1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Unoa Quluts 2nd? (pics)

Apr 15, 2006

1. That still wouldn't explain why unoas are selling for less than they used to on the Japanese second hand market. AFAIK, most sellers in the US have been selling at the same high price that unoas went for prior to the 1.5 release. So I guess there are more people in the US-based secondhand market who either don't know or aren't comfortable using a buying service to obtain their doll. I tend to think there are more people in the former catagory, which is a shame, as I know I'd hate spending a lot of money on something only to find out that it isn't difficult to obtain through another method for much less. Myself I decided to put myself through the five months of waiting through the preorder rather than pay extra on the second-hand market. If I decide to get another unoa in the future and I miss the preorder I'll probably try to get one from Y!J, rather than spend an unecessarily high amount of money buying an unoa from either here or ebay.

And while they'll still wind up costing more than the average mini-sized doll, right now you can still get an unoa kit fairly easily on Y!J without spending a thousand bucks. And really right now on Y!J the price range is very wide (the "cheapest" was one I saw that was currently around 300 bucks, with the most expensive being around 800) for the most part these past few months it's settled into the 600-750 range. The boys are actually selling for more than the girls on Y!J, since there are now more girl kits in the market. So they're still expensive for they're size, but not to the point where obtaining one becomes an almost impossible dream.

Of course, if Araki does discontinue the girls, then I expect the price rates of Y!J will shoot up again. But given their popularity I highly doubt it. He'll either offer them for preorder alongside the new girls, or alternate the preorder periods, which would mean a longer wait period for those who decide to obtain lusis and sist through the preorder, unfortunately. Which might cause the prices to shoot up again. But I think the thought that he would stop making lusis and sist is more anxiety fueled speculation than anything else.

Of course, in a perfect world unoas would be sold through a dollfair-like shop (or heck, even dollfair.com itself, since I heard they are great to deal with when it comes to ordering dolls) and then everyone would be happy. Well, eveyone except those that bought an unoa kit in order to sell it for a profit of course. And as much I as I would love to be able to just order an Unoa just like any other doll, I doubt that this will happend anytime soon.

2. I'm almost hoping these new girls are made out of vinyl. :3

3. I'm always trying to find out more news on these lovelies, and when I checked Araki's Dairy, there was an entry with a picture of the 2.0 in boxes and phamplets. I tried to translate the entry, and it said something about these being available at an "event" and more about the quality (?)

Do you think that they are only going to be available at a doll event in Japan? If that's so, than there's more chance that the next preorder will be for Lusis and Sist.

Here's the link if you'd like to see --> http://diary2.fc2.com/cgi-sys/ed.cgi/seishikun/

I hope that both versions will be available to the public sometime- Lusis and Sist are irresistibly pretty, and 2.0 has that gorgeous, mature touch.

4. Araki's preparing those for Wonder Festival ^^ They'll be available there fully strung, with a stand, highheel parts and a highheel kit (wonder what this is), swimsuit and postcard.

They'll be available later this year as kits I think (he mentioned somewhere in his diary).

I'm a bit smitten on Mocha..but I do hope there'll be a Unoa 1.5 preorder soon too.

Hope this helps ^_^

5. OH! I really like Cream... but Mocha is also tempting. I hope we can order these later this year... I want to get both of them. I hope they are not too much.

6. Shoko, I can't help but want both of them as well! I would have a hard time saving up for both, but they're too lovely as a pair!

It does help, kchan, thank you! I'm so glad they will be available as kits later!

I think the higheel kit is to make heeled shoes that fit the curve of their feet. I really like how their curved feet have no joints- it looks so realistic. I really hope, even though it is not likely, that there will be a jointed flat-foot optional part (like SD16 Olivia's). That would make these the most perfect BJD's to be introduced! I still love them to bits as they are now :)

Once again, they are sooo gorgeous!*~

7. A few Unoa 2's have popped up on Y!J after the Dollpa this weekend.

8. I love the tan skinned one Mocha! but watch out the seller is selling his/hers for 120,000 yen and has like 4 bad feedbacks! beware guys! hugs, gg

9. I'm curious to see some ownerpics of these girls. I'm mildly interested in Coco 'cause she's tanned.

10. Me want the choco O_O!!!!!!! I would luv to get both but Choco is first on the list!! >O< need muney!!

11. sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_________^

wait for pre-order, i hope one day, ^^

12. Those girls are really cute specially Mocha, *still want a sist* the sales price is 45.000 yen

you can see a few owner pics here and here

If i understood right the first blog says that you can buy optional faceplates and heels, and they can't wear round ball eyes.

- The size wig is 5-6
      - The feet is 5cm length and 2cm width, for high heels only. Maybe she can wear Tyler shoes?
      - body:
      &#183; Bust 17cm
      &#183; Waist 10.5cm
      &#183; Hip 17cm

13. Thanks for info ^^
      She's 43 after all ?
      Those numbers sure are wierdo ^^'

14. >.< *goes to pimp out her doll clothing, she has about half saved up.*

15. i have the money, now i want the order, T______________T

Mocha is gorgeous.

16. They seems to be 43cm maybe a bit smaller

*do not leech the bandwidth*

17. Ohhh Now I really want ONE:D ....thanks for the Links Flonne But how can I go about getting one? Other then YJ! Auctions? Those are SUPER expensive:sweat
      -Anthony

18. Y!J is only way for now.. unless Araki is going to make pre-order for them soon..
      For me they look.. well.. like.. nvm >.<

19. Okay... A Pre-Order? Where would I find out details about the Pre-Order?:?
      -Anthony

20. Hehe -- it looks like he downsized the rest of the doll and left the boobs the same ;>

What a perfect comparison photo, thank you, Flonne -- this answers a lot of the questions we've had about the size of the 2.0 girls, thank you!

-- Andi :D