1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. @Sylphide Same here! I really want Cynthia and Charlotte too! So badly!

2. Ok guys, I didn't want to do this, but ended up joining the AS bandwagon... I am nervous to dive into a new " addiction" but could not resist XiaZhi in Suntan.. I bought her blank with clothing as the dress was super gorgeous. It will be months before she is here as I am doing layaway through Mint On Card, but am super excited for her arrival :)

3. One of us! One of Us! One Of US! lol Welcome! To the AS addiction! XiaZhi is a great choice!(I just bought mine as well in Milk Skin!) Please send picture when your Angel comes home!

4. Does anyone here have a picture of the Milk 08 skin? I keep hearing folks talk about the color, but I don't see a sample of it on Angell Studio's website. Also, is AS's solid white more a yellow white or a pink white? I'm trying to decide if their solid white would be a match for Volks pure skin white, but it looks like to me AS's solid white does have a little pink to it.

And I'd love to see some group pictures of AS dolls if any of you have more than one. So many of their dolls are on my list and I can't decide who I want first.

#84 CindyG, Oct 12, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    5. She's HuaRong

[​IMG]

6. HuaRong (face detail)

[​IMG]

7. Hi! I’ve ordered a DiaoChan ver.2 as my second doll. Now I just have the wait to endure...

I’m surprised Angell Studio isn’t more popular, I like a number of their sculpts, and their clothes are amazing in their detail. I’ve already bought this outfit for her.

8. Agree!

I'm loving this outfit:

[​IMG]

9. Angell-Studio is right in the middle of a very competitive and saturated market... but they have been around a long time and seem to be going strong, so maybe they have a good enough strategy to be OK, even if they are not dominating in sales or popularity. I do hope they continue to do OK, because I think you are right--they have lovely dolls and outfits!

10. @april - Do you know who the top BJD companies are?

11. The first bjd I ordered (and last to arrive) was Angell Studio a few years ago. My AS dolls are wonderful. It is a really good company. I've always been really impressed with their clothing and resin quality. I'm regretting passing on some of the dolls this past year. I have a couple of FL layaway orders and an Loongsoul to pay off, but I'm really wanting another AS doll and there's a bunch of clothes I've been eyeing as well.

@CindyG I don't have Milk 08, and my dolls were bought in 2015 and 2016, but I have solid butter, white and pink. I'll try to get a group photo of them this weekend. Sorry, I don't have any good ones on file. My house has bad lighting and the photos don't do them justice. My photography skills are badly in need of improvement. I have to say, they are all good colors though. The butter doesn't really look yellow unless you have her side by side with the others. The white is lovely and had just a hint of color to it, not like a solid paper white like some companies. My avatar is AS Victoria in butter, but as you can see, it's not a great pic. lol

12. Hello!

I’ve noticed Angell Studio has the same doll listed on their site with different face ups but the same name. Is there any difference in the sculpt between these? Or is it just the face up?

For example,

Cynthia

Cynthia

Rouran girl/Cynthia

Side note, my Cynthia is coming home tomorrow!! I ordered the first one on the list via MOC.

13. I'm pretty sure that it's just different faceups and overall set/themes that these sculpts come in (please feel free to correct me).

Also congratulations on your Cynthia! I'm still going over the faceup of my HuaRong with AngellStudio. I'm hoping they'll redo her eyebrows for her.

14. No difference in the sculpt :)

Sometimes the multiple listing will have different bodies/body parts, skin color, or as you said,different faceups
      Ie. the Rouran Cynthia has Flat feet and the other two have heel legs

Edit. Oh and congratz :D Cynthia was my first AS doll and I love her to bits~!

15. I thought so! If they were different sculpts, the difference would be so minimal that no one would notice! And thank you so much! Here’s hoping your HuaRong gets the eyebrows you want :dance
      Ah! I didn’t even notice Rouran Cynthia had flat feet! Makes sense :3nodding: and thank you so much! She’s truly such a gorgeous girl. Glad you’re enjoying your lovely Cynthia! :chibi

16. #97 Momolicious, Dec 6, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    17. Sorry, can't help u with the body matching but she is really gorgeous! The face up suits her very well..XD

18. I would pick out your body and then get Angell-Studio to colour match her head, once you get it. They do custom resin colours (and they do them flawlessly, in my experience)

19. How tall do you want? The Angell-Studio 62cm body is almost 64 cm with the high heel feet.