1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any famous collectors of BJD's

Apr 18, 2008

1. ...
      Uh, thanks. Can't really... reply to this or anything, other than by being kind of frightened. Because there's never never been a non-white, non-greasy, healthy sized Lolita girl living in a Western country... right? If you see them at the mall, it's quite possible they aren't even claiming to be lolita- those are probably, uh, regular anime fans who just HAPPENED to pick something up at Hot Topic. And they're trying. And is what Hot Topic did to lolita any different than what Gwen Stefani is doing? Just saying.
      People act like Gwen's the only western pseudo-Loli ever to be criticised on the Internet ever- well, yeah, because by making it her style, she's making it her gimmick, in some people's eyes. Of course we'll be critical. Ever listen to a couple of self proclaimed real Lolita pick apart the outfit of someone who's aspiring to that status and failing? Equally critical.
      Not to be harsh.

2. I was wondering; What about celebrities who's wives or husbands even are into them? These celebrities are at least exposed to BJDs everyday ;)

Do we know of any celebrities not into them themselevs, but married to a BJD collector?

3. Wow, that kind of put an end to things.

4. I'm not famous, but my school news paper did a story about my dolls and me. :) I got really excited...and thought I'd share.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

5. It's awesome that your high school seems open about it! I'm pretty sure any doll of mine would be either stolen or broken before school lets out.

6. hahah I'm rather lucky, but high schoolers are still cruel. :sweat But yes, I feel very lucky most people are so tolerant.

7. Oh my gosh, I would just about faint from joy if people actually cared enough about my doll collection to write an article on them. Teenagers can still be cruel I guess but that is super cool <3

8. John Wayne was a doll collector!!*_* Theres a bit of trivia I am sure very few people know!
      I could just picture him if he were still around with his own little mini me complete with cowboy outfit!
      And Amy brown, quite famous in my eyes:aheartbea

9. ...Richard Simmons? XDDD

Okay, I'm admittedly a bit scarred.

10. Alysonsfriend: That article is so cute!

11. Well the fashion world is taking interest. I got this magazine about a year ago with a photoshoot featuring a D.I.M doll in haute couture (signed Laggerfield I think) and a Lishe...dirty Lishe.

Ah! found the pics.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thanks for sharing the magazine editorial shots lulupikaboo :) I am especially drawn to the faux rust on the joints....what an interesting look.

13. Today I got a hold of a copy of the latest issue of Faerie Magazine where I saw a very brief mention of Asian ball-jointed dolls. It was in an article about Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles, Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale, Valiant, and Ironside. Here is what the article said:

The rest of the article is about her life as a fantasy writer and what it was like to see one of her books (The Spiderwick Chronicles) being adapted into a major motion picture. It's still pretty interesting to see a notable person casually mention Asian ball-jointed dolls in an interview.

14. Holly Black is one of my most favorite authors and I had no idea she collects BJDs :o Something else to add to the list of why she is awesome.

15. Hmm, if anybody follows internet celebrities (or getting there), I'm sure a few know Alex Evans. I'm not sure if or where I read it, but his sister Carolanne AKA Dolly Evans collects them. I may be totally off, but I thought that might be interesting, more so if it's true.

Alysonsfriend: Any way you could make those bigger? I'd be interested in reading it ;]

16. I didn't know Alex Evans had a sister? But thats actually cool that I know who someone is. xD

17. I had no clue who this was until I googled him... and realized I watch him on devART! That's cool though, that his sister collects BJD. ^^

18. I second that, I'd really love to be able to read the article too! :)

As for Gwen Stefani, I think she's too busy with her own line of fashon dolls...quoted from Amazon.com:

"Musician and fashion designer Gwen Stefani has launched her own line of limited edition dolls. Produced Huckleberry Toys, this complete set of Series 1 10-inch fashion dolls includes four Gwen Stefani dolls and the four Harajuku girls. Each doll comes in a unique costume that Gwen and the Harajuku Girls wore on her recent world tour. Dolls are packaged in 4-color window boxes and come with lots of accessories, like collectible trading cards, brushes, posters, pocket mirrors and extra outfits."

Just do an internet search for Gwen Stefani dolls and/or Huckleberry Toys, if you want to find out more.

The reason I found out about this is because Huckleberry Toys is going to have a booth at this year's Epcot's Teddy Bear and Doll Show, the company has a very interesting resin faced doll, by a Japanese artist, in the Ooak auction. It is supposedly the first in a new line they are launching and I was searching for more information about the company and this new line.

19. Yeah, but I'm not too sure if that's who I heard about. I'm maybe 70% sure :sweat

Here's her MySpace. I can't say I'm not a fan of both.