1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have BJD related tattoos?

Feb 12, 2007

1. mmm, I like the idea...But I'd never have the guts to get a tattoo (I'd probably be sick of it in 20 years...which isn't good XD)

I love looking at others though! I hope there are some out htere ;)

2. Cool idea. I would love a bjd tat...no tats for me though...medical reasons, DRAT! Any way, I hope we get to see pictures!

3. For some reason I'd love and S hook tattoo somewhere XD
      It's not so much distinguisable as a BJD tattoo, but I think it'd looks cute on the ankle or something XD
      "OH it's an S hook :D"
      "Whut?"

I want a butterfly on my lower back, in reference to Hayden. He's my butterfly *gigglefluffyhugs*, and even if he is just a doll - logically speaking... he's made me very happy, and I value him in that respect. People get tattoos of the cars, hell... I can have a butterfly!!!

4. I think it would be fun to have a matching tattoo with one of your BJDs. I love the idea of an "S" hook tattoo - that's clever! I don't have any tattoos, but have been thinking about it. I like this idea. I'll have to mull it over.
      Nancy

5. I'm pretty set on getting a portrait of one of my dolls lounging on my left thigh. I just have to debate for a while over which one gets the honor. :lol: I've been thinking about it for a bit, and I can't decide at all. But they're so elegant that I can't not have a tattoo of one eventually. :)
      But I have lots of tattoos, so it's not so hard for me to decide to get another one.

6. yeah! people get their cars, bands their into, actors and actresses. why on earth can't i get something that has brought so much joy to my life tattooed on me!

7. i was actually thinking about this all day today.

Im planning on getting a full sleeve devoted to my dolls. I know it sounds a wee bit crazy, but! I want to get leona (sd emma) on my upper arm, and liz somewhere in there. Along with the rest of the gang. Im planning on doing it very portrait styled, no outline ect.

My boss and I have been kicking around this idea for the longest time. I am thinking about doing it. Your idea sounds quite lovely. I will post pictures if i get something like it (im getting tattooed this week Lol!)

8. Well, the character one of my dolls is based off of has an elaborate wing tattoo on his back that I need to put on him, and that would be what I'd do for myself if I ever got a tattoo. So I guess we'd be matching. *laughs*

9. Ha, I'm 45 and I have 7 tatoos, most of them quite large. When I was first tatooed at 20 it was a little shocking for a woman to get tatooed. Now not so much. I figure I'll be sitting around the old age home with all the other tatooed folk LOL.
      Back to BJDs I think a BJD tatoo would be amazing. I have an Alice in Wonderland that is very beautiful, it is a copy of one of the illustrations from the original book, maybe something in that style would be cool. However when I read this thread I really want to go out and get one of my blue Bambicrony Elf Pepe when I get Him/her. That could be really so groovy...Hmmm...

10. Oh man. This thread makes me want to get a BJD tattoo... o _ o I really, really like the idea of something like the Elfdoll logo, since it's a snazzy logo, anyway... Ooo...

11. Wow. *bites tongue really hard*

Yeah, sadly a ball joint tat would be really difficult because there's no way to make a ball look like anything other than a circle when you're working in 2-D, although I've spent many a night considering it.:sweat But if anyone does manage to pull it off, please post! I'd love to see even a somewhat successful attempt. And PerpetualHysteria, if you paint them on, make sure to post it!:D

12. Neat thread--I really need to get over my needle phobia. I love tatoos, but have never had the guts to actually get one done. I never even thought of a doll related design.

13. Not at all! Unless you're looking for just an outline, a decent artist can do all kinds of marvelous things with shading.

14. This is such a great topic!
      I adore tattoos and already have two. And I am planning to give my Naganori (Ren) one identical to mine on his back.
      My tattoos are both on my back which is slowly becoming a "collage" of my interests so why not throw a BJD in there too!
      I figure by the time I'm done you'll be able to know everything I'm into just by looking at my back. XD

15. Sodapop had a little lolita BJD tatooed on her calf.

16. Sorry :sweat let me rephrase. The way that ball joints are designed, it would be difficult to make the image look 3D from all angles. I guess you could put just the shape of the socket part, but that might look like a wierd line or something. Hmmm...*runs for a Sharpie to try and make it work*

17. I've been planning to get a small tattoo on the inside of my wrist for the longest time, and instead of/aswell as getting a matching one on the other wrist I'd put the other half on my doll/s. ^^

I'm really into the fake doll-joints on the elbows etc, as in REALLY. But then it might just be because it's 2 am and I should have gone to sleep already..

18. I think you could have them drawn on as they appear in the fully extended state. So for example, on the front of the knee you just have the joint line, and on the back you see the ball socket. When you're standing it should look correct, and when you're sitting you'll see the joint line (technically incorrect, but not obvious to most people) and the ball joint drawing on the back side is not visible.

19. **snicker** I've already got a few. In fact, all three of the tattoos I have match up with ones that my dolls have. I've got the same 'om' as Wren on my lower back, and Darryl and I have the same kanji on our biceps and shoulder blades. My 'om' came before Wren's (before Wren, in fact), but Darryl got his kanji before I did...mostly because I could do those myself, as opposed to having to pay someone to put them on me. **laugh**

I've got several other tattoos planned, and since I can't get them yet (money money), they're almost all on dolls right now. The only exception is the one I'm planning for my right hipbone area...it just doesn't suit any of the dolls I have. Though one of my planned dolls will have a tattoo that says the same thing, but larger and on their back instead.

I love getting inked. I makes me...happy. >_>

20. Ironically, I'm petrified of medical needles but can deal with piercings and tats relatively well.

I'm not sure I'd get anything BJD related tattooed on me, but I do like the idea of the S-hook. That made me laugh.