1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angodoll

Sep 15, 2017

1. Hi there!
      I'm really in love with the sculpt of Oyster (also known as Muli) and she (yes, I want her as a girl) looks like one of my characters. So I want to order her head, but I'm still not sure what skintone do I want because I can't figure out their actual colors. Do they look like UniverseDoll skintones? Or maybe there are some differences?

#21 Litchi, Dec 14, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    2. I just discovered this company poking around on Taobao, and I instantly fell in love with the "little girl" head (Is that really just the name? "Little girl"?)

It's a little difficult to tell just how big it is... seems a little small for an "sd" size doll. Or maybe the neckhole is just small? I want to make it a boy when I get it, so hybriding might be interesting.

I'm planning to just buy it straight from Taobao... am I correct in thinking the wait time is probably around 2-3 months? Or has that increased?

3. Well shit. I guess I missed some posts here.

@Litchi
      I don't know if the UniverseDoll and AngoDoll resins are the same. They used to (before UniverseDoll had an Etsy, which is now defunct), but then UniverseDoll narrowed their resin selection and renamed their white resin colors. I don't really know anymore.

@0bsequi0us
      The wait time off of Taobao was one month for me in January 2018 and two months for me in September 2018. Angodoll is relatively fast for a BJD company.

AngoDoll Little Girl is an SD head on an MSD body.

I only own the body, but here is it compared to some SDs and MSDs
      [​IMG]

4. @americanseamstress Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear the wait time is reasonable.

As for the size I was hoping to hybrid it to a 60cm boy body... but I guess I'll figure out how/if it looks on SD bodies when I get it. If worst comes to worst I'm sure it will also look fine on other big baby style bodies.

5. @0bsequi0us

I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked, but you may need to make the neck hole wider.

Maybe @EchoUndine here on DoA who owns the full doll could help you

6. Hey, is Noah new? He's a cutie pie, and I feel like he wasn't there a week ago when I ordered my head (which has already shipped, miraculously)

7. .......I don't need a new head but Noah is so endearing.

8. And how is it with their resin colours? I like one of Musen's heads, but I'm not sure for what colour should I go for (what would be easiest to hybridize, that's it :) )

9. @werelyan

AngoDoll white skin (pinky normal skin; resin color name according to Google Translate via Taobao) is pinkish and matches Dollshe Fresh. However, AngoDoll used to use UniverseDoll/Musen Musen resin colors, which have a “Snow White” (paper white) and a “Milk White” (light pink-orange normal skin).

By the time I ordered my Hazel head, I can only conclude that UniverseDoll/Musen Musen and AngoDoll had parted ways in terms of resin casters as my “White Skin” AngoDoll head did not match my older “Milk White” parts nor the “Snow White” Musen Musen hands ordered at the same time.

I cannot show you a comparison of all three since I dyed my Milk White and Snow White resins. However, I include this information to underline how important it is to be precise with your resin color names while ordering and perhaps to ask if they are using the UniverseDoll caster.

10. New 1/3 gal released? Not much size information and no blank images of her sculpt yet...
      (let me know if I'm being annoying by doing this, I just like keeping up with this company lol)

11. Does anyone own one of the tall boy bodies? I’m eyeing the 68cm one. I love the thicker waist and chunkier proportions. I need some contrast to my lanksters :sweat

12. Just when I was ready to commit myself to the 68cm male body, it seems Ango doll is nowhere to be found. Their taobao is almost empty, their Weibo mostly inactive…

13. @Sillypeach thats awesome thanks so much! I guess they’re like akagi, they also don’t have their own taobao page

14. Have they stopped selling the Little girl / Xiaoya sculpt? I really love that one, waited too long and now I can't find it anywhere. :doh

15. @junipa She's still available in their Taobao store... I know they consolidated some of their listings recently so maybe international dealers are just a little behind on updating things?

16. I had no idea there was an Ango Doll discussion thread! About 3 or 4 years ago, I added an Ango Doll Noah to my collection. He's on Akagidoll 66cm body and while the proportions are great, the neck fit is pretty terrible. I have to make a neck donut for him at some point. :XD:

He's a favorite in my modestly-sized collection for sure.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Tags: