1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any famous collectors of BJD's

Apr 18, 2008

1. um I would consider her quite famous, since her items are featured in many stores like Spencers, Hot Topic and alot of other stores, she has quite a market with her drawings, T shirts, figurines, postcards, notebooks, etc...and Ms. Lackey, I've never heard of her...LOL well except for Gail Lackey who does artdolls.:roll: and I think Amy still has some of the BJDs.

2. I like Gwen Stefani's style but I really do not like how she had this little harem of Asian girls following her around during the Harajuku phase. It's like the girls were accessories and I found it all pretty racist.

I was telling my mom about BJDs and she mentioned Demi Moore and said, "I wonder if those are the dolls she collects?" I would like to hear more about her collection if she has some!

I would not really like to see celebs carrying dolls around though. I bet the dolls would get some bad press, especially if it was one of the crazy celebs, and that would make me sad :(

3. I saw a You Tube vid where a young woman was explaining how BJDs would solve all of Paris Hilton's problems, or something to that effect. I don't have the link, but if you search you'd probably find it.

I love that Amy Brown collects them. She has a doll section on her webpage. Misfit is my favourite of hers. I was a faery collector before a BJD collector, but they cross over into each other. I already have a bobobie sprite on order who will be modeled into a faery.

4. SoramimiDoll: I couldn't agree with you more.

5. Holly Black used to be on this board (don't know if she's still active or not) and used to own BJDs... I'm not really sure what's happened with her doll collection though... I always followed info on her for her books XD

6. Naoki - I freaking love DBSK/SG/Super Junior, and yes, 2 of them collect them... Max and... dunno.

7. Haha, really, where did it say this?

Same for Marilyn Manson, where'd it say that? 'Cause that'd be SICK! I'm real curious, haha.

8. I just saw him with them in a photoshoot once.... and read it on a profile page somewhere over the rainbow.

9. A friend who's really into him told me that he was into BJDs. I am aware that he has other dolls, and some blythe... but have never actually seen any pictures with bjds. It's likely that it's true.

10. Shiro, SoramimiDoll: Either way, that's really cool, haha.

11. i believe you're right with your first point, i don't think she would appreciate bjds of her characters for that very reason...

however, to your second point: she wrote something in the paper (where we both lived in california), about how being christian doesn't have to mean you're anti-gay. in fact, her son is gay, and from what she said, she totally supports him.

(my contribution for the off-topicness). :roll:

but yeah, i'd really like to see marilyn mansons dolls!

12. (emphasis mine)

I'm confused because first you slam people for being elitist and "putting things down," and then you proceed to display an obvious sense of superiority towards "greasy overweight lolita girls." All this even as you admit you are also a Japanophile. :?

14. I know Demi Moore collects Takara Jenny and Licca dolls, though I don't know if she's branched out to BJDs. She went on a trip to Japan to the Licca-chan castle and I believe Takara presented her with a special doll as a gift.

I've also heard that Madonna collects Blythe dolls. ^^ I don't think BJDs would be too far off from star collections in the future.

15. I kind of agree with arrowchild. I know next to nothing about most of the people on this forum, and to be completely honest, I really dont care what they do professionally. If they sing or do shampoo commercials, it's all the same to me. I see that all bjd-owners are equal, sharing the joy they get from their dolls.

Of course it's different if someone started to get bad publicity for our dolls, but before that happens, let's give everyone the freedom to enjoy dolls as we do. You really dont have to like what they do, you dont have to even appreciate the way they handle their dolls. But I think it's unnecessary to speculate beforehand, how 'yak' worthy it would be if they got interested in bjds... To me, that's just rude.

16. Omg. I just had a total fangirl moment to think she was on DoA :fangirl::love

17. Makes me wonder if there was an American PV done using BJD, would any of you stop collecting, or just sit around and whine..

I heard Jennifer Tilly had one or two, but I dunno if that was just publicity for the Chucky movies or not. (It would be so cool to inhabit a doll body *dreamy eyes*)

18. Yes, I would also like to see a Firesong! He is my favorite, but I believe she is working primarily with characters from her newer series or her podcast. I would make a Firesong myself, but as you are not supposed to her characters for fanfics or anything public, I would not want to violate her wishes. Besides, I agree with Anne Rice that we should come up with our own characters.

It is great to have famous people in the hobby, especially educated authors, rather than scandal ridden celebs, as that might draw some negative attention to the hobbies. I mean if Michael Jackson collected them, that would negatively influence some peoples opinion of them. We have our own celebs too!

19. I'm sure shes not THAT famous XD but I know the manga artist Koge Donbo (creator of the mangas Digi Charat and Pita Ten) collects bjds. She used to post pictures of them in her blog. Not sure if they're still up tho.

20. Digi Charat is soooo adorable (and Pita Ten as well)... You have to wonder, after hearing something like this, if she used some of her dolls as inspiration for her characters. Now THAT would be totally awesome.

I know a lot of people here (including me), have characters that they either created from a doll, or had first and then made into dolls (so their characters could have a physical representation).

But to find out someone just like us, used her dolls and became famous for the characters she created for them (or characters that she made into dolls for inspiration in her writings of them), would totally ROCK!