1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Any one have tinies and large dolls too?

Jul 14, 2008

1. Im a sucker for tinies but i would love to have at least one SD boy and one SD girl, why? because scaling for a tiny can be hard, an SD would be easier to sew for and such

2. Most of my crew are CP Delfs (along with one SD13 Volks fellow) or MiniFees... but I also have two Banjis and a little Doll Factory furry.

It's fun having a mix of different sizes, even though the "big'uns" are my first love.

3. Great pictures...I love seeing the comparisons

4. I have a mixture of big 'uns and little 'uns, and the mix is tons of fun :3nodding:

[​IMG]

I think Yo-SDs are the perfect size alongside SD dolls - the size-difference there is particularly adorable ^^

5. I've got a nice mix. I do so love those tinies though. I'm developing quite the little Elfdoll family.

[​IMG]

6. Ooh--fun pics to see the variety of dolls and sizes!
      I have a variety of sizes too--almost half and half for tiny and larger dolls. I only have one SD though--display space is certainly an issue for me otherwise I would love to have more! The tinies just are so easy to display since they fit in my small shelving in my computer armoire :)

7. I have everything from the little 5" dolls all the way up to 3 (so far) of the 60cm girls. I love them all. I don't even have a favorite size. They're all so adorable. I'm on the list for some Pukis now, too. *sigh*
      It's a never ending slippery slope!

8. I have a tiny (angelfantasy 27cms) and a 70cm Dz Yuu. I love both size dolls. I want at least one more tiny, and probably several more SD sized.

[​IMG]
      Here are Kitsune and Noble having a heart to heart. Dh also has a 70cm DOI Luke. He's hoping to get a tiny soon too. He wants some one that can go to work with him.

9. I agree about the sewing! My first "BJD" (not a real BJD) is an Obitsu Gretel. Her name is Gretchen, and I love to sew for her! Actually, I'm not a bad seamstress, really, I'm not! But I find it difficult to sew for Barbie, and darn impossible to sew for tinies, though I've read a lot of tricks in the forum, that I plan on trying! But I suspect I'll only be good down to MSD size :P

So my first was my Obitsu 60 cm, then I went straight to the tinies, LOL. I next received an elfdoll Ryung and then Adel. I thought I would never be able to get clothing for these tinies, but I've since collected a lot of Bratz kidz outfits, gotten Banji outfits and a few hand made by forum talent outfits and items. Now I have a TON of things my Elfdoll tinies, Banjis and Witley Woodelves can wear! I can't believe how fast a wardrobe can build!

I finally bought a puki... that is, I went crazy and bought 3 puki's LOL! One goes to my daughter though, LOL. Anyway, I'm receiving a Dark Elf Soo head with the order soon and must save up for a minifee body. So I will soon join those who have MSD size dolls! I will also be saving up for a Narae. She is, to me, the most beautiful doll, and well, my DES needs a friend, right?... then probably some boys...... LOL I'm sure it'll get crowded here :P

I look forward to sewing for the MSD, I'm sure I can do it, and I already have some tonner outfits which I hope will fit to start off. However, I must admit, I LOVE photographing the Tinies much more than the larger dolls. I love putting them together in groups and doing little comic strips. And the size of the Elfdoll tinies, Banjis and Witley wood elfs makes them perfect for doll house furniture/ miniatures... and I'm working on several "stages" for them so I can do more interesting photographs. I can't wait till I've finished, but there is always something else I need to do, LOL. I did just finish puttng brick on the walls... but there is so much more to do.....

Why do I always write so much? I bet nobody ever reads these books I leave behind, LOL............

10. I have bought a MSD recently, but tbh she's too big for me, I like tinies, tiny things - even in my dollshouses I prefer the 1/24th scale to the 1/12th. I love that tinies can play in the dollshouses and I seem to 'come alive' when I hold a tiny in my hand whereas the bigger one I'm a bit unsure how to 'play' and she's a beautiful ornament. I'm hoping to trade her for a tiny now :)

Saying that, I would love to have a SD, just to say I've had one, but for now I'm a tiny lover :aheartbea

11. I do have to admit my Obitsu gets no love anymore........ Hope that doesn't happen to my minifee when I get her body?!?!?!?!

