1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever inappropriately handle your doll?

Jul 4, 2011

1. I don't let strangers hold or touch my doll. Paranoid, yes, but better be safe than sorry. I only let close friends or fellow doll owners (that I know) hold/touch her.

There was a time when my Aunt who once worked in Japan came to our house to see my doll. I was just about to tell her not to touch the face when she suddenly did - with dirty hands! Good thing nothing happened to her face-up. XD

2. In my case it has been quite the opposite - other people around me are so respectful they are almost frightened to hold my doll since they are afraid that something would happen to it while handling her.. And they look frightened while I'm handling it while changing clothes, like pulling arm parts off for changing shirts... Although it's also true that I don't let just anyone near my dolls and do handle her with care myself. ^^;

But if anyone would be handling my dolls inappropriately I'd surely tell them off.

3. omg.... T_T

I have a friend who's kind of sex obsessed, so when she heard my dolls had proper anatomy, she started undressing them and groping them...omfg I was mortified. Now whenever she comes over I hide my dolls from her. I'm legitimately afraid to leave her alone in the same room as my dolls.

4. I was on the Singapore airlines passing through the x-rays and this woman (the one who passes over our things after it's scanned) decided to hold her leg and my baby went upside down (luckily she was wearing an underwear) and she flopped her back and forth and I was like :o "you crazy, woman?! imma F**KING KILL YOU!!!":evil: well..in my mind I was like that but outside I was calm and asked kindly to give it back to me.

My second worse experience was when my maid (maids are really easy to find in my moms country) decided to grab her and I mean it..GRABBED her like hell and flings her off the sky thinking that it was only a plastic made doll. And before she even dropped it into the racks, I catch-ed it and saved my baby's life.I actually shouted and said "you mother--- ugh!(didn't said the ef word) did you know how much this doll cost?!!!" I was fierce that day because I was such in a bad mood and all of a sudden my other maids started staring at me as if I never got angry before --"

5. May I ask a small and somewhat stupid question... What is the problem with picking the dolls up by the head? I'm new to the doll-world and all mine have plastic heads (frankendolls/hybrids) so I guess I just pick them up by it because it's the easiest thing to grab.

6. The reason I do not pick up my dolls by the head is because I could easily slip. Especially if you grab it over the wig. The face up is vulnerable. Sometimes the neck-mechanism or s-hook comes undone and the head falls off and that would result in the body dropping to the floor. If you pick it up and the head is tilted too far it might put strain on the neck and crack it.
      They are all made out of plastic btw.
      My illogical and over emotional side also think it looks cruel.

7. I really don't like it when strangers just suddenly start squeezing Kihona's breasts and thighs because they're soft. Sure, her breasts are Dynamite Dollfie style, so they're huge, but that doesn't give them the right to just go at it and fondle the hell out of it. At least ask 9_9.

That irks me and people just coming up and poking her face. This guy at SacAnime '11 caught me offguard and did that, so my friend stepped in and kindly explained it to him that he shouldn't be doing that because of risk of damage. When he got closer and tried to touch her face again, I gave him that "wtf" look.

8. I haven't let anyone else handle my dolls yet. XD;; I'm afraid they'll handle them wrong ahhhhh;;

9. A few of mine -like my OT (Hujoo Wings) - I don't mind because frankly, he's much more... I don't know, less crack? I can't think of the phrase. He just seems stronger. He was the first I had, so he's used to rough :sweat:
      The others, especially heavy modded, I do not like people to touch because they are fragile. Some are alright, but some people are very lead handed.
      As for sexual things... Well, I'm not a fan, especcially in a place with other people. I don't mind overly, though. A lot of my characters are someone victims though, so I don't like them being used like this.

10. Yeah, that guy was super rude. :/ If I ever see him again, we're gunna put our dolls away really fast. D:<
      And about the breasts and thighs thing, THAT WAS REALLY RUDE TOO. @.@ Why don't people think about the oils on their hands? T^T Could hurt our precious babies.

11. Well, I've taken my dolls to school with me in the past...
      And people have asked to handle them, and for the most part, I just warn them to be careful and then let them. And those people have never mishandled them (even the people I didn't talk to all that much). They would carry them like they were really delicate - appropriate - and maybe tease the wigs around a bit. Nothing more.
      A lot of the times, people would also -ask- me to take the dolls pants of so they could see his bits...always boys asking that, I really don't know why... but they wouldn't do it themselves so...

The only person who tried to mishandle my boy was someone who didn't ask or anything, and just went for his face. But I scared him off xD

12. True it does look mean and cruel. And I know Resin is a type of plastic, but my OT dolls are Pullip heads and Hujoo bodies so they're a lot less fragile than resin ones.

13. our precious babies! lol

14. You never said they were off topic dolls, you just said frankendolls so I thought you meant DD or Obitsu hybrids. The OT dolls you have are lighter so I suppose they are easier to grab by the head without the risk of hurting them. Resin types weigh a lot more.
      When you have resin BJD you will probably "get it".

15. Personally, I don't care if people put my doll in "sexually themed" positions. However, she's supposed to be that kind of short-skirted "flaunt my assets" girl. Even if she wasn't, I've just never been troubled by that sort of thing. My only exception is when children are around. I'm 22 and have no desire to be slapped with a "sex offender" label because somebody flashed my girl's... well... girls at somebody's 6 year old. Get as skanky as you like, but ONLY in 18+ company.

As for rough handling, yes, that irks me. I'm pretty rough with my girl despite her being irreplaceable (hello, MIA company and new resin. I can't even get new parts for her). I touch her with bare hands and take her grocery shopping with me. She has also had smudges removed by spit a few times. All that said, I'm her owner. When I do stupid things, I know what risks I'm taking. If anyone else did the same things to her, I would tear them up one side and down the other. I also treat other people's dolls as if they're made of glass. If it's not your property, you have no right nor privilege to screw around with it.

16. I must be selfish. I do not allow anyone to touch Karma.

17. Yesterday I brought my new bbb Ophelia to work with me. I put her in the back room, because the goal was to show her to my boss, not to actually play with her.
      I came back to get something from the fridge to find her hanging from the file shelf above the desk, tape wrapped around her neck, with her wig carefully placed on so that the tape wasn't touching it, and a group of coworkers laughing and positioning her.
      Needless to say, Violet will not be returning to work with me anytime soon, and she went back into her pillow bag soon after.

18. Holy crap Slytherclaw, I am sorry that happened to you! I would have been furious. Why do people think it is OK to do that to another person's property?

19. When handling my own dolls, I'm not really particularly careful because I know what they can handle and what they CAN'T handle, but I try to be as careful as I can with their face-ups. But I don't really like to have other people touching them. It's okay with my closest friend, since she's a doll owner herself and knows how to handle them. :) But if it was some stranger I would not to let them handle them... And if my friends wants to touch them I tell them to be very careful and to not touch their faces unless they've washed their hands. :sweat When I handle other people's dolls I'm always very careful too as I know how much the dolls mean to them.

Also, about the sexual poses and what not... It's all okay as long as it's close friends and at home. I would never allow that in public.

20. does inapporeply combing my doll's hair count?