1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelsdoll Discussion PART 6

Apr 14, 2017

1. [​IMG]will probably add a bit more blush to the nose and cheeks, maybe some contouring for those lovely cheekbones.

2. *swoons* Oh he is lovely!! I love this sculpt as a boy! I have one as a girl but I want another to be her twin.

3. Aw thank you Chalyss! This sculpt is equally beautiful as female. Would love to see how your girl looks!
      I hope to get a body for him someday, he is just a disembodied head right now. any reccomendations on what a good fit would be?

4. She needs a face up! *LOL* Well, I think the neck is fairly small- 9cm. I'd probably go with a Resin Soul Long body for him, which is inexpensive, nice and lanky, and poses well. Of course, depends on the size you want him. What height and aesthetic are you looking for? Lean or muscly?

5. Excellent reccomendation, its lanky and not too muscular, the price would be perfect for me. Thank you.

#25 DustinFlan, Nov 9, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    6. @DustinFlan he is lovely! You're making me want one now. ;)

7. I just remembered I have a Long body and a Lucia head. I could show this pairing though the Long body is in their baby blue color.

8. @Alewife do it! The head sold separately is so affordable

@chalyss that would be very helpful if you get the chance!

9. @DustinFlan I think I will! Angelsdoll's website photos never do justice to the sculpts IMO. I can see from your photo just how nice it is. :)

10. And here we go! I should have used a different wig though. The neck is a speck too big but should be fine. My Long had an ancient knot at the top so I need to restring as it was too large for the Lucia's neck hole. ...which is very small. :(
      [​IMG]Lucia head on Long body

She makes a very nice boy!

11. Wow thank you for testing this out for me Chalyss! It looks like a pretty good match in size... I think i might just purchase this body for my lucia boy. Gotta compare some resin colors now.

12. No problem at all! If you have the AD 'white' like I have, then Resin Soul's normal skin will match quite well! You can see the color of it in my flickr albums under the RS Yi tag. The Lucia head would look better and less long necked when properly on; this one was hovering.

13. After ages of owning an Angelsdoll Shakan I finally started customizing him. I'm really nervous about painting him so I am working on other things for now. I wonder if anyone else bought one of these boys?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, something strange happened to his resin color. He used to be a special tan-ish color but within a week of owning him, and of being exposed to artificial light he turned a sort of olive-ish tone. The parts not exposed to light turned bright pink. I may dismantle him and expose all his parts to light equally but I am curious if this happened to anyone else?

14. I haven't seen a Shakan in ages. He's gorgeous! Very strange about the two-tone resin though.

15. AH! One of the old sweeties! I have 2 Ivan heads, one Baku, 2 Iseuls (cat and human) and a Rin. But no Shakan!

Is that the oriental tone? My Rin is that, almost a sandy color. Super pretty but her face is greening. My Iseul cat head was their tan and turned mustard yellow, and when I went over my vivid skin Baku head with magic sponge to get off a face up, he turned totally that color you have. It's a chemical reaction- AD's old tans and semi-tans were really unstable and turned green quickly in certain lights. Their dark tan was more stable but still greens a bit. Sealant works wonders as does getting paint over it quickly to block the damaging effects of light. The older tans often have this problem. Here you can see Iseul's mustard yellow face:
      [​IMG]

Not sure about the two toned effect except that what was protected from the light reacted differently..? Wow, unstable resin.

16. Thank you!
      That's him in my icon, and his original color. I also noticed his pants (the set in my icon) changed his skin color to bright pink too so I took that off as well. After exposing his legs to light, they changed to match the rest of him. I am still debating if I want to go to the trouble of taking him apart to just get his joints to match the rest of him. I think it would only matter if I planned to sell him I guess.
      A shame though. I hope they've improved their recipe!

17. It looks like maybe vivid skin..? Sort of their version of Iplehouse special real skin or Resin Soul's coffee skin. That stuff greeeeeeeens so bad! Maybe a nice dye dip in ipoly could restore him. Or heavy blushing. I used acrylic paint to match my Iseul in mustard to her Twigling body.

The original Angelsdoll, the company that produced Shakan and Baku, has been defunct for almost 4 years now. Angelsdoll has reopened, but only half the partnership of the original exists. So all new sculpts and resins. They don't carry a color like that anymore but they do have a beautiful caramel tan, a darker tan, and a violet grey. Wait, I have a pic:
      [​IMG]

I also hope they have gone with more stable resin!

18. I'm curious about this company but the website looks a little bit dead, how to order?

19. email works well!

He's working on a 40cm version which should be out soon, but I don't collect that size. I don't think the old company had that size either, did they?