1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Another You"

Aug 16, 2010

1. None of them are 'me' but they so have parts of me in them, or parts of my friends and family. They have their own characters but a small part of each of them is complied for people I know, or myself.

2. I am modding a head I have into a self-portrait. It will probably never be a full doll, but I wanted to see what I look like in BJD style, and I consider this just another medium for art, so I'm giving it a shot. There aren't any sculpts that look like me, so I'm just giving this head a drastic workover to become a BJD version of me. I'm also going to make a base bust stand for it.

3. No, not precisely... There'd never be a doll that looks like me, so... I would get dolls that represented beloved RP characters or parts of my personality, or characters based on myself... but I wouldn't get a doll that WAS me.

However, if I ever had a lot of money to do so, I might buy my mom a tiny that resembled my childhood pictures (my sister pointed out that Ante looks like a very stylized version of me-when-I-was-little)... put it in the right colour wig and eyes and an outfit like I'd have worn. I wouldn't need a Me-doll for me, though.

4. I've never really thought about this... It might be cool? I know that I will incorporate a lot of my personalty into dolls but I don't know how to feel about the looks too. It would remind me too much of that movie Coraline with her freaky little voodoo doll and that show scares the poop out of me.

5. All of my doll ideas are basically extensions of me. Sometimes I can't express myself they way I want to in real life and with a doll, I'm able to express that without judgement. I don't want my dolls to look like me, just be an extension of myself is good enough.

6. That's why I want to BJD so badly! I essentially want a mini me to dress up and carry on adventures I am too shy to ever really have. If that makes sense. ^_^

7. I don't want any doll that looks like me. To me its just weird. I wouldn't be comfortable having that doll around

8. I actually have a doll that looks like me ~ she's a supia Lana and I really want to buy her! I wanna dress her up like how I would so it would be like the mini me!!! It'll be awesome to have another me!

9. My doll is some kind of mini me, uses casual clothes like me and have the hair color that I normally use, however the eye color is different (gray) because I wish I had gray eyes.

10. I would not want to try to make a doll that looks like me. Some people are doing that with the new 3D printing technology though and I have seen pictures and they are kinda weird looking! That being said all my dolls have a part of me in them, some more so than others. Some things I am able to express through my dolls that I have not expressed in real life as well as OCs who are obviously a part of me as my mind created them. Some of my dolls dress the way I do and some wear outfit I would love to get away with. So i suppose you could say they are more likse an extension of me than a replica if that makes sense:)

11. No. No... Nope. That would freak me out way too much. I mean, I do get dolls to make them into my characters. That's another reason, but really, I couldn't because that seems a bit horror movie-y to me.

12. I like to write and so I shy away from anything that could be considered "mary sue-ing". In other words blantantly insering yourself in a character. There is enough to have me around, I don't need a doll version. Ew :P

13. Part of the interest for me is that they are not me though bits of my personality filter in. That allows them to "choose" their path individually and not be constrained by me.

14. Eh, no. I don't really like myself all that much, it'd be weird to have a doll that's supposed to be me. I use BJD as an escape from my reality, and having a doll that was "me" would ruin that illusion for me. Kinda sad, I know. :sweat