1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Artist Using Doll Likenesses Without Crediting?

Mar 5, 2014

1. Dollwizard was a dollmaker site

2. like a 3D 'character' image maker you mean? when I tried it all I got was a video player thing that kept showing adds for ... everything... including games and 'Smokey the Bear, fire prevention adds.... O_o

3. It was at one time, it was taken down a while ago. That's how I made my characters through dollmakers or character genrators. I ish only a writer, I can not draw a straight line to save my life! LOL

4. Oh no worries there, man, we know you had no idea. And you have a whole community willing to back you up. You're as much an innocent party in this mess as those who had their photographs stolen and used.

5. I don't think anyone here is into witch-hunting innocent people. We all appreciate artists and are concerned with things that hurt artists (and I'm including writers and designers and all creative people). Guilt by association is not good, and I'm sure no one's going to blame anyone but the one guy who is illegally using other people's work.

Very cool that you have come here to see what we are about here, themightycro. There are lots of artists and writers and other creative types here. I don't think you need to worry that we'd in any way blame you for what someone else did.

Good luck with the writing!

6. Yeah. If he had continued the comic book we had wrote together, i would have been pissed 'cause i had made two characters specially for the book and if he wrote those characters id be pissed.. nothing i could do about it though, there is no way for me to prove i created the characters.

7. And unofficial way of proving having written something or drawn it... is what a song writter friend of mine did... she would write something then 'mail it to herself' the post mark is the time proof... Just remember not to 'open' it then file it somewhere as a time stamped copy. if some issue comes up where you need proof as to when... that is when you provide the unopened 'letter' as proof to what ever legal ppl you are dealing with. Just remember to not open it unless required to for legal reasons AND lable the letter so you know what the contents are without needing to open them ;p... cheap easy but effective proof ^^

8. eh, it is what it is. LOL but i knew about that kinda too lazy to do that.

9. Actually, if you wrote it on a computer, the time-stamping is now considered legal proof.

10. everyone should definitely go report the kickstarter page...this is messed up!

11. Please take the time to read a bit of the thread... only copyright holders were able to report the campaign, which has been down now for some time.

However, it seems he's done the "cover art" for a CD recently, which may be another theft... he just doesn't stop. :sigh He's "drawing" another "comic," as well, that looks like it's appropriated line art. As expected, he's learned nothing from this experience.

12. =A= If any one sees him in real life, please smack him upside the head.

(I'm only half kidding, but only if your in like disguise so he can't report you to the cops)

13. Wait, he's really still going with more of this? I was hoping for an update, but not that he was just going about doing the same thing... I hope nobody else gets into trouble as a result of his doings.

14. Some people just don't get it. MCN doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd actually learn much of this whole mess, from what I've seen / read of him so far.
      I've been keeping an eye on his other dA account that we know and there's been nothing "new" yet ... then again, he knows we know about that one. If he created another dA account, I haven't found it yet.

15. Wow! Seriously?! One can hope he's actually creating his own art, but somehow I doubt it. (Sigh)

16. Do we have any links/images of the cover art for the CD? Someone might recognize it, and be able to notify the original artist if it is another piece of stolen work.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

17. I went to grab it, and apparently he's gone back to a public timeline again. He's got tons of (clip)"art" for his "comic," but I can't find the CD cover now (and I've forgotten the name of the band).

Just to prove he will NEVER get it, though, here's a recent status update of his (emphasis mine):

Or in other words, he's defending himself because he's "flawed but everyone is." Just... ugh, no, you do not get to excuse what you've done.

18. Y'know what...Is there any way to contact this jackasses wife?

I mean heaven hath no fury like a woman's scorn...Could tell her there's possibility someone's gonna sue him for what he's doing and it'll make her look bad if he keeps doing this..I doubt she'll want her son's future marred as The Son of the World's Most Annoying Art Thief.

19. If I had any idea where he lived, I'd write to him and ask how he would feel if someone started selling altered photographs of his son. He may think it's no big deal to alter our photos because they're "just dolls" and not real people with real feelings or real lawyers, but for many of us, these dolls are like our family. Even though our dolls can't defend themselves from misuse by this thief, it could also be argued that his own son doesn't have the agency to defend himself from misrepresentation, hypothetically, since he's not old enough to make legal decisions. To many of us, our dolls are like our children, and if I were a parent of a flesh-and-blood child, I would be heartbroken and furious if someone were using my child to misrepresent a product, deceive people, and profit from it.

20. Here is a link to the band's ReverbNation page: http://www.reverbnation.com/daemonchili

The CD cover is the main image there on the page...some kind of dragon-like thing. I browsed around and also did a reverse image look-up through google and couldn't find anything that looked like it, so I'm not sure whose it really is. :/