1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Artist Using Doll Likenesses Without Crediting?

Mar 5, 2014

1. Already reported, Ashbet. I had a whole email full of direct links to his pirated Disney stuff.

2. Sorry late response, forgot to check back for replies and yes I'm positive.
      Cancelled by the creator on March 6th.
      I refreshed or clicked a link and clicked back and it updated as such.

Here you are:

[​IMG]

3. Well would you look at that. It's good he is still getting nailed for IP after the fact, though!

4. Pfft. A little too late to cover his tracks now. Even if he takes all those pics down, they'll probably still be floating around the net in archives and such.

5. Huh... I can't say why you're seeing that, but this is what I see:
      [​IMG]
      ip-dispute by vicemage, on Flickr
      (I took the cap in IE because I never use it, thus, it lacks the cache the other browsers have.) The page you have looks to be a cached version or a version linked through from another service; you've got information on the caching at the top of the screenshot. Based on what I see... he's still going to get nailed on this.

6. I got to that page by clicking on one of the cache links in this thread. Why anyone else was unable to see it, no idea.
      I'm trying to go through the process I did before, but so far no luck. I was able to see it on two separate days, using the same browser as always.

7. Okay, I'm Robert Rumery. I worked with The Theif as you call him, if I had known all the material in The Grove was stolen I would have stopped it right away, I know nothing about art or filters or whatever. To me all his "Art" looked like water paintings, it saddens me to know all the work I put into The Grove was for nothing. For a good amount of 2013, I worked on just the grove writing scripts and such. It sickens me that this has happened, sickens me that my names attached to that comic book. Not even a comic book, its a bunch of stolen images put inside a 'book'

8. themightycro, I'm so sorry you got tangled up with this guy. I certainly wouldn't wish involvement with him on anyone, and definitely don't blame you for any of it.

9. Yeah, I'm too trusting.. <+<

10. Hi Robert, sorry you got mixed up in this. I would not have recognized The Grove art either. :(

11. Screwed up thing is, I did all the social media stuff. Wrote all the updates, also I did footwork. Got the comic in stores in my area, I never even got paid what I did! Which was fine. I'm a writer, i don't really need to get paid to write. I just do it to help other people out.

12. Robert, I am so very, very sorry that this happened to you. It is so hard for young writers to break in, and to not only have your name linked to this, but to essentially have your work stolen is heartbreaking.

13. Robert, it's a heinous mess and you are entirely innocent. The doll community expressed concerned for you so know we care about you.

Welcome to Den of Angels! Now you can meet the talented people who took the beautiful photos that inspired your writing!

14. I was just worried about my good name being tarnished because of this. I didn't want people seeing my name connected with this and than them thinking 'oh he was connected with that person, i don't want to buy this new book he wrote.' and i thank you guys for the support. :)

15. It is a terrible thing that this person has done as it sounds like he has conned many trusting people. I just hope that through all of this he has learned his lesson and will no longer claim other peoples art as his own. I feel sorry for the people whose work was stolen as well as those who put in their time and/or money to back him thinking he was a legitimate artist.

16. I agree, I'm more cautious who I work with now. You know when I heard "Dolls" I thought the old Dollwizard.com, it was a place where you could make like people.. like character creators, like hero machine!

17. good to see you Robert (aka themightycro) I was afraid MCN had stolen your work for his kickstarter too! It must be very disappointing for you - I'm sorry you were also taken advantage of by this guy, and I hope you get a lucky break with your writing ASAP :)

18. Its crazy. It's all good in the hood as they say.

19. I don't think anyone would assume you were in on this. I'm so sorry you got tangled up in this whole mess! It's bad enough that MCN stole all his "art", but to take advantage of people like he did with you is just as bad in my book.

Either way, welcome to the forum! :daisy

20. themightycro: my security software would not let me access 'dollwizard.com' . :( Is it something doll people would like?

Welcome to the forum! &#9829; visit the galleries. admire the pictures. enjoy the dolls and the people. lots of story telling peeps around and writers. 'you' finding 'us' might be the silver lining in the cloud.