1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. It's a rotational joint. I have it on my body, though mine has full ankle joints rather than high heel feet.

2. I didnt think anyone would be interested in skin colors, so I made a comparison of all the ones I have (basically the current selection of Angell Studio skintones)

[​IMG]
      Mulan - Normal Pink - 62cm body 2020
      Lesser Snow - Normal Butter - 2017v body - 2019
      White Doe - Solid White - 2017v update - 2020
      LiuRushi - Milk - 2020 Mature girl regular chest 2020
      White Doe - Sunshine - 2017v update - 2020

@bahboh The mobility joint on the 2017 body only rotates, it doesnt function like the actual mobility joint. The 2020 mature girl body however has a fully functional mobility joint! It can fold up to its chest, but I wanted to show the joint better. Its an amazing body. Personally, I loved the mobility joint because it allows them to sit crosslegged and I cant think of anything negative about it. Its definitely something I miss on the updated body when I was setting them up for a photoshoot, but its not something that lessens my love for them either.

[​IMG]

Both the mature 2020 60 girl and the 2017 58 girl can wear SD16/SDgrG heels :)

Heres a picture of both of them wearing Volks Creamy Mami high heels. They can stand on it without a problem, but I wouldnt leave them standing just in case. Tan is the 58 and Milk is the 60. Its slightly big, but not big enough that its distracting or falls off.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

@Yuns I dont have the older body so I cant really be helpful, but I will say, that these bodies are very sturdy, specially the 60 body. You pose them and they hold the pose. The elbow design is very smart and pretty. The knees, are not double jointed, but they have notches in them to help them stay in place, plus the thigh joint is so helpful and makes posing much easier. The body also has silicone between the joints, so no sueding necessary :)

[​IMG]

3. That is very helpful, thank you very much! Would you say the single jointed knee is because of the heel legs, or is that the design for this body even if I were to get her with normal feet?

4. @GreenTeaSlug Thank you so much for the photo!! Wow, for bodies that are supposedly only 2cm apart, there's a lot of height difference between them.

Does the bigger body take SD16 clothes, or SD13? Trying to make sure my incoming girls won't be nude when they arrive.

Interestingly, Li Shishi is listed as coming with a flat foot rather than a high-heel foot. I wonder which one Elena will come with... flat foot or heel foot? Thankfully, I will be happy either way.

Is it true that the heads and bodies are not switchable with each other?

The skintone comparison makes me wonder if I shouldn't have done Milk instead of Butter for Elena... But man I love the brown!! It looks so good. I'm so happy I splurged on the second Elena in that color.

5. I guess because of Li Shishi character so she has flat foot. Her fullset includes her shoes which are traditional Chinese shoes. But I wonder if I should order extra heel legs for her. I’m not even sure they will sell seperate legs.

AS told me it would take 75 days to complete her. Anyone has the estimate how long will it take in general for this brand?

6. I've heard that Corona has really messed them up for times. I ordered a doll (just the doll) with a face up and body blushing at the end of November of 2017, I think, and she arrived in March of 2018. I've been seeing 9+ month waits recently. I don't know where A-S studio physically is, but they were probably affected by the quarantine in China and are still digging themselves out. I did order dresses this year and they arrived within a couple of months, so pre-made stuff is shipping pretty quick, but I don't know about dolls.

7. @Quinn.nnp I think 75 business days is pretty close?

I ordered White Doe on 21/4/20 and she shipped on 10/09/20. Based on an internet business days calculator, it took them 143 working days for a fullset to be completed. This was through Legend Doll.

However, I ordered a doll directly from them on 1/5/20 and received her on 16/7/20. I never got a shipping notification so Im not sure when she shipped, but based on those dates alone, it took them 77 business days so I think 75 business days is pretty close.

@Cauldroness The smaller body fits DD clothes nicely (the ones meant with the bigger busts). The bigger body, Ill have to get back to you in some time since I got foot surgery and moving hasnt been too easy lol. If you dont mind waiting some time, I can double check for an SD16 outfit and see how it fits, both dress and a pants outfit. Based on what Im seeing though, I think pants would be too tight, but I think dresses, jackets and tops would be okay. Ill double check just to be sure though!

