1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Unoa Quluts 2nd? (pics)

Apr 15, 2006

1. Heya Kittywolf13,
      Here is info for the headbacks/eyemechs...from what I see on the 2nd hand market most do not come with the dollybird eyemech headbacks or honesweet faceplate.
      http://www.rakurakutei.com/theloft/unoa_faq.htm#Unoa 2.0: Mocha and Cream

As for the faceplates, you actually take the back of the head off, not the front of the head. Are these the pcitures you were talking about?
      http://www.rakurakutei.com/theloft/dolly_bird_scans.htm

When I had my girl, I just followed the pictures above (14-17). I actually think my Lusis 1.5 is harder to get on and off than my mocha girl was. I hope this helps some...sorry if these are just the same pics.

2. No i was referring to the black and white instructions in the box. O.O;

Im guessing then that this one does not have the eye mech. is there a way of removing the headback then without her falling apart? can i just pull her head up and slide a thin pencil or something underneath?

3. That is how I did it, and then just slipped the string off the top hook on top of her head and followed the instiructions in reverse of what is in the linke (gosh I hope that makes sense lol).

4. Wow Usami, the information you just shared answers so many questions I has as to why preorders had so much time gaps XD. Thanks so much for sharing that!

5. Ok! sounds good! im gonna try that then. wish me luck! :D (i dont even think the eyes i have will fit...but at least i can reposition these...cause i think their position funny.)

6. I did in fact remove her head. its a bit of a pain though. O.O; but i lost one of the two strings that wraps around the top. so oddly enough her legs are tighter but her arms are loser. Im trying to find the right pair of eyes for her at the moment.

7. Kittywolf, I used a crotchet hook to get my Mocha's head off- I just passed it under both her strings (pointing the crotchet hook towards her face plate) wrap a long ribbon around the hook, then pull it quickly back under the strings. It makes it very easy then to the swap heads/head back & face plate. Also Unoa 2nds don't have an eye mech as such- only the original headback had a spot for the flat eyes to sit on, but they didn't move. And eyes? I bought round 8mm high dome eyes for my girl, they really made her look alive imo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56792530@N00/2977109926/sizes/o/in/set-72157600145555893/

Good luck :) !

8. Shes beautiful! i want some green eyes, but am having trouble finding them for her. do the eyes you got have stems? or are they flat backs?

9. Thankees- yes, they have stems, I got them from here: http://www.dollyanna.com.au/

Go to the "Online Product Catalogue" at the top of the page, then click on the drop down menu on the left and choose "Eyes" then on the left again choose "Glass Round Paperweight Eyes - Solid". They are based in Australia though ;) good luck finding your girl's eyes!

edit: I just had a thought- are you using the default headback or the one that came with the Dollybird face? If you've got the default one, you will need to sand down or just cut off the large bit of resin that juts out for the eyes to sit on if you want to use round eyes with stems :)

10. I have thought about sanding the big thing...but at the same time i like keeping my dolls as default as possible. hence why i was thinking of useing flat backs. :)