1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. Woah really? :o That's amazing! Do they charge extra for it though?

I think the 62cm body would be great! I have to research more about the neck fit though, thank you for this tip ^^

#101 Momolicious, Dec 6, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    2. It was an extra $40 for me to get an entire doll in dark purple, so they’re very reasonable about their pricing.

3. @Momolicious If you're thinking of getting a face up through AS, I'd be careful to be very specific. I ordered Kana in 2016 via MOC with the company face up. I thought I'd get what was in the stock photo, but ended up with a completely different look. I looked directly on AS site and found the default face up they were offering was, in fact, the one I got and wasn't expecting. It wasn't shown on MOC's website.

Edit: Had issues w/ posting photos... sorry.

Disclaimer: Please forgive the utilitarian nature of photos I post. They're very poor quality as I'm working on my skills, but haven't had much time (why I don't post more). I wanted some outdoor photos in natural light as the lighting in my house is horrible, but it's been dark whenever I get home. Anyway, I've included pics of my AS dolls, Victoria (2015 LE 62cm), Kana (2016 w/ Co. face up 58cm), and Elisabeth (2015 LE 62cm). I also didn't have a good background, so just grabbed something white and set up something quick in my dining room. I will try to get some in nature light over the weekend.

Kana in Leekeworld wig w/ Co. face up
      [​IMG]

Elisabeth in white skin w/ cheap unknown wig, Kana in pink skin, and Victoria in butter skin in AS wig, to show the color variance. Vic looks much more yellow in the photos, and next to these girls, than RL. She's really amazing in RL. Elisabeth and Kana have a bit more noticeable variance in RL.
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4523/37998884035_cddf8aa618.jpg

This one just shows a bit more skin:
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4550/38885629631_d30d0222f2.jpg

This doesn't show a great size variance, but gives you an idea:
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4573/38885629891_c1fe9d0383.jpg

Kana in her AS wig (I love AS, clothes & dolls are top notch, but wig quality could be a lot better):
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4559/38885628471_97a3013434.jpg

#103 Lisam925, Dec 7, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    4. Ask Angell-Studio if she fits on the 62cm body! They are very helpful!

5. Thank you for the advises! :D They're really helpful.

Im thinking about buying the 62cm body for Kana, question though: If i buy the body with heeled legs, do i just buy the flat feet for 62cm to get both? The 62cm heeled legs' feet doesnt look detachable from the ankles for easy feet change from the company pictures.

Body: 62cm Girl with high heel legs and big chest
      Feet: 62CM Female feet

6. The heeled legs are not jointed at the ankle but their are heel feet that can go on the flat feet legs. 62CM High-heeled feet

If you order from Angell-Studio you can ask for substitutions. Like I would to order Kana on the 62 cm body with a large bust and flat feet legs and heeled feet.

7. I've finally decided to order my Angell-Studio Ty in a custom color and on the 68cm body. Can they put heads on different bodies? Is that something they do? (I feel that their 70+ heads should fit the 68cm since HongLee shows up on both sizes).

This would make him my most expensive doll by far...I wonder if AS offers layaway? :sweat I don't know of any dealers besides Legenddoll (limited options) and MOC (now stock-only).

8. AS absolutely does layaway! I used them for my custom purple girl and they allowed it. Just email them..

9. Dolkus and Dollmix carry AS and offer layaway options. I'm not sure on the limitations and specs. I've heard both offer extended plans for larger orders.

I haven't ordered yet from either dealer, but plan to before YE to get deals and events. I was told by Dollmix I wouldn't qualify for Loongsoul special on extended plan, but AS doesn't offer discounts through dealers anyway, to the best of my knowledge, so shouldn't be an issue for you.

BTW... AS is good at responding to inquiries. I think they do offer layaway, but be sure to compare all fees and shipping. It has always worked out better for me to order through a dealer. I am so sad MOC is in stock only now. They were great with my past AS orders. I still check them out, though, to see what they have in stock. They are good company to deal with.

10. @Chameleon and @Lisam925 Thank you for the info! I'm very relieved to know AS offers layaway. I'm not planning on making my order immediately, but some time early next year (I hope). @Chameleon how long a term did they offer?

@Lisam925 Oh, right, I forgot about Dolkus and Dollmix! I think I'll go direct through the company for this order, since it's a bit complex.

11. I can’t remember how long term it was (I paid it off early) but I’d send them an email! Lemon is a pleasure to talk to.

12. Yeah, I think I'll do that. It'll be a while before I make the order but it can't hurt to get more information. :)

13. Is milk 08 resin the same as translucent milk resin? because the other colors they say normal skin and another option is normal translucent but in skin color chart there is only milk translucent skin , no milk only resin in the color chart, but in doll option they don’t mention if it is translucent. I don’t want translucent

Also does anyone know which one is lighter milk or solid white?

DaXue is very beautiful she have expressive sad eyes

14. I would assume something called "solid white" is going to be as its name implies - the whitest of the resin shades available. "Milk" is going to have a yellow undertone as actual milk does in real life.

15. Thank you @nancy_schroeder_ca I checked earlier but milk is not listed, only milk translucent

On DaXues listing there’s only milk skin tone without the translucent part that is what is confusing me DaXue

@Kimchi i assumed that also but in the link with the skin comparisons solid white looks significantly darker than milk

I’m just wondering if DaXue listing is a mistake for the skin color, I would take milk if it was a solid color but not translucent

I think I’ll contact them lol

So they just replied to me but the answer was confusing

I asked if milk 08 on DaXue’s Page was solid resin or translucent and they said it is not it is milk 08

So by color chart I assume it is translucent because of the 08 part

Anyway it is my birthday today so I order her in solid white because I like how not natural it looks like a dream part in shows with the Vaseline blurry filter lol

Also @Kimchi you are correct they said solid white is the whitest. That milk is healthy pink white skin and snow is whiter but I’m not interested in translucent skin

I am excited about DaXue I love her eyes and how sad and teary it look :daisy:sumomo:

#116 GreenTeaSlug, Jan 4, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
    16. @americanseamstress I was wondering about the proportions of this 74 guy with Dollstown dolls specifically, I was wondering if you could comment on that? It's a bigger body than I was planning on, but the hands are gorgeous, and as it turns out, Smokey's head is so giant that he really needs wide, wide shoulders. Or else he looks like a bobble head :s

he's going to be photographed mostly with a DT18 girl, who is on the 'bulky' Dollstown scale. do you think the AS 74 body would look in proportion with her?

17. @Lirin

I don't own a Dollstown 18yrs girl body (69.6cm), but I do own a Dollstown 17yrs boy body (69cm). Here is my 75cm Angell Studio body (tan PygmalionDoll Robin/Angell Studio) next to my Dollstown 17 (Caramel Brown Honey skin Dollshe Arsene/Dollstown 17yrs boy/Dollshe 26F bust and feet).

[​IMG]

I think it looks pretty good, but the shoulder width may be different (15.5cm v. 13.5). I think it could work, especially if your girl is supposed to be younger or a bit short.

18. OMG>.... I received my first ever Angell Studio girl today ( tan Sherry) and I have to say I am totally in love!!!! The resin quality is so wonderful and her adorable little face and little teeth! She is beautiful blank... I have a vision of how I want her, but trying to get a slot with the specific artist may take me years..... ;/

[​IMG]