1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @rensirita

I have a PygmalionDoll head on mine for now:
      [​IMG]

2. I am going to be ordering another girl! I am going to be buying a XiaZhi in the next day or two! I am so giddy!

3. @americanseamstress How is the posing on that body? I've been thinking about getting it, but it seems like not many people have that body yet, so I'm a little bit unsure...

4. @Choctopi

The posing is pretty good, but I haven't totally figured out the knees (I can only get them to bend into a 25ish degree angle).

Edit: I've posted the images here.

#64 americanseamstress, Sep 12, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    5. Do's Angell-Studio still do layaways? I want to order but I am a hundred short because of shipping.

6. @americanseamstress Oh thank you so much! Hmm.. I really like this body but I'm worried about the size xD He looks huge!

7. @Choctopi

He's a decent size--actually smaller than I thought. In terms of physical size when holding the doll, he's really not that much different than the other dolls I have, but in terms of specific proportion to other dolls, I can see how for people who have a specific height (cm or feet/inches), I can see how it might be a problem.

8. @americanseamstress Yeah.. my main concern is that I have a 60cm sd, so I have a feeling that he'll look super small next to a 74cm, haha. But, I might just decided to get him anyway!

9. I have just ordered my first Angell Studio BJD - Hua Rong white ver. fullset.
      Oh I cannot wait to get her, she is such a gorgeous doll and I have stalked her through forum searches and pics througout the internet. As her wig became available again today, my chance has come to get her fullset!
      I hope my waiting time is not so long ;)

I was just a bit struggling because of the skin choices but I think it was good to take Milk 08. Should be the same skin color as her official pics...
      Anyone would like to spam her a bit?

10. Hi everyone:) I've been eyeing AS's new 62cm girl body for quite some time and I am curious if someone here in the US might be able to help me. I'm trying to figure out if ta head I have will work on the new 62cm girl body and curious if someone in the US who has the body might be willing to try my head on the body. IAlso, I'm not sure what skin tone might match my head. From looking at skin tones, I'm thinking the normal pink is the closest. Anyone here have a doll or body in the normal pink? Or an owner comparison picture of the different AS skin tones? The head is a Pipos Lavender and is way more pink than my Volks SDGr body, so I know solid butter is a no. The head fits the Volks neck perfectly.

11. New AS Mavis is so, so precious!:D

12. @CindyG -- My Lan Ling is normal pink... Do you have an idea of what other resin matches your Pipos Lavender? I can maybe shoot a comparison if I have another doll or two that is known to be close to your Lavender... I have some Volks, but they are super-old (2006/7), so their colors have probably shifted a bit by now...

13. I have girls in solid pink and solid yellow. Solid yellow is really not very yellow. I don't think it is even close to Volks. Mine are from 2014 but I could do a comparison. This may help. Here is a comparison of solid pink feet with a solid butter foot.
      [​IMG]

14. Thanks everyone for the help and pictures! I tried to get a picture this morning of the Pipos head with a Volks leg part. The Volks leg part is from a newer body, so it's a good guide. Unfortunately, my picture is terrible and it's raining out so no outdoor picture, but you can see the Pipos head is pinker, but not as pink as AS solid pink. So maybe the solid butter will work if it's more pink than Volks. And I'm assuming if the Pipos head fits the 9cm Volks neck, it should work on the 8.9cm AS neck. I have on order an AS MSD girl in solid butter, so I will know hopefully soon if the colors match. I sure hope so as I love the 62cm body!!

Here's the comparison pic:
      [​IMG]

15. I wonder if Maskcat pink might match.

16. If you send them the head cap, or a paint swatch the same colour as it, they can make a custom colour. I believe it's about $60 extra. It might even be less, because unlike me, you're not ordering a dark purple SD girl. I second the love for the 62 cm body though.. are you getting yours with the large or the small bust?

17. Hi Chameleon. Thanks for the color matching info!! I believe my problem has bee solved :) I would love the large bust, but I'm not sure if the larger chest is hard to outfit. I like a more curvy body, so I may just go for it!

18. No problem! And I love the large chest body, though I personally only have the small one. I'm sure there's plenty of AS clothing that'll fit her even if she's a little tricky to dress though!

19. I just ordered a XiaZhi and I traded for a xiangling so now I have 7 angell-studio dolls. Sherry, Victoria, Xishi, Hua Rong, Melly, Xiangling, and XiaZhi. Angells madness is a real thing! I thought this stuff only happened to Fairyland, Soom, and Volks people!

#79 SmilesEvily, Oct 4, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017
    20. I share your madness! I have Cynthia, HuaRong, and Charlotte, eying XiaZhi, and I’m kicking myself for missing out on Elizabeth. I love all of them and also love their clothing— so much amazing detail!