1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Styled Dolls Discussion

Jun 3, 2018

1. I know the concern that one sculpt will not fit in with the rest of the dolls. I have both stylized, anthro and realistic dolls. But what I use to do is that I divide them into groups that fit together. On my empty work desk I have my realistic sculpts together. On the shelves above them are my stylized dolls such as Dream of Doll and Luts sculpts. And a shelf where I currently have one custom Blythe. On that shelf I plan to have Blythes, Baby Delfs and my Anime styld ones. On a shelf above my bed I have my Luts anthros and centaurs.

You just have to find ways to divide your dolls around the room where you keep them if it bothers you to mix anime styled dolls with your other dolls :)

@Chehime Your Chanchu is adorable! I love anime styled dolls that have open mouths. It's sad that 2D Doll have discontinued so many sculpts with open mouths. I think they're the coolest ones!

#21 manabusama, Jun 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    2. That's definitely what I plan to do when I do finally take the plunge and go for one! :) I just have a few others that are a higher priority to get first, but I do hope to add at least one to the collection someday!

3. Hehe I've been wanting to add a few to my collection since before the anime Kid Delfs were released. But it's really difficult to see releases like the new Luts Model Delf centaur. Things like that have gotten in my way so many times before. I just keep imagining that Model Delf centaur with a handsome anime styled head sculpt. But I have to let go of that thought! I've spent money on 2 SD boys and one MSD girl, so I feel that spending money on a Model Delf centaur is a bad idea right now. I also feel that DZ MiYou should be my first priority!

But hopefully there'll be more Model Delf centaur releases in the future. It would have been cool to have an anime styled centaur :)

4. I have a Dollzone mirai, and she is hands down the most gorgeous doll I have ever seen... so much so, she is turning me off my realistic dolls! Her body is so delicate and beautifully sculpted with the most gorgeous details; especially in the hands and feet! I am now planning out to get her sister, Yui. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful resin anime dolls I have ever seen<3

5. I haven't really considered getting one yet myself (mostly because I feel like I won't be able to do them justice) but I have seen so many amazingly creative takes on the "anime" style sculpts and they're some of my faves to look at. :chibi My favorite part is often the decorative, stylistic eyes.

I don't like the vanilla DD styled ones though- that type of bland visual novel style isn't any more inspiring to me in 3D than it is in Illustrations.

6. I see everybody mentioning Miyou, where’s the love for Keai?:XD: That’s the one that got me to purchase a 1/6 size doll for the first time!

7. Keai is real cute as well, but for me it's the kitsunemimi ears, tail, and that sadish facial expression that sold me.

Saving up BJD funds have been going real slow for quite a while now. Other non-BJD related stuff have gotten in the way. And I also prefer to save up and pay in full, so I haven't been able to order Miyou yet. But there's a new girl, maybe older sister of Miyou :kitty2

[​IMG]dz_mili_08 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

Mili, 43cm Doll Zone Girl - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections

The only thing I don't like is that she got pointy ears and not round human ears like Miyou. If they're going to be family I rather she have round ears. I'm a bit picky when it comes to family having to look like they come from the same species :sweat

But I guess her ears can easilly be fixed by sanding them down a bit.

#27 manabusama, Nov 9, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    8. Anime styled BJD is generally referred as dollfie right?

9. Seems I'll be getting a dollfie dream near the end of the month. Giving the anime face another try!

Dollfie is actually a volks term for a some of their dolls, but then again so are the terms yosd, msd, and sd but those are now a universal term for specific scales.

10. I don't think there is a specific term that'd be exclusive to anime-only style dolls. Not that it'd make much sense to make one, as there is so much stylistic difference between different anime anyway.

11. Hi all!

Firstly, I'm new to strung BJD, so please be gentle with me. *_* I've found that some very popular dolls that fall into this category have internal skeletons instead of internal stringing which makes them off topic for DoA, but it can be hard to determine if a doll is strung or not from online pictures and the maker doesn't always make it clear either. Any tips with identifying these things would be appreciated.

I consider consider "anime style" to be large eyes and more minimal detail with makeup, facial feature definition, and a lot seem to have painted-on eyelashes by default. As others have said previously in this thread, these anime style dolls don't quite mesh visually with more realistic dolls, so it's awesome to have a discussion about those that fit in with this category.

