1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Buying Their Grail Doll?

Jun 1, 2017

1. I hope all goes well :)

@ChristinasDream She is such a pretty sculpt, those ears are adorable :D

2. I have my grail! My little Realpuki Pupu is just so darling. I loved her when she was released as a limited but didn't buy her and I regretted it ever since. About a year ago I found one for sale for a great price with a gorgeous custom face up and snapped her up! I think even if, for some reason, I sold all my BJDs, I would still keep her.

3. I actually bought my grail doll not too long ago! I was super lucky and found her at a reasonable price, after years of searching. Now I'm working on her clothes, so she has something to wear, and considering getting her a man-friend (which I just found the sculpt I love for him too; it needs modding but it's too perfect).

4. I feel pretty lucky in that most dolls I want I ran into them at the right time. Meaning they were still available to buy for retail price.

There's a few dolls that I wouldn't mind owning that are expensive on the aftermarket and a bit old by now so it can be hard to 1) find them at all and 2) find them in good condition. But I wouldn't consider them grail dolls, because they aren't dolls that I'm super dying to have and would be disappointed if I never got them or anything like that. If I find them for the right price and condition, I'd probably buy them.

5. This was me! I decided I wouldn't buy any more dolls until I found my grail girl, a Crobidoll Sinbi. I had a buying hiatus from last fall to last month—when I finally found her!

[​IMG]

I am about to start a layaway to get her a body, but I'm so happy to have her head home ♡ Now I can move on with the rest of my to-buy list~

6. My needs are modest. My first doll is my grail doll, a Kid Delf Bory Boy. I lucked out and found him secondhand for a really great price. I know he's still easy to find, but I doubted I'd ever be able to afford him new, so getting him at all made me so happy!
      I now have two equally-modest grails: Impldoll Idol Tony and Joshua. My hope is to save up and catch an event next year.

7. I've managed to snap up my grails, thankfully. One I've had for a few months, the head of another is currently in process, and another just arrived recently. Mine were...not really LE (at the moment, anyways), but they absolutely worked for the characters I picked out for them :kitty2

Impldoll Azalea was my first real grail. She has such refined features:D. I ordered one in a custom color, and she became Nira. The one I'm still waiting on is Bei Lie's head from Alice's Collections. I fell in love with that sculpt early on, and he perfectly fits a character I've got planned for him :).

My biggest has got to be Dollshe's King Corey though. As soon as my eyes caught sight of this beautiful hunk of resin man on their website, I I was:love. Thankfully, things worked in my favor, and I just got him in yesterday. I can't wait to get him a faceup, garbed and everything :celebrate.

#27 jade-eyed-cat, Jun 14, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    8. Iplehouse EID Lawrence was my grail for while. I saw some owner pics on flickr that immediately turned me on to him, because he looked exactly like one of my characters--custom faceup, wig and all! I slapped him on my wishlist with the mindset of, 'Someday. . .' :chibi Then I learned about Iplehouse's doll choice system and made an account immediately! Lawrence would be a little more expensive through doll choice, but it looked like him being part of my doll family was a real possibility. AND THEN, maybe a month or two after some saving, I found out that the owner of the Lawrence I first fell in love with put him up for sale in the Marketplace. And now I have him on layaway!! :whee:

9. Wow that's awesome, congrats!

10. My grail is a Dollshe Fifth Motif Venitu and I would essentially sell all of my dolls to pay for him if I saw the opportunity. If he was still being sold I would have bought him a long time ago.

11. Dunno if I can call them grails, but I have 3/4 of the dolls I've really lusted after. The first two were frankenstein 2013 and Eva by Ringdoll. I got him in 2016, he in 2017. Also last year I got my other 'grail' body: a Soom Cass mermaid body.

All that remains is my Soom cass' boyfriend, who needs a Soom gluino mechanical vampire head.

12. I've actually been able to get two of my grail dolls! The first being a Doll Chateau Russell that I was lucky enough to find, and just today I finally had enough money and courage to purchase a Doll Chateau Stacy! I'm so excited and can't wait to receive her! Now to start saving up for a Soul Doll Onulharu haha ^^

13. I've been in love with Unoas since I entered the hobby, but they were trickier to get hold of back then. Then Unoalchemy came along during a hobby hiatus, and I've got a body on the way for the L-Bi girl I've wanted for years! I might actually be done with collecting after she's all together.

14. I am in process of getting one of my Grail dolls, a Yotenshi Yuh. I was acutally at the dolpa where she was released in 2008, but I hate spending the whole morning waiting for limited dolls rather than exploring the vendor area.

15. Sadly I can't, because she is a limited doll. FeePle65 Angela Full Package and they only made 68 sets. If I did find one, I don't think I would be willing to shell out the cash. I could buy a lot more things with the money.

16. I've managed to acquire two of my grails in the last year, being painfully patient, and stalking every sale page available. Now I'm hoping to get my third grail, Xi Shi from Angell Studio - she's so expensive, so I've been waiting and hoping for one to appear on the second hand market, but without any luck so far, that's why I've decided to buy her new from AS studio, if they have a summer event with free shipping - I'll have to wait and see.. btw.. I want her in light tan, and I'll be the only one in the world that has ordered her in tan, so that's kind of cool :cool: I'm excited to see how she'll look

17. I have a few of my Grails:
      - the first bjd boy head I ever loved: Napidoll Lucifer, I bought him 3 years after first seeing and wanting him 2nd hand. (in 2010?)
      - Leekeworld Mihael head: I bought him at least a year later. Still with me today and not going anywhere
      - Saint: my most expesive doll when I got him - at one of Dollshe's sales... I have been watching Saint since he was available I think and save about every picture I have ever seen of him
      - 5th Motive Venitu - just wow. Loved him from the first owner pictures I saw of him, had to really safe and find justification for buying him :)
      - DIM Benetia - first MSD girl I fell in love with after seeing her at a doll show around 2008 - got her in 2014?
      - Dollzone Beeta - the first SD girl I ever held. That feeling of holding such an expensive heavy big doll and being allowed to touch her and redress her. I think that feeling is the grail aspect :) My Beeta arrived when she was on sale for being discontinued :)

Do I have grails left? Yes: Nabbaro's Wally. But he is too expensive to even look at. But who knows? One day?

18. OMG you guys!!! I just made the first payment on my grail doll Campsis! in 6 months he will be mine! :dance

19. My grail doll is Island Doll's Veranoen. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him two years ago, but didn't think I'd really be able to afford him. However, due to a series of events, I decided I would start saving up for him now. I already have about 50$, and my goal is to save 1000$ before I buy. (He looks like he costs 750$, but I have to factor in the fact that the Canadian Dollar is terrible compared to the US.) But! I am 1/20th of the way to my goal and I decided that all the money from my research assistant job, plus maybe 25$ from each Human Being paycheck until I finish paying off some debts, will go to him.

So hopefully I will get him soon!

#39 Mayhem, Jun 26, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    20. I've only had two grail dolls till present, both I figured I would never be able to own because they were so rare. The prices weren't a problem for me, I didn't care how much they marked it up, I just wanted to get my hands on them! I checked back every couple of months for years until I secured them myself through various means. I'm stubborn as an ox when it comes to certain things, and dolls are certainly one of them! :lol: