1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Dolls?

Apr 13, 2020

1. I also have an off topic dog. He is in my profile picture. He can hold poses very well and he is made as a memorial doll of my beloved dog. The cost was, with customs, the same as my real dog, but worth every cent of it!

I also have a little fox which I'm making into a Tanuki. He has fewer articulations (his back legs are one piece and no joints), but I love him to bits! There's a picture of him on my instagram @furandresin

If I had more money and space, I would add more animal BJD to my collection. I simply love them and less work then BJD because I don't need to make them outfits

I would love to have a dragon or a piglet or even something crazy like a giraffe or elephant. If only more animal BJD were made!

2. I adore dog dolls! I bought one of Dearmine's off topic corgis and loved it so much that I ordered two more. (I started crying when I unboxed her because I'm just That Weak For Dogs And Dog Shaped Things.)

There are other dogs I'd like to get at some point, both on and off topic, but I'll definitely indulge in them less often than I do humanoid dolls. I love them and I love posing them with my human dolls but there's not as much to be done for them in terms of customization, especially since I'm not equipped to do face-ups.

In a perfect world I'd have an English bulldog, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but that's one genre of squish-face dog doll I've yet to see anywhere. :sigh

3. I have had a few, and while they are cute, they really aren't for me. The money I spent on them could have been used towards another doll, and I would rather have another doll over an animal, especially at the price a lot of them sell for.

4. I bought a bunny from Dollzone in 2007, back then there wasn't so much variety in petdolls. She's adorable :kitty2

5. Creepy or cute? I've seen one animal bjd that I thought was really cute. Others seem a little out there, while some strike me as "wow, I never thought about that before." What has your opinion and experience been?

6. Personally I think they are adorable and love looking at other collectors animal dolls. But also on the flip side I wouldn't get one myself. It's a personal choice and I don't know if they would fit into my current theme and collection. But who knows. Maybe one will catch my eye soon and I'll bite the bullet.

7. I am currently watching for and hoping to find some for sale.

8. I'd like to see more of them around and more variety of them, I think they look quite fun! Given the complexity of stringing and engineering, I also think they're worth the price. Would I consider buying one, though? Not really. I'm not big on props and they are not customisable enough for me to substitute for a whole doll, so I'd be too confused about what to do with them, I think. However, I'm definitely up to changing my mind if something that clicks pops up because I really love dogs:sweat

9. I have an anthro Fenny the station master zuzu delf from Luts its a very cute doll but I don't have any 100% animal dolls , I saw some dragons that were cool though online but I don't plan to buy any still I like to see photos of them!!!!

10. I have always wanted an Iplehouse animal bjd. They are so well sculpted and beautiful, maybe someday. :XD:

11. I wouldn't mind actual animal BJDs. I like seeing actual animals as BJDs because it gives me an idea of how complex BJDs can really get. I think my favorite kind of animal BJDs at the moment are horses because I have a unicorn character that I wish to turn into a physical BJD. I also like how realistic animal BJDs can be sometimes. It makes me smile.