12. IngieBee: I read your "book" and I found it quite interesting! I have always been a tiny lover and I have a small house so I wouldn't be able to have to many SD size dolls. I have a couple of doll houses (simple wooden kid-style dollhouses) that I hope to set up someday for my tinies. I mostly buy the 6" - 12" crowd, but lately I'm considering the MSD-size dolls more often. I already had 6 MSD-size dolls when along came Elfdoll Lovely Dami. Now that I have Dami (who I really like because she is what I would call a small MSD-size doll), I couldn't resist ordering Elfdoll Lovely Amy (who's just coming out). One of the reasons I have decided to get into the MSD size a little more is that my eyesight is not great (has always been very bad for distance but now (I'm 45), I think the reading/up close eyesight is starting to get less than perfect) and I'm thinking it should be a lot easier to make clothes for the larger dolls. I also bought an Amanda Jane pleater and I hope to make some smocked dresses for the dolls (and, the bigger the doll, the more options with the smocking). I have only two SD size dolls: Soah, who so far just stands in my cabinet, but I love her and Dollfie Dream Cheryl, who has been sitting on the top of my couch, near my computer, since I got her - she's pretty cool, but I haven't done much with her. I'm sure I will not be ordering many more SD size dolls but that Dollmore Model "Ha-Yarn Cho" keeps calling to me - she is even taller than the SD's. Okay, so that's my book!

13. We obviously have a similar taste in dolls, on my 'I love..' list are Soah, Dami and Ha-Yarn Cho!! I guess I prefer the more asian looking dolls. I do wonder although I love tinies, whether one, maybe Ha-Yarn or Soah, would satisfy my lust for a big doll. MSD's don't make me go WOW enough, they are similar size to my fashion dolls. But Model or SD might lol!!!

ps I've just turned 40 but hoping my eyesight holds out as I'm very short-sighted!

14. my first was a DOD shall, I now have a Bobobie nissa :)

[​IMG]

15. I have four SD boys and a puki. Quite the height difference... here's my tallest guy Arlian (70cm DZ Yuu) with my teeny little Vash (puki sugar).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Land ho!"
      "Okay this isn't funny anymore..."
      [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

A msd-sized doll getting pwnt by Yos.
      Note: not all dolls are mine.

-Ree

17. I currently have 2 SD-sized dolls, 1 MSD-sized, and 3 tinies.
      2 more larger dolls on the way!

They all co-exist peacefully.

18. This is avery interesting thread and i have loved seeing all the beuatiful family pics here!

I am new to Bjds as a collector, my daughter has been collecting them for quite a while which i have found very useful as she has all sizes from sd down to 6\" so it enabled me to see what size i liked and which ones i didnt without the need to buy and then have to sell if i found the size not to my liking or i should say my handling capabilities LOL!

currently i have petite ai Bon Bon, she is 19cm and sooo darned cute, i would like to add another one day, i just recieved my two petite ais, they are 28cm and perfect, this is my preferred size of all the bjds, i also have an msd on order, i do struggle with the msd size more in terms of posing, but her face melted me and i just could\'nt say no, so she will be the only msd for me!Tiny tinies i find absolutely adorable but think i would struggle with their tiny size and sds are just too big and i am not keen on adult dolls, i love the kids so much more!

19. I've got 1 and a half SD's (MD Ryu head xD) and I'm planing on getting a pong pong sometime in the future ^^

20. Addition to this..

I've got my first Puki now and number two has just been shipped. In the meantime I've sold the 55 cm doll and ordered a 27 cm Bobobie. So I'll end up with one of each size (except for the pukis that are multiplying fast O.o) - add to that that the household (with my kids' dolls) include a regular 60 cm SD and a Zaoll Luv at 52 cm, we've truly got a little of aeach. I must take a pic of the whole lot once my Isabella arrives :)