1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. So pretty!!!!

2. NekoNyanMew: Yes, that's it - it looked very familiar. Mint Donuts.

3. She is lovely!

4. @NekoNyanMew Shes such a beauty and I love how everything goes well together, shes perfect
      The skin tone, face up, wig, colors, eyes and photography I cant find a fault :aheartbea

Did anyone else here order any of the mermaids? Wondering if you got any news or status updates :arainclou

5. I agree, @NekoNyanMew 's Polaris is so cute! But arrrrgh seeing all these butter skin dolls makes me want to switch my Huaxi's skin color from milk to butter... Turns out my dealer hasn't told AS what skin to cast the doll in yet, so I can still change if I want to.

I'm afraid the butter skin might end up looking too yellow next to the Ringdoll boys I ordered though, so now I'm torn. Especially since I plan to shoot them together once they've all arrived.

I find butter to be a quite a chameleon color. I've seen photos like @NekoNyanMew 's Polaris and @stellarphenomena' s baby Huaxi, where the way the photos were shot (maybe lighting and post-processing) make them look gorgeous. But for the comparison shots that @Yuns kindly provided, I'm afraid I find the butter still a bit too yellowish for my taste. I'm almost tempted to just let my friends vote on the color for me instead...

6. If you go farther back into the album I linked, there's also body comparisons between a few companies that could hopefully help compare skintones, though none of those is in a WS equivalent so I'm not sure how much it helps. Personally I quite like the solid butter color and think it photographs well, it's the WS dolls that I've learned bother me since they're so white, haha. But that's obviously a matter of preference! Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck and that you'll be satisfied with your choice!

7. You guys are too nice, OMG. :...( I've seen some folks kind of dissatisfied with their XiaZhi dolls, and I really think that's because her sculpt requires a very particular type of faceup/style. Those ultra pursed lips aren't just going to work with anything, you know? Either way, I absolutely love her and will definitely be posting more of her in the future! (Psst, @wherethelilacsbloom has a gorgeous Xiazhi that needs to be spammed in this thread, too.)

I use Lightroom to edit my photos, so the colors aren't exactly what they look like IRL, @fionvarre. I do however have some other NS and WS dolls from different companies that I can take unedited comparison photos of, if you'd like. My partner @Melissa has a bunch of WS dolls that I can use for comparison, too. Just let me know if you see any on either of our profiles that you're interested in! :3nodding:

8. Thank you, @NekoNyanMew . <3 I'm hoping to take good quality photos of my new girl soon, and share some here! :o

I got my Xiazhi in milk skin tone, by the way. If you like lighter skin tones, I dont think youll be disappointed!

9. Butter is their only color I haven't seen in person? I know their tan, pink, milk and white but somehow haven't gotten the butter yet.

10. I have two dolls in their butter skin, and one in pink skin. I can try to take a comparison photo for you, if you'd like

11. I do have a comparison of a butter foot with a pink doll
      [​IMG]

12. OK, four friends voted and it ended up as a tie. But I will be going for butter skin, because one of the friends who voted milk said it was because the skin looked more goth to her (the other said it's because white skin is easier to customize, and she has a point there). Nothing wrong with goth, except this boy is a fullset, so he's probably staying as an ancient Chinese general more often than not. If I ever buy a girl from AS though, I'll be getting her in milk!

Oh yeah, one reason why I was unsure on butter is because my dealer showed me a photo of her old and yellowed AS butter girl, and she looked banana yellow. I don't mind if a doll darkens, just as long as it's any shade other than banana yellow. :(

13. I made the Angell-Studio plunge with a Xi Shi fullset another user had listed on the MP. I had been staring at her fullset on the AS website for months, so... It was serendipitous, I think!

I got her back from customizing late last year (new ears and faceup by mokarran here on DoA), and even if I'm still trying to find the right wig and eye combo for her, my Quin is starting to take shape.

[​IMG]

14. Her faceup is lovely. I like the ear mod too!

I swear that’s one of A-S’s most popular outfits, I have it as well and I think I saw someone else with it too. It’s just so pretty.

15. Thank you! And I think I'd have to agree - there's SO MANY layers to the outfit, and I could see the pieces being mix-and-match with other clothing items. Even the inner white layer could work as an outer layer with an underskirt and some jewelry.

The shoes are also amazing.

16. @Catsick she is beautiful! The faceup and the ears remind me of Link from legend of Zelda, though I think that might not be what you were aiming for.

17. Blond elf! I can see where you're getting it from, definitely. :3nodding: