1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever inappropriately handle your doll?

Jul 4, 2011

1. To be honest, most of the accidents I've had with my dolls have been my fault. Only the other day, Merc fell from a table into a wall (long story, but the end result was that he got sammiched in there good) and broke his hand. As far as rough-handling goes, I'm probably one of the rougher people when it comes to my own dolls.

Other people's dolls I'm very gentle with, and everyone I know is a lot more gentle with my dolls than I am. I've always been willing to share all of my possessions with people so it doesn't bug me if someone touches or plays with anything of mine without my permission. (My brother uses my game consoles more than I do, and I'm the one who paid for them!) This even extends to the dolls. It's not that I don't care, more that it doesn't occur to me to care seeing as my household is fairly communal about everything.

2. A friend accidentally flipped the magnet out of Benny's head. She was being respectful, she just didn't know the top of the head could pop off as easily as it did. Then when we put it back in when put it in backward. So then the magnets repelled each other and the top of his head wouldn't stay on. She felt horrible, but we got it fixed so it all turned out ok.

3. I usually have no problem letting other doll people touch my dolls, check them out and even undress them if they want to, but I have had an issue with non-doll friends. Nothing sexually inappropriate was done in that case, but my most expensive limited doll at the time was left in what I thought would be the capable hands of responsible adults overnight. When I returned the next morning, I discovered she was left on the floor of the apartment, her head lying in the main thoroughfare, crumpled up and face down with her wig falling off. Fortunately the damage was limited to a crushed eyelash. My friends could not understand why I was angry (um well, they'd have really seen my rage if someone had stepped on her and broken her. Grrrr the thought still makes me mad). For the record, I am no longer friends with those people (that was one of the last straws in a long string of other non-doll-related things that would bore everyone and are completely OT).

I would probably have no problem with either my sister or my best friend holding and playing with them, but neither of them have really asked or shown any interest. If they did, I'd have no problem with it at all. They would both be careful and respectful. I did leave one in the care of my mother for a couple weeks so she could crochet him a sweater, and I know she would have felt wretched if anything happened to him in her care. He came back safe, sound, and in one piece. With a new sweater :)

As for sexual poses...I guess it just doesn't bother me, and I have had people do it at more private meets, often with admittedly hilarious results. At least, as long as it's with my SD-sized crew. Anything with the MSD-sized and smaller would most likely offend me more, because I see them as children (not my children, but the characters they represent). I also dress them like children, so it's not as if a mistake could be made.

Also...am I the only person who picks up their dolls by the head/neck (albeit gently)? I don't ever touch the faces, but sometimes it's the only way to get them from an awkward distance or angle. I'd never pick up someone else's doll that way, though!

4. Yes, actually -- and it happened with one of my doll friends whom I never expected this from.

But my Littlefee has a prop camera, and my wife's Pukifee was found doing a VERY explicit, sexual pose for my Littlefee, who was posed in a very auto-erotic fashion while "taking pictures" of my wife's little doll.

I still get very frustrated with this. Just talking about it brings me to tears. Not only were these characters best friends, non-sexual, but it was also seen as VERY pedaphilic, and could NOT have been taken as otherwise. The little Pukifee was even naked.

I told my friend this, and she agreed that it was sexy, and made a joke about money and hard times and pimping yourself out -- which, yes, she did so as a joke to say she was sorry.

I was really heartbroken.

She now owns two dollies, but we don't really talk about our dolls anymore with each other -- for reasons that are too numerous to mention. It makes me really sad.

5. @Ingy: That's really sad and not nice ;w; LTF and PKF are obviouslly very cute and childlike dolls, and so I believe it's wrong to make them take such poses... Unlike for example the Unoa O face which sometimes represents orgasms, which could be more "appropriate" for such poses (excuse my horrible english in the morning -.-)

Personally, I've never gone through something like that. Actually, I'm a bit over paranoïac about my dolls. I've been to a single doll meet up to now, and when I left my doll to go to the other side of the table, I kept an eye on him, just in case xD.
      But I know for a fact that if I left my dolls to my parents, as they consider them worthless and ugly, they wouldn't handle them well. That's why in September, when I'll move to London for my studies, and my parents after my departure will move house, I am not leaving my dolls for them to transport. They'll be given to my boyfriend who actually cares for dolls ^_^. (until I come back ~ :3)

6. i hate it when someone calls my doll a sex doll i almost wanted to tell him off hard

7. I was showing my doll to my sister for the first time, and I guess I just kind of assumed she might understand that they were not children's toys, and yet she proceeded to whip my doll around by one leg and was doing it so hard her velcro-ed on wig, flew off as well as making her pose in lewd poses, and the doll in question was childlike Yo-SD, I was disturbed by what she had her do. And needless to say I was completely mortified.

I'm much more likely to give a "how to hold" lecture before letting new people hold my girls. If I even do so, hearing someone say things like "let me see your creepy doll", definitely going to be a look, no touch, situation.

8. I've never let someone who wasn't already into dolls hold one of mine, with the exception of a very small number of relatives, who are respectful of them. In my area, the doll collectors tend to be respectful as well, so I've never had any issues arise. It's nice, since I feel comfortable bringing two or three dolls to a meet and handing them off to someone who doesn't have their doll yet. I'll keep an eye on them, but every person I've done this with has been very courteous and careful with my dolls.

That said, there are a small handful of dolls that I don't let anyone touch. Usually the ones that have small, fragile pieces that are easy to break, or cost more than a grand. Or both.

9. My friends view them as art, and so they know better than to tocuh my work, and my roommate....fufufufu...she is so terrified of them, she wouldn't bother them if you paid her to. Can't wait to see her face when she figures out that her extra present this year will be a 40 incher if I can find one that I like.

10. Most of the people mentioned as mishandling dolls in this thread have been adults. I will tell you that I have two children ages 5 and 10 respectively. I have had dolls since my youngest son was 2.5 years old. Both of my children have more respect for my dolls than the adults mentioned in this thread or, in fact, many adults that I have met. My kids know how to appropriately handle dolls and more than that know when not to handle dolls. They never touch a doll without me in the room. They each own dolls of their own now and are welcome to handle those at their leisure but never take one of my or my husband's dolls off of the shelves without asking. My youngest used to stand next to the book case that the dolls sit on and have long conversations with several of my dolls before he received his own Roger (a dz Leo). He is also great help when I am doing face-ups. With children I have found it is a simple matter of explaining that the dolls are special and need handled with care. If you don't want them to handle the dolls then put them up and tell the child they are for looking and not touching. I don't mind if my boys touch my dolls so long as they handle them appropriately, which they always have.

11. just today I brought my doll outside and sat on a bench with my cousins and neighbors... while I wasn't looking, my cousin (who is the same age as me, but a boy) grabbed her by the head like a stuffed toy grabbing claw and tried to run away with her D: So I slapped him really hard and yelled at him, even tho I know he didn't mean anything bad by it.

I wouldn't care much about sexual positions and the like, as long as they keep free of the faceups, tho. Swinging them around, threatening to punch them (<-- this happened to me today as well), and etc would probably make me want to punch someone.

12. It really does depend on the person and if you trust them with it.

I have had an incident when I was on an outing with my doll and my friend, when she asked me if she could hold him. I got a phone call walked away for not even a full minute came back and there was tar on him, TAR! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??? Anywho, I took him home right away and cleaned him up. But some how there was some in the crease of his finger nail and thats the part that got stained :...(

13. Someone threatened to punch your doll?? Why?? That's just horrifying and kind of violent. :o

14. Sadly yes, I have had people inappropriately handle my dolls - and they've been members of the community!
      At one meet last year, someone decided to handle my Talon (Spirit Doll LE Dark). She touched his face repeatedly, picked him up and carried him around against her sweaty chest, and even tried to take him outside.

The result were smudges on his LE face up and an unpleasant smell to his default outfit that lasted for some time until it was aired out and freshened up. The outfit I'm not angry about, the flaws on his face up I am, I can't get that redone and it was perfect for him. I cleaned it up a bit but if you look close you can see clearly defects on his face up.

The girl in question saw nothing wrong with it because she touches her dolls faces all the time, and I was being too sensitive about her greasy grubby hands pawing all over his face. Clearly we have completely different standards of care when it comes to extremely expensive dolls. -_-

15. *reads the few first posts in the thread*
      Ah, it was that kind of inappropriate, ahem.

