1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any dolls you LOVE but don't see yourself ever buying?

Jul 16, 2020

1. Oh god, yeah. Those DV wolves are to DIE for. But in reality, i don't see myself ever getting any centaur dolls. I'm not sure why, it might just be the size, or the fact that you can only dress them from the waist up. WHo knows, though! Maybe i'll change my mind one day and get a taur

2. Welp, I told myself I'd never get a minifee but now I have two. So for now I'm just admiring the littlefee's from afar. I don't want to go smaller than MSD sized. But those littlefee Ante's are sooo cute.

3. For me, it's the bjds than are bigger than 60cm.
      I mostly have MSD dolls in my collection, so really big dolls wouldn't fit.
      Even if some are absolutely beautiful, I just admire them from far away. :XD:

4. All Peakswoods dolls. I have been mildly obsessed with them every since I started buying dolls and saw their spreads in Haute Doll. I actually owned two different Goldies (and I loved both) but my collection changed so I sold them a couple years ago. At Dollism in 2014 they had a pretty large display, including their boys, and I wanted one so bad!! But didn't buy one and now I sort of regret it. They are having a sale now and I keep looking even though they don't really fit in my group...but I may cave.

5. A Super Dollfie Toshizo Hijikata. I don’t even know how I found a picture of him but I did and I fell. I think he’d be so cute as a Naruto reshell. Sadly, I doubt I will ever find him, let alone at a price I could justify.

6. Mermaid and other aquatic-inspired bjds. I've seen some really wonderful ones but I just don't have the room, money, or need for them.

7. Definitely dolls with fantasy parts. The farthest I’ll go for my collection is elf ears, but I really love admiring all the centaurs, fauns, mermaids, etc.

8. All the handsome delicious SD boys! I love looking at them but will never buy any as my main collection are YOSD. lol

9. Yes!
      There are many dolls that I see and love but do not want to own myself for a variety of reasons. Among them are the VOLKS Sailor Moon DDs, VOLKS Carol, VOLKS Cyndy, VOLKS Sho, VOLKS Lady Oscar, Dollshe Saint, Soom MA Saiph, lots of Doll Chateau's dolls and many others that are escaping me at the moment.
      I do love to browse the Galleries for posts of them though totally no desire to own one myself.

#89 Chibi_Rat, Dec 12, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    10. Any doll with an open vampire mouth. I love their look a lot, especially when donning a good faceup, but when I think about walking into a room and seeing them among my collection, I can't see myself particularly enjoying it.

The other is Ringdoll K. He is definitely a grail, but between Ringdoll's politics and the fact that the character that would be shelled would have to be dyed or heavily airbrushed a fantasy color, I'm very reluctant. But then again, I've also convinced myself I can make a "ghost" version of this character that is entirely white, so it seems like I've already jumped through some hoops to justify it haha.

11. I love the look of a lot of SD dolls, but I prefer MSD.

Lucky for me I can just stare at all the wonderful pictures people take!

12. Hi, :)
      At the moment I only have SD boys, most are 65-72cm with the exception of my grail boy who is 56cm tall.
      I don't think I could ever own a msd. The size makes me really nervous, there are some stunning dolls like doll leaves burg.
      My current crew seem really out of place since my grail boy came home.
      The size difference and style differences are quite intense at times.
      But over the last few days I have considered taking the plunge and getting an msd as a "friend/sibling" for my 56cm boy.
      Still not 100% sure its a good idea

13. I think they will be SDs from Volks. I do love some of the sculpts like Tae, DWC-01, Kaelin etc but sadly their heads are way too big if comparing to my current crew - taller dolls with smaller heads like Soom SG, Fifth Motif, LLT and Switch... I don't know if this is a strange reason lol

14. Isn't at all strange to me. I also collect big dolls with smaller heads.

15. Volks Lady Oscar... she's so handsome but I feel that she's out of my price range/I'd never want to customize her.

16. I also like SD-looks but buying only under 30 cm dolls.

17. Pretty much any SD doll, though not many of them I don't have the space and don't want to handle them. So pretty though... :chibi

18. I love love love Dust of Dolls Cham and Roze sized girls, and while I love looking at other peoples' pictures of them, I can't stand their neck joints. It's a tiny aesthetic detail that you can't even see most of the time, but I know it would bother me to no end. So for now, I don't see myself purchasing one. I'll stick to Appi :XD:

I also now stay away from SDs. I owned two, sold one, and the remaining 72cm boy is paired up with my girlfriend's doll, so he's the only SD I intend on keeping. I love so many SD sculpts but I hate travelling with them and I just don't have the space, so I'll have to admire them from afar.

19. If I had the space and money, I would get a bunch of Fairyland Fairyline dolls. I don't want to go too big with dolls, I think Fairyline is as big as I'd go, and I love the fantasy aspect.

20. I am limiting myself to two ID75 (waiting for one). I would have them all if I were rich!