1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @Catsick maybe she can do Link cosplay on Halloween?

2. I'm not sure if i can post this here, but just wanted to share the new Chang E European outfit with you guys for reference if you guys want to order their clothing! :O The quality is so great! >.< This would fit their 62 cm girls!
      I ordered it about 3 weeks ago from Angell Studio's Taobao and it has arrived safe and sound!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Hey...are my eyes deceiving me, or does the AS website have nothing listed under "body component" anymore? Uh....does this mean they've stopped offering bodies/heads separately? That can't be right...it's probably an error? Gah, I hope so! I had planned to finally buy the HongLee head I've always wanted this month, except I ended up oweing taxes for some reason >_>;;;; So I was hoping I could do it in May, but IDK what to do if AS is no longer offering just heads....

I'm probably overthinking it, but I'm just so used to companies suddenly discontinuing stuff or drastically changing their services, I can't help but worry....

4. @NoodIes Wow, your doll looks so beautiful in the outfit! :whee:

5. @bickazer probably just an error. There was a time when I checked he site before and none of the older, sold-out dolls from the Mountains and Seas series were showing up as well. But I think they're back now.

@Noodles that dress is lovely BTW. Though I can't help but think the skirt needs a little more poof.

6. @Noodles That is perfect and so pretty!
      She looks like shes in an advert for soap or beauty products :chibi
      I love her dress and how the dress drapes, so very nice and realistic, sometimes I find some dresses look too stiff like a lamp shade, but I love it and the softness of it

@bickazer just as Fionvarre reassured you, I wouldnt worry about it, its still listed on the Chinese website so I would not worry about them removing the head from sale
      It sucks, I learned from this hobby that if I see something I really like, I need to get it quick :evil:
      Im still sad that CharmDoll told me they will not bring back solid resin.... I want Joanna, but not if shes translusent resin, makes me wish I can go back in time!

7. @GreenTeaSlug that "If you want it, get it before it's gone" mentality is going to be the death of me. And I'm only a few months into the actual collecting hobby...

OT, but I didn't know that Charm Doll is using translucent resin now! Because Joanna is in my want list too. I don't mind translucent that much, but I do prefer solid if I can get it that way.

8. @fionvarre and @GreenTeaSlug Thanks for the reassurance! It's good to know the parts are still on sale on the Chinese website. Guess I shouldn't be overthinking things. :sweat

Contributing to the OT-ness...yeah, Loongsoul/Charm Doll was exactly what I was thinking about! Them switching to only translucent ruined quite a few hybriding plans of mine lol. And more on topic, I remember one day checking the AS website and seeing that the white fox hanfu set (probably my favorite outfit they've ever made and one I've wanted for ages) was no longer there, so I know they've pulled this stuff before. I just generally assume that everything in this hobby is limited though, even if it doesn't outright say so. :roll: So I try to jump on getting stuff as quickly as possible, but obviously I'm constrained by, you know, money. :(

9. I apologize if this seems like the most foolish question, but I stumbled the Lesser Snow sculpt after the event was already over. It appears she was limited, but when I look at her face up option I see it says the model is XiaoXue. When I search the page I cannot find any information on XiaoXue. So, for the question: Is it possible to still obtain her new? Was "Lesser Snow" a limited run of a standard doll that I'm just not finding or should I start stalking the secondhand market?

10. @errinreynolds she was a limited doll, and then they scrapped her and reintroduced her as a mermaid limited doll

They renamed her a lot, first she was XiaoXue then Light Snow and then Lesser Snow lol

You can see her human oldest version here as Xiao Xue
      二十四节气-小雪_BJD商品详细信息_天使工房官方店_BJD娃娃网站

You cannot buy her new now :(

I ordered and paid Greater Snow mermaid as soon as she was made available but she hasnt shipped yet, so maybe those who ordered Lesser snow mermaid, who dont want her now, still havent gotten her yet. I think putting an advert on the marketplace would be a good idea :)

11. Thanks for that, its what I was worried about. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I can find her in the right resin tone.

12. @errinreynolds I wouldnt give up getting her brand new direct though

Follow them on facebook, they had an event previously
      (which I missed because I didnt know about the facebook event, but qualified for :( )

The event was spend $500 and you can get any head, if its a discontinued head, you would need to add $25 extra

Their new facebook Angell-Studio

13. I'm very tempting to buy a head from AS but a bit reluctant on the color. May I ask if anyone has a comparison next to either Switch / Luts / Ringdoll?

Thanks a lot,

14. So I got a reply from Angell-Studio when I asked them about ordering a head separately from a body:

So it seems they took down the body components section on purpose (I'm guessing the Chinese website just hasn't been updated yet) and it's not possible to order them for now. I'm a bit surprised they said they don't sell heads separately because I could have sworn the HongLee head at least was for sale in that section, with a price even. Oh well, I don't know if I want to wait until June to find out if I can still make this order or not, so I think I'm going to try my luck finding the head secondhand. I'm kind of impatient now because I already got his body. XD

I am glad that AS will return to offering parts, however, since I was still planning on getting one of their bodies for one of my dolls in the future.

15. [​IMG]

I just saw that AS remove Lan out from list already ;-;
      I want to have more of her to spare... XD
      I really like this sculpt ;-;

16. No, some heads they do sell. I know HongLee is one of them!

17. I actually received a notice from my dealer that AS has stopped taking new orders for dolls (clothes orders are still OK though). Current/pending orders will be delivered by October. Judging by that timeline, I'd assume that even if the English site (my dealer orders from their China domestic rather than international quota) still takes orders, they might not be delivered until after October.

18. Thanks for the update! Ohh jeeez so that's the situation.... :pout: I really, really regret not ordering the HongLee head back when he was actually on the website. It was just a head, wouldn't have put me out of too much money. GAH. I know for sure he was there @Yumeiro, he cost $138. I made that mock order so many damn times. Should have just gone ahead and actually did it! :...( Maybe I'm too cautious sometimes....

19. Everything will be back up soon.

"We have temporarily removed body components from the web because there are some ongoing construction work inside factory and we are expanding our manufacturing capacity. Therefore our production capability has shrank but it will return to normal in June."

That's from email correspondence with their English staff