Well, practically none besides my sister and I handle my dolls on a regular basis; they tend to freak out my relatives and friends, and not even my little -and very destructive- nephews and nieces want to go closer to them. But I have this friend of mine... Going watch the Harry Potter movies with her was sort of an experience, since she'd spend every scene with Alan Rickman and Daniel Radcliffe sort of... moaning. Or at least declaring her undying love for them. In a room full of adults and a few children. Anyway, I got a pair of jointed dolls for one of my dolls, and it turned out that everytime this friend dropped by to pay us a visit, I found my doll trying out different... gestures... with his hands. But nothing more than that; my brother, on the other hand, collects the Fräulein Revoltech figures (those are articulated 15cm tall dolls), and this friend of mine always tried to see how many hentai/yuri poses she could manage out of two dolls. Or maybe she'd try to organize a mass orgy (my brother has like two dozens of those dolls). Upon seeing his dolls in such "articulated" poses, he just commented, "it looks as Laura was here".

16. My grandmother was a little...rough with my doll, wanting to know how he worked and why he "cost so damn much?" Though once his hand popped off (magnetic) she was much more gentle.

My mother doesn't really understand or appreciate the hobby, but if i need her assistance in doing something the first thing she runs to do is wash her hands. I thank her for her consideration, lol.

17. I can't say too much, since I don't actually own a bjd yet, but whenever I've looked at other people's dolls, I've always tried to be as gentle as possible, although I have been known to look up skirts (I do try to ask permission first though!)

I do collect other dolls as well and I recall my first LE doll I got (I hope this is ok to mention since it pertains to the topic) I showed to a coworker after I picked him up from the post, and as she was admiring him, another coworker walked over, snatched him away, and started admiring his joints by moving them very roughly! This doll was known for sometimes having a weak neck joint and she was nodding his head quite harshly, and I nearly had a heart attack. Fortunately my first coworker quickly took him away (I was too shocked to say anything!) and he was just fine. I never did let the second girl touch any of my dolls again (even though she visited often and always wanted to see them)

18. When I let non-doll people hold my dolls I hand over the doll like I would if it were a baby. Really holding it like an infant and carefully handing it over while telling the person that "be prepared, he is heavier than you'd think". This seems to kickstart some kind of instinct with people to make them handle my dolls with care. ^^

I have had one incident that made me go wtf though.
      I had a acquaintance over and she claimed that there was "tension" between her and one of my dolls Susumu. She could "feel" that he liked her and she asked if she could kiss him.:?
      First of all, he is a doll so he doesn't like anyone, second even if we were talking about the character he is suppose to be a 3D version of, he is gay and in a relationship, thirdly and most important of all... I will not let you slobber all over my doll (she wanted to kiss his face) because your inflated ego tells you that every single male, even plastic ones, is into you.

I snagged him up before she could reach out to him and firmly said no! I explained to her that it could ruin the face up and didn't say anything else about it since I was so shocked and embarrassed. I did not let go of him and needless to say I am not comfortable with ever letting her touch my dolls again. Yeeeesh!

19. me and my fiance decided to have a day out with our dolls and we ended up at Toys R U first. we were taking pictures and some employees would stop and look....then continue walking. when we went to the check out counter (I got something ^^) the cashier wanted to know what was up with the dolls. well this is when the employees started to gather bc I'm sure they all wanted to know but didnt what to ask. The first thing out of my Fiance's mouth was the they were "Anatomically correct"...:sweat

one of the employees had my Kenji in her hands already so she decided to pull down his pants. OH GEEZ embarrassing. they all laughed at his wee wee =.= then she accidentally pulled off his head cap and freaked out because she thought she broke him. we already told them how much they cost lol thats what she gets for pulling down his pants. My finace doesn't tell people their Anatomically correct anymore. she is just used to her mom wanting to show everyone her doll's parts

:|And people think WE are the weird ones. they are the ones wanting to look at a dolls junk

20. Gahh, I accidentally did that to my fiance's doll. the Magnet was already loose tho, I wanted to help and glue it back in...I glued it in the wrong way. I felt so bad :( I took his head to my dad and he got it out. pheww...I totally would have paid to have that fixed if I had to. at least he got fixed :D