1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @davri, That is a lovely dress on her!

2. It's for a Volks SD16/DD and fits fine on her, but I only had a SD13 at the time and their waists are much wider. In fact I had bought an A-S outfit for my SD13, only to find she was too wide in the waist to wear it, but I was planning on eventually buying this doll (which I did, about 6 months later) and that's what Jiaying has been wearing.

3. Does anyone know if Lan got discontinued? I can't find her on the website but her faceup listing is still there...

4. I must say this dress looks better on her than it does on the Volks site! I just ordered it!

5. Hello hello! I've been meaning to re-string my AS Xi Shi recently (she's kinda floppy and her legs won't stand right), but I'm not sure which thickness elastic to order for her body?

The AS site sells them in 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm. If the 3mm is enough for her body and joints, I'd like to get that from the Alice's Collection's site to take advantage of their summer sale. All that aside, how have orders from AS's main site been working out for you guys?

Thanks!

6. Happy to say that I also ordered my Mulan! Looking forward to seeing your girls soon!

7. I've never owned an Angell Studio doll, only admired them from a distance, but when randomly browsing doll websites today I was completely floored by Peach Fairy TaoYao at first sight!! Her and Mulan had me swooning. I love AS dolls, but I never really considered owning any (other than mayyyybe Charlotte) until I saw TaoYao. Just shot in the heart. I have a long wishlist of doll wants, but she just made me fall in love

I can't seem to find any pictures of her though. I saw @GreenTeaSlug s gorgeous, gorgeous girl, but just the one picture. Anyone have more pictures of her? Or Greenteaslug anywhere I can stalk you? :)

Congrats to everyone who is getting Mulan by the way! She's so gorgeous and I can't wait to see user pictures of her.

I'm so new to AS dolls I have so many questions ahhh. I ordered TaoYao in milk skin, does this match with Volks skin? I really want to put some Volks SDGR hands on her for more poses. I'll need to do measurements comparisons to see what standard size she is close to soon. I'm so excited and I should definitely not be spending money right now lol

8. @Littlebirdzoom You are so nice :fangirl: Shes the cutest little elf isnt she?!

Let me know what you want to see her in and Ill take a photo! I havent had much camera time lately because I either dont like what I ended up with, and decide to reshoot later.... Its been many times and each time I see something I dont like, like hair on the face, details disappearing or out of focus once it loads on my computer when on the preview it looks nice and crisp :/

I love the new 1/3 2017 AS body, its probably one of my favorites that Ive handled since she poses nicely and can fit almost everything SD sized, and if it doesnt, a clothing clip on the back makes it look nice and neat lol. Shes very close to SDgrG girl size but a bit narrower in the shoulders, ribcage and stomach. Not enough that the clothes would be too loose, but if you compare the two, its there. I can take a comparison shot too if that is something that interests you

My TaoYao is in Milk skin, shes like a creamy white, and solid white is a cool pinky white. Milk I think would be an okay match for Volks white? I think Milk is just a bit peachier, but my memory is hazy
      I have a Volks SDgrB Ernest who is white skin, and I can take a skin comparison shot for you too, no problem
      I have a milk, solid white and Suntan skin Angell Studio dolls :)

I like comparison shots, I dont have to perfect anything other than making sure its true to what I see in person :P

I was also hinted by the new Angell Studio representative (He is really really nice!) that we might be seeing mermaids back again too! So that is something to look forward to :aheartbea

9. Oh gosh more mermaids! Hopefully not TOO soon, but I would be so happy to see them back. This time I won't pass them up haha.

I'd just love to see more angles of her face! Or how well she can sit Japanese style? Or different hair styles, etc. She has a baby face, but I'm getting the impression that she will still rock a more mature look as well. Which is exactly what I've been wanting right now - a versatile SD girl. If you want to take a comparison shot of her body and an SDgr and the white skin types I won't complain! ^_^ I mean... pretty please if it's not too much work!

I'm so excited! It's been a while since this dolly spark came back. :) When you say the 2017 body is your favorite, do you mean of AS dolls or across the board?

10. Hey yall!! Does anyone know any brands or shops that sell clothes that fit the AS 74cm male body? Or if clothes for other dolls would work? I often see clothes for 70cm+ dolls that are labelled for Dollshe bodies (I think), and I've been wondering if those would fit. :whee:

I've been meaning to ask this to someone before I realized I could ask here :sweat

11. I took a few more pictures of TaoYao and her elf ears show better than the wig I used before @Littlebirdzoom

[​IMG]

Another picture with her hair half up and you can see her face from the front
      [​IMG]

Heres a comparison of Volks White + Angell Studio Milk + Angell Studio Solid White
      [​IMG]

Volks white is very close to Angell Studio Milk, but not an exact match. Milk is a bit more peachy in color, and solid white is too white with pink undertones to match.

I tried googling Japanese style sitting because I dont know what that is....... is it the cute type sitting like the suwarikko style Volks legs? She can do that to a degree but it looks awkward because she has high heel legs I think? It doesnt look as nice and natural as the Volks one. Unless you mean sitting on the knees like a Japanese tea ceremony? It wont work because her calves will hit the back thighs, and her heel leg has no ankles, so I cant push the foot backwards or on the side :(

12. The formal sitting commonly seen in tea ceremony is called seiza. :thumbup

13. She's lovely. Is the dress A-S as well or your own work?

14. @davri thank you :love

No not my work, Im still at below basic sewing level and sometimes I sew arm holes shut by mistake so definitely not on that level at all XD

Its by Kantee Studio :)

15. OMG Angell Studio released a closed eyes SP version for Wei Jie and he is gorgeous.

16. Hello all! I, just like @Littlebirdzoom, fell in love with TaoYao. I ordered her, along with Mesona's fullset outfit and wig, from the AS Taobao store. Holy cow the price difference between their Taobao and the website! Has anyone else ordered from their Taobao?

17. I haven't ordered from their Taobao but I really want to. I just haven't been confident enough to really do it and order it directly and keep track of everything through my taobao account, make sure it ships okay, etc. I would love to know how your experience goes. The price difference is really so significant!!

18. I ordered through an agent and even with the fee the difference was about $120 for a blank doll.

19. @hannaliten

I ordered from their official Taobao, and yes, the price is cheaper. If I recall correctly, the manufacturing time was the same as their international site and my body (Angell Studio 75cm body) arrived safe and sound

20. That’s great to hear!