1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have BJD related tattoos?

Feb 12, 2007

1. Oddly I have a fear of shots. I faint when I get blood drawn. And piercing dont bother me in the least. never had a tattoo though, but I want to get one to cover up the birthmark on my tail bone.

2. (DISCLAIMER- If tattoos offend you please exit this page, this is a gnarley zombie with blood included. DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY TATTOOS! Mods if this is off topic please delete this and let me know other wise.)

Okay so i used one of my dolls as referance for a tattoo. I couldnt find anything that involved something of this topic, other than people tattooing themselves with dolls. Well heres the other side of it, someone that does the tattoos.

Many of you know I do tattoos, okay big deal. I have been fidgeting with a particular style of tattooing for sometime. Its portrait styled work, meaning it has no harsh outlines and is very soft, to achieve the most realistic look possible. Heres how this pertains to dolls.

I was trying to find a womans face with dynamic lighting and one that I could turn into a zombie. I could not find anything to suit what I was after. My customer was hell-bend on having an evil zombie girl. So I said screw it and took one of my dolls and started taking photos, and poof-tattoo material. I used the dynamic lighting how i needed, posed her exactly as I wanted and here we go-

So heres the model image. Doll- Dollstown Estella, on a Elf Doll Body.

[​IMG]

heres the tattoo

[​IMG]

she was used as a base image for this tattoo. this tattoo will be solid color and resemble something like this-

http://girly-tattoos.com/selinatattoos3.html

3. I think that's amazing!:o

4. Omg. That's fantastic! O_O

5. WOW, that is absolutely AWESOME *thumbs up*

6. I knew there was something familiar in that tattoo when I saw it on my friends list, but I just figured I was crazy. So gorgeous. I love seeing dolls used as models and bases for art.

7. Oh, that is an awesome tattoo!! Wow... How long did it take?

8. thanks guys! it took about 4 hours. thats a really large tattoo.

9. That's really cool! I've used dolls as art and tattoo references as well...good little models, aren't they? XD
      But yeah, I've been wanting to do a portrait style tattoo for a long time and have yet to do one. No one wants to be someone's 'first' portraint, y'know? ;_;
      But that is gorgeous. I also love the linked one. The colors are fierce!
      Rock on! (and yay for Mickey Sharpz, they're the only machines I'll use) :D

10. I have a tattoo on my ankle of the Bambicrony flame wings. :D

11. i mgiht be up near michigan for a guest spot, thats a little closer to you stella. i do give discounts for people that fly in! *wink wink*

thanks mizabell- it was a PAIN IN THE ARSE. If you ever get the chance take brandon bonds seminar, its worth every penny.

12. I'd love to get a matching tatoo with my doll! I'm terrified to do it again because my first one was so painful, it made me cry. >_<

13. they hurt but it also depends on where you do it, and if the person tattooing you has a heavy hand and likes to dig in. so to speak

14. just saw this thread!
      this is definitely bjd-inspired. it's a watercolor by this artist:
      http://tamaxxx.egoism.jp/

WARNING tattoo AND cleavage ahead
      [​IMG]

15. now thats freaking cool!

16. I think anything that accentuates their joints would look great.

17. Wow Girlytattoos, that's an amazing tattoo and I totally recognize an Estella in it! :D