1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any famous collectors of BJD's

Apr 18, 2008

1. Kerli! Watch her Vevo Music Video's Two of them have BJD"s in them she has QUITE the collection! Her walking on Air and Tea party video's is what have it. I found her on accident and started researching. They wern't just dolls she got for the video thats her actual collection!

2. I am loving the picture of Amanda and Neil with a doll cosplaying as Death. My three favorite things in one picture!

3. Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight) interview (VK fanbook):

"- I've heard that you like making dolls?
      - I like making things in general, not just dolls. At home, I have Super Dollfie dolls that are the process of being transformed to Airi, Aram, Jeile and Arto. I have eight Super Dollfie dolls in all, but I have no time to work on them. I'm thinking about asking a professional to do it..."

4. Actually the dolls she had in her Tea Party video were Goodreau dolls, which were then sold through the Goodreau website. Some of the dolls might have been hers, but a good number of them weren't.

5. Terrance Zdunich..The writer of Repo! The Genetic Opera and the comics The Moulting. However...He doesnt collect them but I know he is aware of them (as I have spoken to him about them before. I said that I am making a Pavi BJD and he said "A girl sent me a BJD head of myself!") haha! So he knows about them. Well acually I guess you could say he has a head of one if that counts ;) ..He is famous in my books anyways! :D

Yes they are Goodreau dolls ^^ but I agree. Some may be hers but most would have probally been given to her by Goodreau as advertisments :)

6. He's a fairly down to earth guy. I've sent him a few messages, and he's always been kind in response. You've got to give a guy credit for keeping such a cool head about fame. Especially when a fan sends you a head of yourself, I guess.

(I always wondered what a celebrity would think if they knew they were getting dolls made of them. Now, I guess I have a better idea.)

7. Yeah he really is ^-^ He seems to really be involved with his fans :D

I dont know what I would be like if I got a head of myself sent to me! :L He seemed really happy to have recieved it (I cant remember for the life of me which user on her sent it to him!! If i remember il mention her!) and to be honest it did look a LOT like him which is awesome! >_< I wish id gotten one now ;)

8. It was gabsci That sent terrence his own head, Iused to Have his MNM from the same order, and she said he was real sweet about it

9. I can honestly say I couldn't care less if Gwen Stefani got into BJDs. I don't like her music and I don't much care for her style, but I like BJDs. It's my hobby. I would never let any celebrity influence my feelings for my dolls or my perception of the hobby.

10. Idk if his name has been mentioned or not (15 pages is crazy 8D) but I know Danny Choo collects Dollfies. <3 He's Jimmy Choo's son. :3

11. I know Kerli does/did at one point. I remember seeing one in a music video of hers that she owned ^.^

12. I'm unsure if this is posted in the right area, if it isn't please either move this or if i'm being off topic delete my post.

I was watching the music video of Tea Party By Kerli on youtube today and i noticed there was bjds in the video! :)

My snapshots i caught:
      Ignore the question in the picture! (theese are not my dolls!)

[​IMG]

So, do you think Kerli likes bjd's or was it just for the setting of the video?

13. You could probably ask her, she seems quite friendly towards her fans :)

14. Kerli likes bjds, I would say. It's not her first video to have bjds. Her Walking on Air video is entirely based around one of her bjds. You should look it up ~ Interesting video. It was talked about quite a bit here on DoA when it first came out. It was actually how I first heard of her.

15. I really need to check that video out! :D I was wondering if she liked them. :)

16. She had them all especially commissioned for the video, there was quite a write-up about it in a magazine.

17. Terrance!? -dies on the inside- That is sosososo cool! I love him! He and I talked for a while back when myspace was cool. I might just die :fangirl:

18. I hope Demi Moore doesn't have any BJDs in her doll house. The poor dears would get no love. I can just imagine her stockpiling limiteds from every company and then never looking at them... 3000+ dolls in her collection insured for $2mil, my goodness! What's the point if there's no bonding and building? Most Celebrities would totally ruin BJDs and turn them into trendy materialistic objects, like those poor purse dogs. I can totally imagine pukifees traveling around in bags in Vegas... LOL Although I do have to thank Hollywood for the RIDICULOUS gluten free fad. As someone who actually needs to eat gluten free food (I'm Celiac), it was sure nice of them to bring it to the public because there are a lot more meal options out there for celiacs now. Our bread use to taste like cardboard. But for the record, gluten free does not mean healthier, and does not make you loose weight ;)

19. I'm still shaking over that picture of Neil and Amanda holding a doll cosplaying Death! He's such a sweet guy. :) And an amazing writer. He's my inspiration. I aspire to write as well as he does one day. One of the best days of my life was going to his signing and giving him a nicely printed copy of the "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?" novelette I wrote. And Amanda is so cool! I just love them. :aheartbea

I'd love to see Marilyn Manson with a few, too. I bet they wouldn't even be gory or anything... they'd probably super-cute anime-style dolls, or really gorgeous models... I can just see him carrying around a big, handsome EID. He seems really nice!

ETA: About Gwen Stefani... I kind of have mixed feelings about her and her little Japanese/Harajuku phase. I felt like it was culturally appropriative and definitely bordered on racist... I think there are ways to respect a culture and take its styles as inspiration without doing what she did. But I do enjoy her music. But that's neither here nor there.

20. wow id love to know more about marilyn manson collecting dolls.. i tried googling but couldnt find anything. i bet he would have the most amazing bjds!