1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @darkangelxix Yeah this forum makes it impossible to update photos from your phone. I edited my post with the photos. I tried to find the comparison post of new and old head on their taobao shop again but couldn't find it. Even Liu Rushi purchase link is hidden somewhere and I was happen to see it on my taobao app since I follow their store. I'm still debating to get her with flat feet or heel feet. But she's more expensive than other dolls. Here I was thinking that I won't purchase from them for a while :eek:

Old head Liu Rushi in tan skin
      [​IMG]

#601 Quinn.nnp, Feb 7, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    2. I really like those hands! Are they only available with the new girl?

3. @Lilanie they are gift so yeah I think they only come with new Liu Rushi. People from weibo are saying AS had given similar hand gift before but thinner than these. I’m not sure how they look in real life but the fingers are kinda thicker in this photo which I’m not really fond of.

Also only during this event people can order just the body. Good for people who wants to do hybrid.

4. She reminds me of Faon white Doe more!

5. How about some spam of the fairy makeup HuaRong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Spam her any time you want! She is a sight for sore eyes!

7. Hi~ I have been told by AS that the high heel feet for the 60cm body is in development (there's the high heel legs but, I would like to exchange back and forth between flat feet and high heel legs... but, it is not possible to get the extra high heel legs due to the way the 60 cm body is constructed...). Long story short: I should just get a 60cm with flat feet and another 60cm with high heel legs lol (I can only get 1 right now...).

Therefore, I'm considering to get a pair of DFA 68 cm high heel feet for my solid butter girl. (I heard DFA does resin matching too).
      This is the high heel feet I'm considering: high heel feet DF-A 68cm girl doll SD17 size bjd_1/3 size doll_Doll Family-A_Clover singing doll base

Based on measurements of the width and length, it seems to match the typical SD feet (including AS). Can someone with the 60 cm body measure the diameter of the ankle opening? I would like to know if the ankle ball/joint size will match or not :atremblin

8. These won't work ? I got these with HuaRong (extra)
      58cm High-heeled feet

9. @stellarphenomena can you please post a photo with those feet on the body? I’m trying to see how they look like so I can decide on the new girl

10. OMG thank you!!! I wasn't aware of that. I will ask AS if I can add that to my order.

11. Quinn.nnp: Sorry, I don't have them on her - she is in flat feet. She is strung so tightly, it's not easy to change the feet readily. I don't have a picture to share on a doll.

This is the only pic I have, the feet on the AS high heels. As you can see, the shoes are a bit too big for the feet.

Please look at pictures of feet on doll here: 1/3 Princess Sandal

[​IMG]

#611 stellarphenomena, Feb 15, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    12. Maybe a stupid question, but since I just received a shipment from AS... :kitty2
      My new dolls (Chiyu & Qingyi) don't have a pillow in their box. They are only secured with foamed material.
      I usually keep my dolls in their box. Do you buy pillows for your dolls afterwards? :?

13. I don't but, I keep my dolls out of the box. I put my dolls in my bedroom and on my carpeted floor... so, the carpet kinda become their pillow xD

14. @dragoneye1300 they used to have pillow case before but now they only have foam in the box. Too bad because it kinda looks cheap to me. But their box is secure so that’s a plus point. I just put my dolls on my bed because I only sleep on one side of the bed anw. I’d like to always see my dolls once they all have make up and hair.

After a week browsing finally I snatched a daxue mermaid with purple tail, my favorite colour. I entered the hobby when the 2nd version of mermaids was sold out so I didn’t get the chance to get daxue open eye head. I got the head with human body and now I got mermaid body with sp head :D She will flight all the way from China to Canada. I’m excited but at the same time nervous. Hope she will get a safe flight before swimming in the frozen lakes here lol

15. @skyadmirer & @Quinn.nnp
      Thank you very much for your answers! :kitty2
      I knew it! So AS had real pillows in their doll boxes back then.
      Why did they change that?! :pout:

16. Probably cheaper to not use pillows...

I just ordered Diao Chan, and unfortunately IoriDolls couldn't get her on the new 62 cm body (despite talking to them for at least a week), so I had to settle for the new 58 cm one - so likely without thigh joints. I hope I won't miss those joints...

17. yeah they used to have nice bags but I never got one since I just bought from them recently. I only saw unboxing photos with the bag. But you can buy the bag if you want. I don’t know when I can go to doll meetings so I didn’t buy any bag

@Lilanie is there a reason they can’t get her on 62cm body? The only thing I I could think of is maybe because of the head, but it’s same size with 60cm body. You can email and ask AS directly or just try other agents. Some agents are faster in response.
      It seems like the 62cm body is more popular in China than 60cm body. I just don’t like the waist joint tbh. And the body is skinnier.

18. I had no luck when I tried communicating directly with AS about it either, and I trust that IoriDolls did her very best. I have to admit that I like the shorter height a lot more, so maybe it's just a blessing in disguise?
      And I wanted the new tall body, not the one with the waist joint - I'm very much a chest joint or no joint kinda girl. xD

19. Is there a new tall body? They only have one type of 62cm body, or are you talking about the 60cm body?

20. Uh, GreenTeaSlug posted about a 62 cm body on page 24. Or it might be only 60? I'm honestly not sure, the one on the far right in GreenTeaSlug's picture. I borrowed the picture (sorry GreenTeaSlug!), circled the body and sent that to IoriDolls. xD