1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Artist Using Doll Likenesses Without Crediting?

Mar 5, 2014

1. I find it amusing that he's using his wife and son as a defense. He may not end up in jail because of his crimes, but he can certainly ruin his family financially.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

2. Wow, he really slipped up there, admitting something like that. I don't think he could find a lower road to take than the one he's on.

But this has me thinking, if he could get funding for his poorly executed thievery I could easily see a market for a legitimate book. If he can't be shut down maybe he can be drowned out by the real deal. ;)

3. I commented on their site and advised them to check where that picture came from and relayed the info.

4. I think it looks a bit like Charizard or some other Pokémon.

5. As a graphic design student, one of the things we learned is that typefaces or fonts, are also subject to copyright laws. The font he used in the cover art, Chiller Std is a commercial font from a website, fonts.com. After identifying the typeface he used, I sent them an email letting them know that their font had been used in a commercial image and he has been found to have stolen images in the past, so he may have stolen the font as well. If he did use the font without owning a license to do so, that will be one more nail in his coffin.

6. wow. People truly are terrible at times ;.; Can't even make his own font for his project?

7. Well, fonts are hard to design, but you gotta make sure the ones you use are free to use commercially or pay for the license.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

8. I've been wondering about the situation. Any updates? Have there been any more responses from the companies who were contacted? Have any more infractions been discovered/reported?

9. I haven't heard anything. Checking out his fb right now, it looks like he's still posting his "art."

10. Its kinda sad That the world is coming down to these kinds of things. I guess most people want the here and now, but arent willing to work for it.

11. I noticed the continued "art" posting as well... however at this point the ones I've seen are so far fudged that they're nigh unrecognizable...

12. This is such a shame to the actual art community. I use my dolls as models but I draw my own stuff at least. Why do people think no one will notice they're using stock photos or ones from DA? I know we're a small community but we're not nonexistent.

13. There's something left though... I've been reading this thread because it's an interesting real life example of what's going on with copyright issues. I'm an artist, too, and am always focusing on faces. On his Photo page, if you scroll down a little, there are a couple of pictures with the perspective of him looking down into the camera. I feel that's the true nature of the guy who been doing these things. I suppose I'm being a mite personal, but then again he's posted the photos in the FB domain, which is relatively public.;) You know that old superstition we've all heard some aboriginal tribes have had, about a camera capturing your soul? Well, sometimes it can, which is why I don't put pics of me or mine up on the net. My soul is my business.:)

14. As an artist, crap like this just makes me sick. This is such a difficult field, and to see someone taking others' original pieces, putting a crappy photoshop filter over it, and passing it off as their own to make a PROFIT??? Disgusting to the MAX. I'm so glad people were able to claim their original pieces and bring light to this issue. This man (if he can even be called that) is a liar and a cheat! He deserves everything he gets (and may have gotten already). My condolences to the people he blatantly ripped off. Totally ridiculous! :x

15. It's pretty clear that he's never going to be able to run a Kickstarter again, because they blacklist copyright violators. Disney et. al. will be watching his FB page and anything else he puts up (Like DA) like cats at a mousehole.

I guess he had better get used to asking "Would you like fries with that?"