1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @Lilanie yes that’s 60cm body. 62cm body has waist joint

2. At this point, I'm superconfused by their bodies. I wish they just had a page where I could see them so I could send a link. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I don't get the waist joint one. xD

3. @Lilanie I thought AS discontinued Diao Chan at the end of last year...? 0_0 I remember seeing a notice on LegendDoll and Clover Singing that XiShi, DiaoChan, Wang Qiang, and Yang Yu Huan were discontinued by 31 Dec 2020.... 0____0 May I know when did you place your order?

4. Got confirmation from IoriDolls that she ordered February 19th. n_n
      And as far as I can tell, she's still available on AS's website?

5. Hello all! I was looking for a moody romantic eyed elf boy, and came across Leo :o Does anyone have Leo? I'd love to see owner's pictures, especially in tan skin <3

6. Recently I was also looking for pictures of Leo. Unfortunately I only found a few on the official Angell Studio-DeviantArt account: Angell-studio - Professional, Artisan Crafter | DeviantArt
      But maybe that will help you a little further?! :kitty2

7. Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know :)

8. Heya! I'm excited to see an Angell-Studio thread (I've been misspelling it :doh)

Does anyone here have an older AS doll they would be OK to photograph for me? About this size range, single-jointed, female. I'm trying to follow up a doll's provenance.

9. Finally my Lishishi and Fiona arrived. I don't have outfit for Lishishi yet so Fiona will stay out for now. The wig I got from AS really suits her clothes. The new body is great, can sit crossed legs elegantly.

[​IMG]

10. A new doll is out it seems: Taiping Princess (?)
      And now it seems they've released White Deer on the new 2020 60cm body! It's not super clear though since they list the body as the 2017 body, but the measurements line up with the 2020 body and the pics look like the 2020 body.
      The pics in the new white deer listing is really nice if you want to see the 2020 60cm body (i think) from multiple angles and positions.

11. She's not my favorite but that outfit is gorgeous. I like Hadong best.
      Hadong (Face-up)

12. @bahboh that's definitely new body. But does that mean they changed White Deer head size to fit with new body? I'm waiting for them to release fantasy girls though

13. I wasn’t planning on getting another doll anytime soon but now am thinking about getting a Kana. I can’t decide between solid pink or solid white. Does anyone have any pics of Kana in either of those two colors? Or any pics of AS dolls in solid white and solid pink?

14. @coop52 If you scroll to page 24 of this thread, someone has 5 AS dolls of different colors (all in the same pic). The person inserted the picture as a spoiler tag or something (so just click one each one of them lol)

15. My Racrimosa arrived the other day (box opening [here]) ^^
      She's thicker and taller than I imagined... I tried on pretty much all clothing I have to see what fits, and the vast majority of my SD13 stuff is fine (dresses and skirts are much shorter on the body), but trousers/jeans are an issue. They're too short in the leg, and don't do up around the hips :/
      BUT! Nine9Style SD13 boy jeans fit the body perfectly! Which is great :D

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. those are a perfect fit! they look like they were made for that body!

17. My Caroline came in yesterday. her head is big compared to White Deer.
      I'm quite pleased with the 2020 60cm body compared to the 2017 58cm body.
      a short review/comparison between the two.
      the 58cm body
      • doesn't have a thigh joint;
      • has notches/locking at the knees and chest joint;
      • silicon O rings at the neck and shoulder joints. (But I've had some issues with O rings rolling out or snapping in different doll shoulders/necks. some dolls are perfectly fine; others have the issues i mentioned.)
      • hands have a wrist ball piece and a hand piece.
      • wrist balls have a cross notch that allow you pull off the hands and rest the S hook while changing clothes.
      the 60cm body
      • has a thigh joint for rotation and for pulling legs up.
      • notches/locking at the knees, thighs, and chest joint;
      • silicon disks at the hip joint;
      • O rings at the shoulder.
      • but no O ring at the neck like the 58cm.
      • The hands look fine, but the wrist joint looks a tad small for the forearm hole. wrist and hand are all one piece of resin unlike the 58cm hands, which fit perfectly on the 60cm body
      • 60cm hands don't have a notch to rest the shook
      • AS 58cm clothes will just barely fit on the 60cm body around the bust. but AS stuff with velcro closures do manage to close
      pics of the 60cm body:

18. Still really sad that AS wouldn't let me get my grabby hands on this new body. It looks so well-engineered!

19. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh :evil:
      So the AOD high heel feet I was gonna try are a bust for my Racrimosa... They arrived today, and not only are they very much not anywhere near the colour I was expecting (far more yellow/peachy than I recall it being), they also do not fit in like 90% of the high heeled shoes I have... They're too flat/don't have a high enough rise.:vein

I don't really know where to go from here.
      I have a couple other options, but I'm pretty sure the ankle will be way too small for the 62cm body with Dollmore high heel feet (not to mention probably a bad resin match).
      I'm honestly considering paying someone to 3D print and cast me some feet for this body at this point...

20. New 1/3 doll, "Spring Breeze"

IMAGE: © Angell-Studio
      [​IMG]