Companies with lots of anime style BJD:

Some super cute anime styIe dollies I found during the my recent searching:

(58+ cm)

(40-45 cm)

And to wrap this up, here is a picture of Miren by 2D Dolls that I finally ordered this weekend! :love

[​IMG]

#31 cabanaeclipse, May 3, 2020
      Last edited: May 4, 2020
    12. Finally I did it! I've been wanting an anime styled doll since Luts released their MSD sized ones. But it took me this long to go ahead and do any order :sweat

Owning an anime styled doll would be a whole new chapter in my doll hobby so I wanted the doll I choose to be special to me. However I went with a Pure Nemo sculpt that seem to have obitsu eyes instead of painted eyes.

I guess this doll is off-topic here on DOA, but at least I finally got started. Now I just hope I did order her in time since AmiAmi's pre'orders is "a first come, first served basis" only.

But I think TDF Simba will be my next one to get, or a 2D sculpt.

13. I'd totally forgotten that this thread was a thing... I did finally take the plunge myself, and not for the doll I mentioned previously; I snagged a layaway for a Shoushou Niko shortly before she was discontinued, and I'm very much looking forward to getting her! I don't know if I'll get another one, but with my tendency to not have just a single doll in a set, there's a good chance I'll find another...

14. I've realized I probably will end up with anime styled dolls of different materials and brands. Currently I'm obsessing over the 40cm Parabox bodies, and the anime faces are too cute :chibi

15. I am loving that more companies are offering anime style sculpts! I could definitely see myself getting more.

Here's a pic of my Aimerai Petite Asuka

[​IMG]

16. I love anime since I was born, and still now collect a lot of it and toys as well as Japanese video games and related figures/toys in the anime aesthetic. My first "BJD" is a now retired Volks DDI, with the DD-H01 head sculpt. I still own her and also own a DIM Minimee head sculpt based on Lelouch from Code Geass. I never had plans to get him a body, but I kind of regret it now, because the one that kind of seems like a good match for the aesthetics he has in the anime is the one he shares, which he can't have permanently because it belongs to my most favorite BJD. I don't have plans to own anymore BJD, but I do own a few Pure Neemo dolls, Azone Asterisk and some Volks and a few Obitsu floating heads. If I ever come across mature male BJD, that are anime in style, I might be tempted to get some, but I highly doubt that'll be a thing (mature male dolls are rare, more so anime ones).

My Volks DDI and my DIM Minimee Lelouch:
      [​IMG]

Edit, I meant mature tiny males are rare.

17. They look really amazing, I feel a bit jealous now XD Finding MSD boy sculpts though that look more boyish and masculine like your boy there, have been a bit difficult. Many boy face sculpts I've found are not much more different than any girl face sculpts.

Maybe I should keep a closer eye on Volks's site. But I don't understand japanese so ordering would become a problem. And I have no idea if Volks America have international shipping.

@Anglerfishee She looks adorable :3nodding: I used to not like so much anime styled dolls that do not have a sculpted mouth. But that have changed a bit since after I ordered my Pure Nemo.

#37 manabusama, Dec 28, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    18. @manabusama, I agree, it is hard finding mature looking male anime head sculpts! Even outside of BJD, it's not easy finding them, in dolls at least -- there are a few now when it comes to scale figures, but not too many dolls sadly. That's why I only own one, and I'll probably never own more, because most do tend to look just like female anime heads painted to look male. Which is really cute for child or teens, but I mostly collect mature males. If you don't mind the (relatively) super expensive shipping, you can order from Volks Japanese website, in English -- there's a maroon colored button at the top right corner where you can pick from a few languages. (:

19. I am waiting for my new customized head of tinyfox. MDD customized head just too expensive, and I think tinyfox is really good though and they have different colors and models. (Tinyfox is 17-19cm head with 1/6 body. )

20. Luckily I do have lots of time to find a sculpt that I like. Currently I've really been wanting a Parabox 50cm boy and a 40cm girl pair. Not as a couple but like a set of some kind, two that goes well together.

For the boy I want one of these. [PARABOX NETSHOP] He look a bit more male like at least. But I have not figured out which girl face sculpt to go for yet.

It seems like I'm going for softer materials than resin when I'm doing my anime doll orders. I always imagined that I would get a resin anime styled doll first from either Luts or 2D Doll. I know I'll definitely get one from Luts though. They may not have my favourite MSD face sculpts, but I can get a really dark tanned skin tone.

Do you have a link to where I can check out tinyfox sculpts?

#40 manabusama, Dec 29, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2020