1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Buying Their Grail Doll?

Jun 1, 2017

1. It took me 10 years, but I recently acquired my grail (Volks SDC Renee). Her price on the second hand market was higher than I could justify, so I am glad she was finally re-released.

2. My Holiest of Grails is a Woosoo. That one probably isn't going to happen, unless Luck is on my side. But! I did snag a different Grail from a friend, a Soom Chrom. So pretty! And huge. Much big, such resin! Eventually, the face-up has to go so I can have him match what's in my head, even if it's as lovely as can be.

3. I was finally able to buy a Momoni in cocoa skin on the second hand market... she’s been the ultimate grail for me,

4. I was able to buy my grail recently! She's yet to arrive home, but I'm ecstatic. :D She's a Merry Doll Round Zuri, and I have pined after her for two years, ever since MDR first started releasing WIP pictures of her. It's been a long journey and I had no idea this was going to be possible for me so soon, but I couldn't be happier. <3 <3 <3

5. I've just bought my Grail Doll. Volks Coco Sd10. :love
      I'm waiting for her, I'm super-excited!:celebrate

6. Not sure they’re ‘grails’ as one wasn’t limited and the other didn’t exist (!) but in terms of dolls I’ve waited ages for, to complete my list...

Iplehouse Felix... I first saw a picture of him online three years ago, but Iplehouse prices! So I’ve spent three years thinking ‘please don’t discontinue him’ while I sorted out other things. He looks (admittedly with a different face up, not the company one) exactly how I picture one of my most beloved OCs. I’ve finally made the last layaway payment, and he’s shipped! He’s an adult version of the character I shelled as a Daydream Ryan, so I’ll have child Zero and adult Zero.

The second... is a custom sculpt I really wanted when I found out it was possible to commission an artist (2015 or so). But again, the cost of commissioning a sculpt all by yourself requires some financial planning so I hesitated quite a while. I finally got him paid and sculpted and he’s now in a casting queue. (I’m struggling to find a suitable body though... 68cm-ish, not skinny but not really ripped either. I don’t mean fat at all, just... something reasonably athletic without every muscle being defined).

The arrival of these two will mean my original list of dolls I wanted when I first joined the hobby is complete! This will be great, and allow me to focus on getting everyone’s clothes sorted out, and learning to sew.

Both these incoming guys need specific outfits, one of which will be easy enough and the other... yeah. The other I’m going to have to commission, probably,

But yes, finally completing your wish list is great! I’m happy. My remaining OCs will be hard to shell from existing sculpts, so they’re on a back burner (except Ramiro, who I’m sculpting myself because he’s so odd it’s probably the only option. I can’t do another custom commission!)

The other was Migidoll Ryu, who was perfect for one of my characters, and I found him on the marketplace a while back. ^_^ I’d been so annoyed when I found he was discontinued!

7. i did buy one from soom. it's my grail one XD

8. I have finally managed to find someone selling my grail and I am very happy to have him on layaway now <3 soon my long sought after Lee Jun Ki from soul doll will me mine~ I still need to hunt down his full set clothes, but at least I will have the actual doll soon.

9. oh mai gash lee junki doll? wow cant wait to see that ><

10. I'm currently saving up to get my grail- a fullset Ringdoll Daniel-B. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him and that love hasn't faded. I'm a college student so getting enough money for him is difficult. I've been setting aside $20 bills every so often, and i'm almost halfway there! I can't wait to give him a big hug when I finally have him.

11. I’m in love with doudou yosd too! Oh my goodness, I would love to see her in coffee resin!

12. I’m fortunate enough to have already acquired my grail but I waited to see if the concept of ‘there’s only one grail for me’ held or if I’d sooner or later be tempted into considering another doll as aspirational as a grail. Nope, no new grail. Even though she is home for a few years, she remains the grail doll in my collection.
      [​IMG]
      UNOSS
      by ÆON &amp; ENIGMA, on Flickr

13. This summer I finally acquired the only grail I still had pending...a Luts limited BabyDelf Daisy Elf. I‘d been lusting after this little girl ever since she was released in 2016 (unfortunately when I was completely out of dolly funds.) Since that time, I’d never seen another one until she suddenly showed up here, quite unexpectedly, in the marketplace. I snagged her immediately on a layaway, just so I knew she was finally mine...and then paid it off super quick in order to bring this little darling home at last.:)

14. I got very spoiled and have now managed to get both my grails within a month- it’s a little overwhelming actually

15. Do you mean in photos or in real life? I can surely offer some photos.

I really want a coffee DouDou or Xiaobuding someday, the color seems so pleasant. A little like the Luts Real Skin Brown but more of a orange hue in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@PoeticSoul I totally understand. One of my dreamies was a Luts Baby Delf Daisy in RSB and I finally got to bring one home to shell my beloved Santiago.

I never had a grail before so I don't know how that must feel but I do have one or two dreamies that are high up the list. I can't wait to finally meet them in person someday.

16. She is lovely!!!

17. I wish! One of my biggest grails is Leekeworld Mabel in snow skin, which has been sold out and I'm not sure if it'll come back. I might settle for normal skin if not, but her snow faceup is so sweet. I would also love, love, love an Elfdoll Twiggy Yumi, but I don't really see that happening :(

18. My grail doll was the first doll my friend in the hobby got me to admit was pretty (not creepy). Soom's Roxen. Unfortunately, she was from about 5 years prior, meaning there wasn't a chance in the clear blue sky that I'd ever had a chance at her. I moved on, ended up getting three other dolls whom I love dearly, and right as I bought that third one Soom did one of their blessed mix and match events. One in a million chance, and there she was. Piper is home now, and to date my newest doll. Only now about two years later am I kinda getting an idea of where to go from there!

19. After 6 years of searching, I recently received my Ringdoll 2012 Frankenstein. I'm so happy! He's the full set (almost) and after learning he had been discontinued two years before I got into the hobby, I thought I would never have him, but now he is with me. :D

20. My grail doll is Dream of doll Tender Shall. I´m still looking not much hope