1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever inappropriately handle your doll?

Jul 4, 2011

1. I agree totally with Delicate Disaster.

2. I'm with a lot of the others, it seems, in the "it depends on..." camp. I have a friend here in town who, every time she meets a new boy, simply MUST undress him. And I'm okay with that. There are very few who could get away with just randomly pantsing my boys, but I know this is just a "her" thing... she doesn't mean anything by it, she just likes to see the pretty boys in all their resin glory.

The things that tick me off are either when someone just *does* - and doesn't ask. Or puts my doll in very out of character for them poses. My dolls and their characters are one in the same... and most are in committed relationships. So posing them in "sexy" poses with someone other than their partner is a HUGE no-no to me. As is non-sexy but very ooc poses. If my boy/girl doesn't like your doll's character, don't pose them as snuggle buddies. I have one boy who is VERY possessive of his hubby... don't shove your doll between the two of them... IC, this would be met with him becoming a bit violent.

I did have one incident with kids, who lived in the other side of my duplex and just followed me into my house one day... it was not pretty... >.>

3. I personally am very schizo when it comes to people handling my dolls... And I have reasoning behind this: I recently have had a person drop one of my bjd's, and thank goodness its little ears didn't break off.. This is one of my main fears, and yeah.... Even more reason to be even more careful around others... :doh

4. I haven't brought my doll out into public yet, as he just arrived yesterday, but if someone were to ask if they could touch him, I would make them agree to certain terms. I would tell them my doll and the costume cost $X,XXX, no touching the face, no rough handling, no untoward intentions, and if they damage my doll, they agree to pay for the repairs.

5. Most people I know are adults and therefore have already developped a feeling for value and can respect someone else's property. The Problem I keep thinking about is, if I do own a doll (and plz god, let that be soon), what about a kid touching it? There is no children living in our household, but my sister has a godchild and might inviter her over at some point. She is turning 7 in november, and being the curious girl she is, I am sure she WOULD notice the doll in my room unless I'd hide it in a drawer or a box.

6. I'm surprised that so many people have had encounter with "Teeheehee lets randomly put dollies into sexy positions" people.

I've never heard of it until now, but I will be careful in the future.

I can just see one of my friends poking my doll's face-up She's not grabby or rude, but when seeing something new, she'll lightly start to poke it... It happens with food, pets, wigs, etc. I'd be o.k. with it if it didn't pose a risk of chipping a face-up. =/

7. Good! I am a bit of a doormat so I always feel obligated to be the "yes girl", but my brother just had a baby... when the time comes, I think I can find the strength to say NO GOD DAMN WAY if the kid discovers my dolls. It might feel strange to be so assertive, but that's better than a broken 1000 dollar doll. Hell, even the 200 dollar ones are just as important to me anyway.

8. So far, there has been no one that handled my doll that doesn't have a doll. Basically anyone that has handled my girls has a doll of their own. So personally I do not mind that they pose with them. Most of the time, I would ask if I may handle another person's doll or they would ask me if they could. If it was someone that never owned a doll before, I would ask them to be careful and explain to them what my dolls can do.

9. At some point or another, almost everyone who has handled my dolls has looked under their clothes to see if they are anatomically correct! I ask them all why they do it and the answer has always been the same~because the rest of the doll looks so real, they are curious to see if the "covered" parts of the doll look just as real! It always amuses me.

10. I haven't had people handle my doll incorrectly yet. Though there have been ladies at the knitting store who like to peek down her shirt, and go, "OH! She doesn't have a bra!" My uncle once peeked under her skirt and went, "She even has bloomers!" ... There's a reason I bought her underwear! lol The people that see her, know how much she's worth and what she means to me. So they handle her with care.

11. For me, as long as they didn't do anything to potentially damage the doll, I don't care what they do. If I'm handing over an anatomically correct jointed doll I should probably expect people wanting to pose her and look at her lady parts :P I do like to have things given back to me the way they were before, so if they undressed/unwigged her I'd much prefer she be handed back to me dressed and re-wigged. I wouldn't throw a fit if she wasn't though.

12. I used to put my doll on my booth table whenever I'm at conventions(but doesn't put him anymore now), and a girl suddenly twist his head just to his face...I got a sudden heart attack when I saw that..and immediately grab my doll on the table..and didn't put him on the table anymore..I really want to punch that girl..hahah..raising his arms or hands is fine for me, but touching his face is not just appropriate for me..

