1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGELL STUDIO'S NEW Senior 71.5cm Dolls Gavin and Van

Jul 12, 2008

1. This is what Angel Studio told me about the resin
      "All dolls are french resin now,but the resin we use for SD is different from MSD. French resin for SD is more hard and thick it's a little like urethane resin."
      I will have the new dolls available on my site as soon as they are released.

2. I heard from Angell Studio today that they plan on releasing Gavin in a few days.

A little bit infuriating as it means I can't save, however I intend to call up my bank tomorrow and get my student overdraft extended. I know I shouldn't but the fact is, I am not missing out on another limited I have fallen in love with; as it isn't often it happens.

3. Ditto!!! because gavin and van are the last two i need (I think) before all the cast is gather.

4. Thank you, Zero! I've actually always wanted a French resin doll, they're so beautiful... Yellowing can be combated, it's worth it I think! And if you say it's better quality, I'll believe it. :) Better quality is always good! I'm so excited for these boys to be put on sale, and I really hope for more tans from Angell Studio in the future! That's a really pretty color, I like it a lot!

5. I want to have Gavin. I've ordered a doll last week and so I shouldn't spend so much money again, but he is so adorable.

6. Gavin and Van both are limited.And you can choose pink,white,butter and tanned skin for Gavin,but tanned skin is 30USD expensiver than other skin color.
      We are account the pirce of costume and accesseries.For we have lot of things these days, so i can't promise a data,but it will been two days later or so.
      We accept layaways,the first time you have to pay half of the total payment,but as the rate of USD and CNY is changing so fast,so the last part of your payment will not as the same as the oringinal one.
      Foe example:the total you should pay is 200USD.
      first time you pay 100USD to us.And at that time ,the currency rate is 1USD=6.81CNY,so the last payment is 681CNY.
      the second time ,if the rate is 1CNY=6.5USD, that's mean you have to pay 104.8USD to us.
      So,it is better for you remit the payment in one time.

The fast changing rate really make us lost many money:(

7. So if these bodies/dolls become regular dolls, they will not be available in urethane?

8. I've noticed something that has my curiosity piqued...On the two new boys...they have a seam/joint? in the middle of their upper thigh? What would be the purpose of such a joint if it is one? Normal humans don't twist (as it looks thats the only thing a joint like that could do...is twist) in that fashion...so i wonder what that is for? Or maybe its just a production seam? I'm not sure and i don't know if this is typical of Angell-Studio Dolls or not with other sized dolls. In any case...i'm curious/confused. :D

9. This was the best way I could think of to explain the thigh joint, hope it helps!

Auska

10. that make the doll better do amzing poses

11. If it is going well then maybe it's going into serial production, right? :sweat:)
      I hope so, that would really change my wishlist ;) Well, we will see, right?
      I especially like the nails on the tanned skin. They just look right^^

As for the slow loading of the site I guess it depends a lot on the time you are visiting. Sometimes it takes my computer 20 minutes to load even the first page and sometimes it's fully loaded in less than 5 seconds. In the evening in my timezone it's going quicker than in the morning or around lunchtime. I'm not that much common with the system but doesn't it depend on how many visitors are on at that time?

Laoky (who is going to visit the waiting room soon ^^)

12. I have placed my order on Gavin, however it is just going through as my Collection and not taking me any further or adding on the cost of shipping; also the site keeps messing up my address.

Are they still just on pre-order and this is why?
      Or is it something I am not doing correctly?

Edit; What does it mean with the option for 'lip holes' Is this the parted lips or something else?

13. also, whyis Gavin listed as "suntanned" yet we have to actually pay an extra $30 to have him suntanned- why isn't the suntanned the normal option? Bit confused about that really...?

14. alrightie! (waddle off to get Gavin)

15. >.> I just bought my boy. I think. That was SO confusing, but Gavin is coming home. I didn't click skin option at all, so I don't think you need to do that. Ear hole I think is earrings. And they seem to take a layaway. Half now, half in a month which is good cause he ended up being expensive with S&H costs in the end. *_* They also charge you some extra $34 CES invoice fee which came out of nowhere. I have no clue what that is...

16. :O......

Oh drat it, another minus...Oh well, Be sure to take a lot of photos when you boy arrives Ok?
      I'd love to see some owner photos. :)

17. same same O.o i selected tan skin just to be sure, since zero did say it would cost 30 more O.o

18. I'm asking them about the right total actually, I'll let you all know what AS says. ^^ Just to see a $88 + $34 plus the total kind of yeah *_* But I'm happy Gavin comes in other skin tones *picked snow for her vamp* :fangirl:

19. teehee, good thing we can fix it >.> but my boy isn't a creature, he's some sort of unknown crystal...litterly, deciding what is the key, i might do a new mixed breed of jade and some golden one. Is hunting for name and doing a mix :|

20. I ordered mine too tonight... and the shipping just didn't seem right... so I sent them an email asking them about it before I pay. Because it should be also included in their 20% off sale on shipping... it just sounded way to high!