1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. Hi guys!! I don't have an AS doll yet but I am interested in getting one. I promised myself that I'd save up and buy a new doll at the end of the year probably. So I was wondering what your experience is. :) How awesome is this brand? Anything that's negative? What colour skin do you think is nicest? What do you think about the bodies? :)

2. Only down points I’ve seen to the bodies is that they can’t sit up straight, at least the 62cm girls which is what I have. And I think I need to suede the part of her leg that allows it to turn to the side, because it slips and slides a bit too easily when she stands making her shimmy. I like the aesthetics though. Their hands are really graceful looking.

3. My AS girl is a custom colour (dark purple!) But I absolutely love her. She’s strung absurdly tight, with like 5-6mm string, which makes her impossible for me to restring, but she’s also beautifully sculpted, and holds poses fantastically!

4. I can second the incredibly tight stringing. It does make my boy a bit hard to move, but the upside is once I get him into a pose, he'll hold it come hell or high water. He can hold quite a variety of poses and of all my dolls I feel the most confident in his ability to stand (I once left him standing on his own for three days straight!). His resin is also wonderfully smooth and high quality. I got him in tan, which is this gorgeous cool olive tone.

5. The translucent pink and white are just too light for me - I have Bella & Rhea in these.

I have HuaRong 1/3 And Rong Rong 1/6 in Normal pink (09). I also got HuaXi 1/6 in Solid Butter (06) which I was unsure of, but I love it! Not even sure what I would order next between Normal pink & Solid butter. They both look awesome.

How about Solid pink (05) ?? Does anyone have it?

[posting for skin tone only]

[​IMG]Angell-Studio kids by Stellar Phenomena, on Flickr

#325 stellarphenomena, Feb 9, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    6. I love my girl in Solid Butter, it’s no where near as yellow as I was afraid of. Honestly she’s not much different colored from my Volks Normal Skin. Slightly paler maybe?

7. Just popping in to share a pic of Xiazhi.

[​IMG]

8. So pretty! I wanted that dress!! Rong Rong looks a bit like a tiny version of her. :)

#328 stellarphenomena, Feb 10, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    9. davri: Yes, it was a happy surprise. I really like it.

10. About the tight stringing, I actually cut the strings when my doll arrived. I feel it was too tight and I was worried about the stress on the resin from the tension.

I didnt want to come to regret it later because I saw some minifees with broken necks and deformed legs from the tight stringing :(

I glue sueded her and restrung her. She didnt need the sueding but might as well do it since shes unstrung.

@Noodles they dont update their english website as quickly as their local one, so if you see something that you want, you can email them and they will add it.

I saw Youth TaoYao (she was called peach spirit from translate) on their local website, I asked about her and they put her on their english website for order, a week + later

@fionvarre Ive seen ringdoll normal in person and its very white, its exactly like iplehouse white
      I think Milk would be a good match to their resin

I did order TaoYao in milk as soon as she became available but she has not shipped yet, or else I would have shown you a comparison with iplehouse white

@Qianna hello :)

Which doll line are you interested in? I really love the body on the AS 1/3 Youth, the 2017 version. I think it is the prettiest female body, good posing and can fit most clothes made for other dolls and she also comes with non ankle high heel legs so she is more solid when standing in heels. I cannot find one thing I do not like about the body or their doll

Nicest skin color is subjective. I usually like the whitest white skintone because of how lifeless it looks, like its drained of life. I have white and shes paper white, no under tones

I also have their suntan doll head and it is very nice, a natural shade without the weird high saturation orange, its a nice cool tone and very natural and cool. @bickazer is 100% spot on with their description, I have olive skin and its very hard to see dolls with similar skin tone, it is always too orange, or too saturated, but AS is natural and also Iplehouse + Granado

I also like how velvet the resin feels, the only thing I dont like is that the string is TOO tight for my liking, so I restring, but it is a personal thing. I also had a problem before with communication but recently it became goodish. I prefer to order from a dealer and I use Legend Doll to order their dolls.

@davri I dont have that problem, maybe its something they fixed with their 2017 1/3 youth body
      when you say sitting upright, you mean sitting like on a chair on the dining table?
      Im reading and writing to improve my english but sometimes I have difficulty understanding.

@stellarphenomena your kids are very beautiful, I realllllllly love Rongrong :D:D:D
      It makes me sad when I see DongZhi XD I love the outfit but I feel I have too many dolls so Im jealous of anyone getting the fullset
      It is the nicest fullset Angell Studio made it is decadent :love

Has anyone noticed that many of the skin tones are now not available to order? Most of the listing have white, pink, butter and milk only

Mermaids seems to be taking time, has anyone received theirs or seen someone that has? I paid in full my order in june 2018, but I guess because it is very complicated it is taking time. Im okay with waiting, I dont want it to be rushed and disappointing

11. Yes I mean sitting on a chair or similar. Mine kind of looks like she wants to be reclining on a fainting couch, her legs prevent her from sitting up straight.

12. Sorry I took so long, my week was busier than I anticipated! I took a couple of photos today to hopefully give you a better idea of the resin. My Elizabeth is in their Milk 08.

Body comparisons

13. @davri

I put her on a chair and made sure that she wasnt leaning on the back, she sat on the chair effortlessly, I think they improved the new body (youth 2017 version) because I dont have that problem :( I undressed her to underwear so the body shows better

This one isnt restrung or glue sueded yet, because the stringing on her is looser than the one on the other doll so Im not too worried about tension and stress

[​IMG]

for reference, she is solid white resin and is Daxue/Greater Snow on the 2017 youth body before they made her a mermaid doll exclusive.

@Yuns I expected it to be more pink! Its very close to white, maybe with ivory undertones instead of white white

14. Yeah, she's pretty white! I've had her for a while now but I'm always surprised when I get her out of the box to look at her, haha. It's a pretty color, though if I had been given another option I think I'd have gone with Solid Butter like my Xi Shi, I'm just not a fan of overly white dolls myself.

15. Thanks!! Honestly I don't know which one yet. I really love their sculpts but I don't even know whether I want a boy or girl yet. Most people here have girls from them? All I know it's that it would be a 1/3. ;)

I have two Ringdoll boys and their skin really is super light. I was afraid that my Granado white skin would be the same as Ringdoll normal but the white is just a tiny bit lighter. XD My Dollbom Girl had a really dark pink skin so I want to get something that's closer to her or on between her and the others... So I won't go for white if I go for a new doll. ;)

I'm really shocked to hear that they strong so tight it can damage the resin. :O did that happen to anyone here yet?

16. @GreenTeaSlug good to hear that Huaxi will match my Mo Dao boys then. My friend was telling me he'd make a good Nie Huaisang so I'm debating a custom order Nie Huaisang cos for him once he arrives.

As for the skintones, my dealer actually said that AS only has four skintones available now, but i find it hard to believe that they'd remove the tan skin option.

17. GreenTeaSlug: Aw, thanks. Really,you can't go wrong with AS dolls. I love most of them, but I'm at a limit with dolls - all these releases I now pass up. Not to mention all the great outfits!

18. Popping in to share a photo of Polaris (XiaZhi). I'll admit to cycling through dolls fairly frequently, but there are some that I refuse to sell, and Polaris is certainly one of them.

[​IMG]

19. NekoNyanMew: What a cutie! What brand is her nice outfit?