1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelsdoll Discussion PART 6

Apr 14, 2017

1. When they first went out of business, I panicked- I wanted a Sarah head SO BAD. I contacted them via email and I asked what happened. (I never did get the Sarah head although they told me I could... just never happened.) There was a partnership and they split. I have a suspicion, but can't be certain at all, that one half became Dollits. 5 years after Angelsdoll shut down, they reopened under the one, probably the one I was talking to before, and offering all new sculpts, just the old name. There's no getting back the old sculpts though I'd hoped one would have the heads and the other the bodies, but whatever happened, it left us all bereft. I really loved their sculpts!

2. Pic of new vs old:
      [​IMG]

3. Goodness, that's so strange to hear! I'm honestly surprised that things turned out as such. :huh?:

Huh, wow, that's quite a difference in bodies between the new and old! My Baku is on (what I recall?) the V.2 slim body? I love it, aside from the knees. They're very pointy, and look a little bit odd from certain angles. Still, the sculpting is beautiful, and I am very happy with him overall. He's been with me for so many years, I really wouldn't change anything about him. Granted, he desperately needs to be restrung, at the moment. I need to get myself in gear and actually put some supplies on order! I (unfortunately) have no extra elastic, at the moment. :doh Fail, self. LOL.

4. Baku spam!! :D:D

And all @chalyss 's gorgeous girls! I acquired Yul in a trade, but I have yet to give the poor girl a faceup. Your cute redhead will inspire me. :)

So what is Mr. Park up to, does anyone know? The website still seems to be live, but he hasn't posted any updates last time I checked.

5. Hi @Alewife!! Nice to see you! @Blankqueen has some gorgeous new Angelsdoll girls, too! Her Flora is amazing! Yul is just a sweetie pie, though.

Yes, he just revamped the girl body (with some ankle problems remaining, apparently) and now he will revamp the 70cm body to better match the 40cm body with its amazing poseability. He says it may take some time to complete. He also plans on bringing out static hands for the big guy. For now, it seems these are his biggest plans.

6. @Mekkisry Torsten is absolutely amazing! Love this sculpt.

7. I am just going to bounce around excitedly here for a moment. As my reward to myself for winning NaNoWriMo I ordered myself a Lucia head. My finger was hovering around the buy button while I was procrastinating but I was strict with myself and set the condition that I had to hit 50K before I was allowed to treat myself. It helped me get over the hump of that last couple of hundred words, lol!

I had the vaguest of vague ideas of a character I wanted to shell. I hadn't got anything in mind for him but thought I could use it as an excuse to get one of the many sculpts I'd been eyeing up and then develop the character from there. Cue lots of drooling. And lots of whispering "too big, too biiiig" at the screen as I fell in love over and over again with dolls with huge bonces who would not fit in well with my crew. I'd all but settled on an Impldoll Azalea to the point where I was considering emailing them to ask if they could do her with elf ears and add her to my current order with them. But somewhere along the line I stumbled on Lucia and those ears! Those cheekbones! And is that a hint of a smile? I plan on making her a guy and thank you @chalyss for putting the Resinsoul Long body out there as a possibilty - I'm hoping I can get away with a shorter body but it's nice to know there's an affordable option to fall back on. She does look like she could use a more imposing body than her 60cm default girl one but if I can keep it around 65cm I'll be happy.

So now I'm totally in love but have no idea how long a wait I have ahead of me. Anyone got any pic spam to help? Not just Lucia - the other heads look great too and I'm sure deserve more love!

8. YAY! Congrats on both!!!!! WOOT! I know someone has some amazing boy pic of a Lucia- he's almost as pretty as a Dia. Oh, search Toria Soll on flickr. INCREDIBLE Lucia boy! She used a Dollzone body but modded the ears.
      Romerich

Le Sacre du printemps (00)

Romerich (2)

I sold my heads but I definitely plan to get them again!

...Azalea HAS elf ears.... well, there are two versions. Human and elf. I have 4 elf eared heads. Oh want one?? (Seriously!)

