1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelsdoll: 72cm doll discussion

Mar 2, 2010

1. Thanks, that's exactly what I meant with "finish" , not rough and no need of sanding.

Do you have a picture of your darling ? She must be gorgeous.

2. She does have visible seams, but seeing that she was dark tan, I was really pleased with how subtle they were. I have no hesitation recommending Angelsdoll, I think they deserve to be far more popular than they are - such wonderful dolls.

No very good pictures, I'm afraid! I'm a terrible photographer, I wash all the details right out, and she deosn't even have eyes that fit her yet (although my eyes order has finally been shipped!) What I have is here and here. But if you search for Angelsdoll on the forum, there's an NS Jin who is stunningly photographed.

I wish I could take pictures which showed off just how lovely mine is - I'd spam her everywhere. :)

3. Autumrain : Thanks, you are a good photographer , better than me anyways, hahahahaha

She is just beautiful !
      Yes, what a pity they are not more famous as I think Jin is really beautiful but not too crazy for the boy's body.
      I thought the doll would come with eyes ?
      Their site is a bit "vague" don't you think ?

4. I think they come with eyes normally - I bought her in a promotion that was basically buy a body at 20% off, get a free head (which worked out very well!) and I think that's the reason she didn't. The boy's body looks a bit lumpy to me, but I don't do boys at all. :) I do think Jin is beautiful, I love her. I definitely want more of their dolls in future.

The site used to have more info and pictures than it does now - very odd. But they answer questions very quickly.

5. I'm sorry to have to ask you this but did you have to pay a lot for Customs ?
      I'm here in Portugal and was wondering about this as I have never sent any Dolls out of Europe.
      I'm really hooked on her .

6. I didn't pay any Customs - they'd marked her down without asking (which I don't really approve of, but whatever) but still high enough to be charged Customs here, so I don't know what happened. I'd leave some money aside for Customs just in case - if it helps, the dolls were $350 until a week or so ago, so at current prices you're already $62 up! (And ooh, new resin colours, I didn't realise - I really like the look of "vivid". I'm doomed - I'll have to save for an Angela now.)

If you do get her, I can't wait to see pics.

7. AUTUMRAIN : Thanks for the info and Yeh, I better put money aside for Customs just in case. You must have been lucky that time
      which is great ! hahahahahah

I won't be sending for her yet because this year I have already sent for 2 dolls and one should be arriving around the middle of April but if the "yearning" gets too bad and I loose all of my good sense .......hahahahahah
      Please send some pics of your beauty so we can see more of her....toooooo beautiful that face !

8. hmm, has anyone bought Cian yet? I know since he just came out, then no one would probably have him yet, but just wondering if anyone purchased him.

9. I just discovered this company, by accident, in the news thread this week. I guess Angelsdoll is a pretty new company.

Wow! I really like Cian. He's got such gorgeous cheek-bones! I would love to see owner pictures of him! Has anyone bought this lovely guy?

10. Same here. I was totally thinking about getting him...actually I still want him. He just won't be my first though. :) I don't think anyone would have him yet, though, because I think they released him at the beginning of March.

11. Yeah, BirdyRaven, I think you are right. I checked the gallery, and no one has posted pictures of this gorgeous boy.

Oh well, pictures or not, I decided to take the plunge and ordered him! I just had to have him and those freakin' awesome cheekbones!! He's so unusual looking, and I love dolls that are not classically handsome. Cian reminds me of a Chinese actor I use to have a terrible crush on when I was a kid.

So, I will have pictures to post of this guy, hopefully soon!

12. I think they've been around a couple of years, but they are still relatively unknown. I don't understand it, really, as the sculpts are lovely, as is the quality, the prices are very reasonable and the new girl body is such an improvement on the old one. It can't even be anti-Chinese prejudice, as they're Korean. Maybe the sculpts are just too distinctive? But I they've won me over so much I'm all evangelical about preaching their virtues. :)

I don't really do boy dolls, but if I did, it would be Dan. I love his nose, and that body. But the pictures are weird - his head doesn't seem the same colour as his body. And the body looks very shiny, while my girl is completely matte - like his head. It's really odd. Maybe the body is an early one and the head is freshly cast after they changed their resins? But it's still strange, and spoils his beauty.

13. Autumnrain, I agree with you, Dan is a lovely boy. But the photos of him with his head not matching the color of his body is disconcerting. It would certainly put me off from buying him in a tan skin tone. Which is unfortunate because he looks gorgeous in tan!(Sadly, to post pictures of a doll looking like that makes the company look they don't have their act together. I wish they would re-do the photos of Dan.)

14. Yes, I agree with you. I fell in love with Jin the moment I saw her but reading some threads about the company and then seeing their site also made me feel a bit cautious. I would think they would check the photos they send out to the Market but it seems that other members say the quality is ok.
      Are the seams very bad ?

15. RE: Head colour not matching body...

I think this has a lot more to do with the faceup MSC (or other company) spray being used rather than the actual resin cast. It reminds me of some of the studio faceupped versions of Tanned Supia Rosy this year (post# 764-768):
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?92979-Supia-Tanned-Roda-Tanned-Rosy/page39

Considering that autumnrain's tanned Jin doesn't have any discernable difference between the head and body, I think it's just the faceup.

16. Well, Im not worried about the head and body not matching on the Cian I just ordered. I ordered him in Angelsdoll Normal, which looks kinda pinkish white. Im hoping it will be in the same color family as Dollzone's Normal Pink.

I understand what you are saying, Masala_chai_tea, but Im not questioning the cast of their resin. I think my real concern about the Dan photos is that Angelsdoll is a new company, and that they should be doing everything they can to win buyer confidence. Having pictures on your site of your products looking less than perfect is going to put people off. Their company would be better served if they re-did the Dan photos, is what Im suggesting. I love Angelsdoll sculpts, and would love to see them become more popular.

Im kinda sad they still don't have the old original boy body available for purchase. I liked those exaggerated muscles. (It reminded me of Bruce Lee. He was a skinny Asian guy, but he had killer muscles.) I think my Cian would have looked good in that body. But, the new body is nice, too.

17. I can't wait until you get him! I really want to see an owner pic of him. :)

18. Oh no worries, I wasn't directing it to anyone specifically. I was mentioning it as people had asked a few times in this thread and in his specific thread what was up with the color difference. I thought I would point it out for those with inquiring minds as it was an issue people were worried about with Supia's recent resin batch as well. :)

I loooooooved the original body body as well! I like thin and muscley because it's a good thing for variety...not every guy can acquire beefy muscles (much to the chagrin of some of my Asian cousins). ;)

19. Thanks BirdyRaven! I can't wait, either! (*is all excited*:D)

The folks at Angelsdoll are so nice! They answered all my questions about Cian immediately! They told me I am only the second person to purchase a Cian. Can you believe that? I know he isn't as generic-handsome as most dolls, but I think he has a great face! (I get tired of dolls all looking the same.)

I hope he comes soon! I will definitely post pictures of him when he arrives!

20. Don't worry, scrollbrush, I'd say the quality was excellent, not just okay. The resin is really lovely. And the seams are not at all bad - even on an NS doll they wouldn't be a problem, let alone on a tan doll. I do think Dan needs to be rephotographed, but actually I think their site pictures are very nice, and I have more problems with over-flattering photoshops.

I can't wiat to see Cian. It must be so discouraging, to bring out such lovely dolls and not have them sell!