I think only the older heads might have that issue. I have a Summer Solstice head and her head would not fit on the newer bodies, it needs the head hole to be modified to fit the newer necks so it would fit properly instead of perching on it. I did not have a problem with putting White Doe on the bigger body, or putting LiuRushi on the smaller body. It doesnt look right because of the proportions, but they can fit, if that makes sense? No gapping issues, just aesthetically.

,,,,,,Maybe this will be helpful? Milk is very close match to Volks white. Butter is close to Volks normal, but its brighter/lighter. I think if you prefer volks white, you should go with milk, but if you prefer volks normal, go with butter. Personally, I was surprised how much I liked butter skin, even though I used to avoid it because I thought butter = yellow, but its so beautiful in person and for photographs. Out of all the AS skin colors, I would say Milk is my personal favorite though.

8. I was comparing milk skin of AS with light rose skin of Loongsoul because I want to get BiYueWu as Li Shishi’s sister. Based on the images their skin tone are not too much different. I really like milk skin too. It looks more natural. Just wondering how it looks like when yellowing. If it looks like butter skin then not too bad.

Li shishi looks really good with tan skin. I wish I could get her in both skin tone.

Did you order on their English website? I checked their taobao shop and it’s much cheaper. Like Li Shishi fullset on English site is 1020usd but on taobao is around 680usd. And there are more service options like body tattoo on their taobao shop.

9. The new girl Caroline is beautiful. I’m tempted to get the dark version.

10. Wow, Caroline is really gorgeous! I noticed her mold has little teeth too, which I haven't noticed a lot of on bigger AS girls before?

11. I just order Li Shishi through their taobao shop. They speak English too which is nice because I was translating using google. Average waiting time will be 4-5 months so I will mostly see all my girls when it's the coldest season in Canada~

Also you can request to change flat feet to heel legs but you have to pay extra for that. They don't sell separate heel legs.

12. Quinn.nnp: Gorgeous doll!

IMAGE: © Angell-Studio

[​IMG]

13. @Yuna-Ki: She's lovely. Is the doll on the left here Elena?

IMAGE: © Angell-Studio
      [​IMG]

14. is the new caroline on a brand new body? I wonder how it looks/what's different

15. she comes with the body as Li Shishi's so it's the 2020 mature body. I'm pretty sure her default legs are heel legs because they are selling her shoes as heel ones.

16. Has anyone ever asked Angell Studio to change make-up after ordering? I love Caroline's make-up and am planning on asking AS to switch Elena's make-up to that once they're back from holiday.

17. I believe you can do that but you have to pay extra. They told me that when I put the wrong make up link for Fiona. They are back from holiday already.

18. Oh, how much extra did they charge? Elena's make-up is the same price as Caroline's so I wasn't expecting an extra charge. Some of the face-ups are cheaper so I'd expect to pay the difference if I switched from a $65 face-up to an $85 face-up, for example.

19. No it’s not about the cost but more about how the artist has to adjust the make up. White Deer make up looks identical to Fiona’s yet they still told me I had to pay extra even though the price is the same. Any customization will cost you (a mole on her face will cost me $1.5 and it’s just a dot!!) so think carefully if you want to adjust anything. It may not be a lot for 1 adjustment but many small adjustments will cost lots of money.

I forgot how much it is for the extra because I talked to them on taobao so the price was in rmb. But in total I paid around 4000 rmb (more than $800 cad) for a nude doll + 2 face up + change heel legs + 2 ear holes + white deer wig + a resin mask + her eyes. Sounds expensive but still cheaper than buying from their english website in usd. However I can’t do layaway because I need to order 3800 rmb to get Fiona head. I’ll just think of getting 2 dolls at the same time for the price.

20. Ah, well, if it's a little extra so I don't mind. I ordered through a dealer so I'm paying the higher price but my attempts to communicate directly with AS about Elena in the past have been a failure (and she's not listed on their taobao or English site), so I'll live with it.