1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. I think I need to move Lan Ling to the top of my wish list! I have always kicked myself for not getting Qingyi, but I think I like Lan Ling better! It's so nice to see them together.

2. @april he's amazing! Congratulations!

I want to get an outfit (or two) from them too.

3. @Alewife and @Fey Lady -- I really was happy with the quality of the outfit. Even the under-clothes were nicely finished. And details like the snaps in the under-shirt were black and matched the trim color, that was nice. The ties were all long enough and didn't look flimsy. The materials and fabrics were all very nice quality, too. Most doll companies are good quality, though (they know we are paying for that!), but sometimes some Chinese companies aren't quite as careful (while I like Doll-Chateau and Ringdoll... their details can be a bit rough sometimes).

The outfits probably fit the slimmer sized dolls, though.

4. I have a tan Hua Rong and their tan is a shade lighter than Luts RSB.

5. Oh.. that's very interesting, is there any pictures of her somewhere, so I can see how she looks?

6. I'm new to angell studio. Do the faceups look similar in person as it shows on their promo pics? I'm deciding on a doll and don't know whether to order or do a custom faceup. I've seen companies whose promo pics are amazing and then you receive the doll and the faceup looks nothing like the pictures. Anyone have any advice? :) Also, is their tan a lighter tan than let's say iplehouse, fairyland, etc?
      Thank you

7. I can't say anything about their tan as I own no tan dolls from them, but from my (limited) experience with their faceups, I'd say if you like the one in the promo pics enough then go for it. My girl with a faceup from them is absolutely stunning, she has my favorite faceup among my collection. It's very delicate and with great attention to detail. She even has actual individual lashes applied for her lower lashes rather than painted on, though I don't know if they do that in all their faceups or not. I'm still regretting getting my second doll from them blank. :'D

8. I'll agree with that. I don't have any tan dolls, but out of the three that I've got (the other two being Luts & Fairyland) the Angell Studio has the best faceup. My Charlotte below if that helps (any excuse to spam really :))

[​IMG]

#51 Leiothrix, Aug 28, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    9. Sorry... quick comparison, without adjustment or finding matching angles/lighting...

A-S official photo on Left, my awful photo on Right. I haven't done a detailed comparison (not at home) with the official photos, but I thought they looked enough alike not to worry about it. There are a few companies who sort of skimp on faceups from time to time (in my experience: Ringdoll sometimes, Doll-Chateau sometimes). I didn't feel that about A-S. I'd definitely get a faceup from them again... it seems close enough and good quality to me...

Note-- my skin tone isn't the same as the official photos. Theirs is butter and I ordered Normal Pink!
      [​IMG]

10. I've only ever had a custom faceup from AS, but I can also attest to their attention to detail. They do fantastic work! :D You could probably ask for a picture of your doll's face before they ship it--I don't know if they do that only for custom faceups or for any faceup, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

11. My Charlotte's faceup is bog standard and they sent me an email with three photos of her before she was shipped; so I'm guessing it's a standard process for them.

12. I received a preview of my girl's faceup before they shipped her too, but I've also heard of people who didn't get one for theirs, so I guess it depends?

13. Ok thank you all so much for all the info. :)

14. It's just a semi-cruddy phone photo I took at night, but here's my big, grey boy with his new wig! It is as J-pop/Final Fantasy as I was hoping it would be.:wiggle

[​IMG]

15. This is my first purchase from this company, but I really like this new 74cm body--very good quality!

[​IMG]

Has anyone else ordered this body?

I'm now considering buying more from them (in the slightly distant future), especially after seeing all these lovely images of Lan Ling!

16. @americanseamstress - I'm looking to get the 74cm body as well! Just not too sure which head I would match with it.