1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGELL STUDIO'S NEW Senior 71.5cm Dolls Gavin and Van

Jul 12, 2008

1. Do you mean the pictures of the pink skin body?That's another doll.Van is elf eared.

And to all the members who want japanese resin,we use french resin because it is better for people's healthy,french resin is expensive than japanese resin, but consider the quality we choose the expensive one to make dolls. And if you choose UV coat for your doll,it won't easily yellowed as the resin without UV coat, doll is a thing that need your love and care. And we just want to produce high quality doll with a better resin.

But still, if you stick to having japanese resin made doll, we may adjust our program to take japanese resin again. But man... japanese is really not as good as french resin....and i wonder what color a sun tanned skin would be after yellowed:sweat

2. All the questions have been replied on the website.

3. Ah, i do love gavin. Ill have to consider this, never thought id buy a french resin doll @_@

4. but japanese resin is not hard enough, if double jointed doll use japanese resin, the joints will easier broken than french resin one.

5. I always thought french resin was softer, i read somewhere that it was more easily scratched? Hmmmmm. I dont really know anything tho :sweat If i have the money i think ill be buying gavin anyway lol, im in love with that body. And his fangs

6. Anybody already knows how much they will be? ^^' Me. Wants. Gavin! :lol:

7. I'd like to know this too, and if a similarly tall girl body will be made

8. darn it, they're limited. Or at least Gavin is, according to one of the Q&A answers, which probably means he'll probably be more expensive than the others >__>...

there goes my hope in buying him, no moneys at the moment for me. :(

9. I have 3 French Resin dolls and so far only the light skin one which is pinky white in color has had a color change, but is not UV protected, my 2 tan skin dolls are no change that I can see, all made by famous BJD Korean companies.

10. hi zero, you said at the site, " Basic polishing for the body(polishing+UV Coat+three)" = means removing seamlines + the UV Coat? or you do "blushing" for the body without removing the seamlines >.<??

11. the body has been removing seamliness during the produce progress.So ,every body has no seamliness no matter wether you choose body blushing or not.

12. ooo... i wonder when are they going to be released and how much its gonna to cost >w<

13. could someone clarify what the issues are with the french resin? Does the colour go a bit strange then? absynthe xxx

14. Zero; is it just tanned skin Gavin that will be limited or is that the only colour you will cast him in?
      Also; do we have an expected date of release, and do Angell Studio take Layaway?

15. Absynthe - if you read the yellowing threads, french resin apparently tends to yellow faster, and possibly to a greater extent, than normal resin. Its kinda hard to judge tho, coz some people have french resin dolls and say theyve yellowed very little, and some people say their dolls got exposed to not very much sun and have gone very butter coloured O_o

Oh, and theres also a thread *somewhere* with a tanned french resin doll that got left in the sun and the exposed limbs went greenish. I cant remember details or what company tho, sorry :sweat

16. I was fortunate enough to be able to help at AS's booth at the Hong Kong DP. I got the chance to play with these newly released dolls! They were first released (sold) at the Hong Kong DP.

There were four of them, AS only showed three of them clothed though, the forth one was naked and was shown as a demo.

I played with the demo doll. He could stand very well and make a lot of poses. :) He had lots of muscles too! :fangirl:

I took some photos of them. Just before I share them ... is it allow to post photos at this part of the forum? Thanks. :)

17. sakurafubuki - im pretty sure youre allowed, and id love to see photos! (i feel like ive made too many posts on this thread already btw,i seem to be lurking on it :sweat)

18. Oh Gosh! Why must we all suffer? Gavin is sooooo beautiful! There's no way I'm going to be able to pay for any college at this point ;)

19. thank you for the clarification, Zero:)

20. gah i wonder when they would be out, so i can plan around it -.-