13. I've never had someone pose my dolls in an inappropriate manner. Most tend to look and coo hands off or hold them very gently. The only time I've had a "scare" was when my dad grabbed Adia. He was only kidding but when he snatched her off the table and ran I shrieked something awful, like worse than when my appendix ruptured, and about died of rage. Luckily her faceup and eye lashes and everything was fine. While I tried to calm down and check on her it was my youngest brother that explained to him how you have to be very careful with the head and face. Dad is very appreciative of them and encouraging, but now that I think of it he hasn't tried to touch any of them since then... -sigh- :(

14. Strangely enough, upon reading other people's opinions, I'm actually also in the "mortified for the doll's character" camp. A good friend of mine was typically enamoured of the idea of anatomical correctness and just -had- to see for herself, particularly with one of my bigger guys. She -did- ask, and she -was- careful... but it made me squirm, and I think it is because if these are resin representations of personalities that have been with you (and in my case, and I'm sure many others, written about) for many years, it is somewhat off-putting to have that character's dignity disturbed. I realise of course that that's -my- problem and I can't expect everyone to perceive my dolls the same way I do... but there it is, I'm kinda thinking of instituting a "look with your eyes" regime.

15. I'm with Moonmystic. No one touches my dolls. I live with one kid (mine!), she doesn't touch my dolls. If other kids were to come over, I would put my dolls away, and not only my bjds, but all of them.

16. At the doll meets I attend it's generally known that I don't mind people handling my dolls one bit, so I don't tend to expect regulars to ask before they handle my bunch. However, on one occasion I had just finished shooting Paige in a cute pose and was chatting with someone and another member, one of the regulars, came over and - without so much as a by-your-leave - leaned right over me, between myself and the person I was having a conversation with, and picked Paige up. By her head.

Of course I immediately (and gently despite how cross I was!) took Paige away from her and just kind of went 'uh, no!' because I was too stunned that someone would do that to think of anything more coherent and she just snorted and said "it won't hurt her" before stomping off. I was really offended - no matter how you pick up your own dolls, I don't think you should ever pick a doll up by the head, but particularly not someone else's. I don't mind people flipping off my dolls wigs and looking in their head, undressing them, posing them in 'inappropriate' ways (for their character) etc etc, but I do expect them to at least handle them with care! If she had even picked her up by the neck because we were too in the way for her to reach the doll's body that would probably have been less upsetting, but she literally just grabbed her by the head. :| Unsurprisingly, I don't let that person handle my things any more :sweat

17. I'm.. A little meh on the subject, in some cases. For instance, I myself, have had a 9 year old handle my YOSD girl, and he was the most gentlest person ever, going as far as brushing her hair and setting her neatly in a safe place in my room (then promptly drag me off to play Beyblade with him). Then at the same time, I go to a meet where people KNOW better, but see if they can get my boy to do a hand stand or strip him down then place him in these awkward positions!

All in all, I think it's circumstantial whether I get mad or not, but ask first, then play, and if you play wrong, you might loose a finger! D<

18. Generally I don't care if someone poses any of my dolls in strange positions as long as they're 1. not damaging them or 2. not doing something like that in a really public place (like a coffee shop or something with tons of non-doll people around). It makes me feel uncomfortable to see any dolls in sexual positions in a public place because if real people were doing it they'd be arrested....so don't make the dolls do it either.

As for the mishandling I know how bad it can get. My boss from a job I had over a year ago called me and 2 other employees from my building and asked us to meet in our lobby at X time (I don't remember the time exactly). One of the other employees is my friend and we both like dolls so we were in the lobby early playing with dolls. Our boss ended up coming sooner than he'd told us to and asked about the dolls. We explained they were valuable and fragile and told him it's okay to touch them but be gentle. I'm not sure if it was a language gap or what but he then proceeded to pick up my MSD, grab his foot and rotate it 360 degrees, thus snapping it off.

The o-hook in his foot disconnected from the resin and left a gaping hole where it pulled up from. He apologized and made his friend come over with some kind of glue but it was meant for vinyl and contained acetone. I promptly used super glue and fixed him but I quit that job immediately after it happened. If my boss is that inconsiderate I don't want to work for him. It was my second job so I was okay without it.

19. No one has really mishandled my doll yet. xD Everyone knows how expensive he is so they're all afraid to touch him but if I know these people...they would leave him in weird poses if they didn't know that breaking something meant emptying their bank and selling everything they own. (They're all broke, irresponsible college kids.) Though one time, I did leave him unattended a for a little while at a friend's house and I caught my ex co-worker lifting his yukata because she wanted to know if he had a "thing" down there. :lol: Luckily he was wearing underwear.

20. There has only been one person that made me nervous. Normally my family, meetup folks etc are very good and I don't worry at all. But there was one person (who I haven't seen in quite a while, thankfully), that was just a bit rough and grabby for my comfort. She was a fellow doll owner too, though her own doll had sustained some damage that seemed a bit out of the ordinary :sweat But one iffy person, isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. Normally that isn't something I have to deal with.