1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever inappropriately handle your doll?

Jul 4, 2011

1. Oh no, my friends aren't jerks like that. I'm pretty sure they know what would happen if they tried though. ;)

2. Unfortunately, yes.
      My stepdad likes to take two of my dolls and put them in very suggestive positions, which I find offensive that he'd mess with my property like that (*hugs dollies*).
      And once when I was in high school, I took my first doll to school, and at lunch people took the liberty of removing his pants and showing off his "junk".

I don't think people realize how offensive or however you want to put it doing this like that can be. My dolls are my characters and I don't want my characters being exposed or forced to do things that they wouldn't do at all.

3. My boyfriend used to "examine" my generously endowed Iplehouse SID Cherie, Harley, a lot when he wanted to make me mad. He has the maturity of a twelve year old sometimes. Fortunately he also has the attention span of one, too, so he grew out of that fast, lol.

4. Only once lol My younger distant cousin, she wanted to meet him so i bought him downstairs and introduced him (doll) to her. Once i carefully handed him over she was holding him in a way you would a barbie doll -.- i really wanted to take him off her as soon as possible but her grandmother was present :( he's still in tip top shape tho thank goodness!! XD

5. I had a friend take my doll, strip him of his pants, and take a picture of his 'guy part'
      Considering this was a friend, I thought it was hilarious. She only did it so when her boyfriend went through her camera he would be all 'wtf' about it. But this had been anyone else I probably would have been really upset.

6. Sorry double post ^^

7. Well, not really but I have a story that relates. My boyfriend put my Pipos Cheshire on a ledge we have the hallway and posed him in what I like to call the "sexy beach pose". I thought it was hillarious and now when one of us walks by, we change his pose and see when the other notices. Obviously it was in good humor, and I wasn't offended :) If someone did do something inappropriate to one of my dolls, I would probably punch them ^^

8. I know this post is a couple months old, but I don't think it makes you selfish at all. BJD's are expensive and it's only natural to want to keep them in good condition.:)

9. I don't think that anyone would try to put my dolls in a "sexy" pose in front of me because I am a younger teenager and most people don't think that I know about things like that. It gets a bit annoying actually.

I have one friend who knows all about my dolls and has ordered one of her own, but always picks Tabby (my tiny) up by grabbing her face on either side by her ears. She probably doesn't even realize that she does it, but it always scares me especially since Tabby's head is kind of loose. I know that if I asked her not to she would laugh it off. :( She is a really awesome person usually, she just scares me a bit when handling my dolls.

And there was the one time where I tried these boots meant for a Barbie-ish doll only with bigger feet on Tabby and then they got stuck. My mom grabbed her ankles with a needle-nose pliers in an attempt to get the shoe off. I was horrified! Now Tabby has little divets on her right ankle. :...(

I let my seven year old sister play with Tabby and she has never been harmed/handled incorrectly. I don't let her play with my big doll though, something about her size makes me worry more about her getting broken.

10. I still have to remind my boyfriend occasionally about how fragile my dolls are. For example, he has a tendency to want to pick them up by their heads (which does not work well on a 65cm Super Gem. Heavy dolls are heavy!). He sometimes forgets not to touch their face-ups (or thinks that 'face-up' only means 'the really obvious stuff like eyelashes and eyeshadow, not the subtle stuff like blush and lip colour).

And when he helps me restring them, I sometimes wince when he rests the paintbrushes we use against the thin, fragile sculpted fur/scales/etc on the edges of some of my Soom fantasy parts. We've never had anything break so far, so I wouldn't say he's inappropriately handling them, but it's certainly not what I would do.

I also don't often bring my dolls to show my parents because, although they are very interested in them, I know I couldn't trust them not to (for example) knock over standing dolls, or not to accidentally scratch face-ups or resin. They just aren't the sort of people who 'understand' fragile things (or, at least, fragile things that aren't their own). So usually I just share photos with them, which keeps everyone happy (and my dolls safe :XD:)