#88 chalyss, Nov 30, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    9. Oh and AD spam!! Missy, yes, I do! Old and new!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

next to an elf-eared Azalea:
      [​IMG]

AD Evan next to an elf eared Azalea
      [​IMG]

New AD Yul modded and face upped by @AlisonVonderland :
      [​IMG]

Old AD 2nd gen massive body:
      [​IMG]

Old AD Ieseul head:
      [​IMG]

Old AD Ruby in grey on their old slim body:
      [​IMG]

old AD Ivan head in vivid skin:
      [​IMG]

Old AD Baku:
      [​IMG]

Old AD slim 70m body:
      [​IMG]

#89 chalyss, Nov 30, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    10. Oh wait! Some of these are really good comp pics. Here is old vs new AD:
      [​IMG]

Iseul human and cat/avatar heads:
      [​IMG]

Oh, Lucia head on old Soom body:
      [​IMG]

And my gorrrgeous dark tanned Hyang on Massive body gen 1:
      [​IMG]

Hope that sates you for awhile!

11. @chalyss Woot! You must surely have the most of this company of anyone out there!

12. *LOLOL* You've helped enable me. ;) for which I thank you!

13. Oh my, when I poked this thread with a stick I didn't know it'd be like hitting a piñata I'll have to gush properly later cos I'm almost out of lunch break. Don't lead me into temptation @chalyss - at least not this side of Christmas - let's have a chat on January are you going pro with your Flickr account because honestly it's the best picture reference site this side of DoA

14. @chalyss you have the mother lode of AD sculpts. :D

I really like Lucia as a boy. I have Yul on the 60cm girl body and feel that the head is a little too big.

15. *LOL* Sorry- I like collecting pics for reference. I use them a lot myself and they're soooo helpful! I feel the current 60cm girl body does not work well with the Lucia head. She (and her cheekbones that can cut glass) needs a taller, thinner body. The old Starwoman Impl body actually is the best match I have found. Their old Starman body would probably be a super good fit for the boy version and... I'll have to see if I ever checked that out before the heads were rehomed! The Soom Super Gem 65cm boy body is a smidge big, IMO, but YMMV.

I would love a few more of these guys! Like the massive boy body. Been wanting one for YEARS. I'd like a Sarah head. I'd like some boy head sculpts like Cyan and Michael. So I have a few to search out yet. Old AD was amazing.

Having said all that, I am leaning toward going Pro with flickr. I am sick of moving pics around and I find my pics as helpful as I hope others do, so... dug myself a grave there. ;)

@Alewife, Yul has a big head. *L* I asked Blankqueen to show me a comp between the Yul and Flora and it was surprising! Flora is tiny! Yul is a great sculpt though, so making her a boy (who is a girl playing a boy) worked well for the size thing. Yeah, that AD 60cm girl body is SMALL. I have some comp pics!
      It's very close to an NYid body, but more natural looking and less 'shaped', if that makes sense. I really love it, it's just... small!
      [​IMG]

16. @chalyss don't say sorry - it's awesome! It's helped me out plenty of times! It's almost hilarious that whenever I run an image search to do some research your pictures come up and a lot of the time there will be a comparison pic with a doll or body I own right there XD Pondering whether or not that Angelsdoll head will look too big with my tiny Iris? Considering the possibility of an Azalea? Well, here's a pic of Iris with the two of them! You're like my bjd fairy godmother!

I do really like the 60cm body - it's lovely and curvy - but yes, the Lucia head doesn't suit it. This is why I love hybrids, as frustrating as they can be sometimes! Reading through the thread it sounds like they're good bodies posing-wise too...

Oh I saw the Toria Soll pic and I wasn't sure it was a Lucia - she's so stunning as a he. Oh and your picture on the Soom body with the long wig *melts* I think his similarity to Dia is one of the things that attracted me - I love Soom dolls but I've kind of given up on ever owning one. For the same reason I'm trying not to get too attached to any of the older sculpts - I don't want a grail I'll never find, lol!

17. @rubydoll but the grail searches are the most fun. ;)

I like the 60cm body and I like the Yul head, but not together. I need to try her head on a few taller bodies.

18. Hahaha, it just seems a bit too much like unrequited love to me! Pining for something I might never have - although chasing after a doll I can't find might be kinder to my bank balance XD

It looks like there's a lot of variation between the sizes of their heads - hybridisation does seem like the way to go :3nodding:

19. They hybrid well. I really wanna get my hands on a massive boy body... I've wanted one for years. So few of them for sale though.

20. You know you're truly in this hobby when someone says
      and it doesn't immediately occur to you how funny that sounds XD

I've been looking at a 5Stardoll body for my Lucia but it's tricky - ideally I'd like to have the head before investing in a body but I don't know how long it's going to take and I really want to get it ordered before the pound is worth less than a dollar :(