1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Buying Their Grail Doll?

Jun 1, 2017

1. I bought my biggest grail, a CP Luts Delf Soony, earlier this year after wanting her since about 2010. When they discontinued her I was heartbroken, and even more heartbreaking is the secondhand prices she goes for! Luckily I was able to snatch her up at a pretty decent price here on the marketplace in super good condition. Starting her faceup very soon :)

I just bought my other grail, a Volks F-16 boy on the long leg body, on mandarake a couple days ago. But his status is still "checking for stock", so if they email me saying he's out of stock after all I'll be so devastated :( he's absolutely perfect for a character I've had for about 7 years now. I've even already bought all of his things for him haha :sweat

2. Two of my grails were actually Resinsoul and Bobobie dolls (back when I didn't have any resins) I wanted RS Bei and Bobobie Isabella so badly.

I got Bei in 2013, my sweet little Vala.

Then in 2015 I got Avery my Isabella.

I have a few other grails I'd like... The only thing that's making me hesitate is wondering if they'd look good with my other dolls.

Or something about them makes me hesitate. Like Minifee's or mature mini's. I like Minifee's but I'm not sure how one would fit in with the rest of my dolls (plus... I don't know if any minifee's that aren't limited have elf ears) and mature mini's... I'm worried about having to buy a bunch of new gear because of this doll.

#42 Arashi Uchiha, Jul 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    3. I suppose I am. I was torn about whether to opt for a slightly cheaper BJD as my first, but then decided to disregard price and just buy a doll I love. I have chosen the DC Evangeline. Whether or not she will be my absolute favourite doll long term, I'm not sure, as I'm only just starting out in the hobby, but I do think she's absolutely beautiful.

#43 Vanytie, Jul 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    4. I was lucky enough to snag one of my grails off the MP a week ago. He's an ImplDoll Miguel The Demon Hunter. When he was released back in 2010, I didn't have the funds for him. He was limited to 100 dolls and I NEEDED him in grey resin. I watched the MP for years but it was always a case of not having the money when the right one (infrequently) popped up or having the money but he was in the wrong resin colour.

I have him now although he's a fair bit of work as his original owner spray painted him black and I want him back to his original grey. I've only had him home for 3 days but I've already put in 8 hours of scrubbing to remove the paint. I've never done anything like this before but I'm really pleased so far with the results even if I haven't gotten to the "hard" pieces yet. I knew it would take time, effort and a TON of elbow grease to get him back to his original resin, but I finally have him, he's slowly getting back to himself and I'm thrilled to pieces.

My other grail... I'd say my chance of ever finding him are somewhere between pretty much zero and hysterical laughter at the very idea of thinking I could find him. He was made by a company long gone now and he wasn't super popular even when he was first released. Like my other grail, I didn't have the funds for him back then (not even as just a head) and then the company announced they were closing for "re-structuring" and never returned.

5. My parents are doing a layaway for me! Yay! But my grail is actually the Juri 2005 but I've not found anyone putting her up for adoption so I got creative and found a person who would mod my doll to have those really pretty eyes. I really like the Minifee Ryeon sculpt too but if I could have her smiling, she would be my ultimate grail!:chibi

6. I recently just acquired my grail from a BJD Facebook group, Feeple Fairyland Juri '14 aka Elf Soony. <3 She's just a floating head for now until I manage to get her a body (might I say, I'm disappointed Fairyland doesn't offer the Feeple bodies on their own). I don't see her pop up too often so the minute I saw her for sale it was an instant impulse purchase, haha.

7. I am. I was devastated when I found out that the IH Claude F.I.D wasn't available anymore. I missed the order by few days. I almost cried when I saw he was available again for a limited time. I bought him right away and now I'm waiting my boy to get home.

8. I finally got my grail back in August which was Distant Memory's Hwayoung. I missed his preorder by only a few days and was so sad I couldn't get him. He was the first doll that made me wanna open my wallet. Luckily he popped up in a second-hand market and I managed to nab him. He can finally be reunited with Sunho though he looks much yellower. But still, so happy I can get him, I thought I could only stare at other owner pics for the rest of my life :atremblin

9. Currently my grail dolls are a Bluefairy Pocket Fairy Jimmy in "baked" resin, and a doll to shell a favorite anime character. For the first I'll just have to wait until they make them again, and the second save up for the parts of a hybrid.

Most of my dolls are mature tinies, not a common size, and often discontinued due to low demand. I've been lucky to be able to order them when their being discontinued was announced. I sold several of my off-topic fashoin dolls to be able to Lumes 1/6 Lucas and Helena a couple years ago. I would have been very sad if I hadn't been able to get them.

10. I actually just bought my grail doll about four days ago!
      When I was in high school Dollzone had JUST released Silverfox Yuu. He was one of the first tan skinned dolls (I believe) that they had ever released. His fullset was running $700. I didn't have a job so he was incredibly out of reach.

Fast forward to now (Yuu was released in 2009), I found one on Ebay and ended up buying him for 1/4th of the original price. He's yellowed, still has original faceup, no fullset and I'm about 80% sure he has the notorious tan resin marbling that DZ had for a while. But I'm literally so excited to bring him home after nearly 9 years of waiting! :dance

After him, I'm really going to have to buckle down and just put a little bit of money aside to slowly collect my ever growing list of "wants."

11. I have a female grail and I have male grail. I ordered Haeun from Supiadoll a little over a month ago and I am just waiting for her to be completed and shipped. I also just put my male grail Waseon from SWITCH on layaway. It's exciting to know I will own both of them soon! :whee:

12. I have a grail, I saw her picture and fell in love. She is Myou YO-SD Doudou girl version. I plan to order her Monday.

13. Yes, I just bought my most literal one specific grail doll! :) When I first entered the hobby almost 10 years ago I desperately wanted a Volks SD Kurumi. I even tried bidding on several through Japanese shopping services, since that long ago there weren't very many available in the US market. I lost the auctions every time, and several years ago someone I follow on Flickr had her Kurumi painted with a custom faceup and I have always thought that of all the Kurumis I have swooned over in my life, hers was the absolute cutest.

Last week that specific Kurumi ended up on the market and I bought her immediately! :D Thus, after 10 years, my dream has come true in the grandest sense possible. I never would have imagined that I would be the owner of the cutest Kurumi ever, but I am!

14. I am not to long into bjd's..started greedy, buying the older dolls i liked, but not to long ago i was at a dollfair
      Where someone had a momonita doll...
      And really... I was in love right away...
      But unfortiunally it will take untill next year before momoni will take any pre-orders again....so i just have to wait

15. I just did! After waiting for so long and because i couldnt afford the 2nd hand market price gladly 5th motif re-released Venitu! Thank God.

16. I amazingly have all of mine secured! My Dreams were DC Mephisto, Chibi Unoa and a mature tiny Rosen Garden! I asked for all of them (at different times) as jokes and got the a ok for them! I actually cried tbh

17. I just paid for a grail head and she's on her way to me :...( she's a Feeple60 Soony elf, I'm still in shock that I managed to find her so soon into the hobby!! (and at an amazing price too!)

18. Oh my god! That’s so exciting, congrats!!!

19. Thanks so much!

20. Yes, finally finally got my Tae 2nd fullset. I wanted the doll and the outfit both. Took 9 years of looking (and passing on the overpriced ones), but I'm so happy.