1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have BJD related tattoos?

Feb 12, 2007

1. I've got a tattoo since few years, it represents a fairy. It's a character I like, and which makes me dreaming. It's a world I like to imagine...

And today I want to ask you if you've ever had the idea to get a portrait of your doll tattoed on your body ? Do you know someone who has done that ? Have you got pictures of these tattoos ?

You know some people tattoed portraits of their family, so I think some BJD's fans who love their BJD as a parent can do that !

I'm wainting for your answer and maybe your pictures.

Maybe you've done other tattoo linked to your BJD, like his or her name tattoed, or "lishe forever" written on your arm LOL ;) something like that

2. Is your doll's name Lishe? I could see putting a doll's personal name but not their maker in a tattoo. And there is a picture of my Xavier that is nice and could make a good tattoo.

On the other hand I'm not sure I would want a tattoo now of some of my previous hobbies. Try a henna tattoo first.

3. I've never heard of that before. I certainly wouldn't do it. Although I guess it sounds like an interesting idea, but if I ever get a tattoo, I think my BJD would be at the bottom of the list of things I'd want.

4. It would hurt and I'd rather spend the money on doll stuff. lol

5. Nope. I'd rather not. I have thought about getting Aleksei's names tattooed on me, and decided against it. I would hate having to explain who Aleksei is.

Plus, I honestly don't see myself in this hobby forever, and I'd rather not get something that is going to be with my forever concerning this hobby.

6. I wouldn't get a tattoo of a doll, if I could consider getting one at all. I have a problem putting on something I can't easily take off. I've had piercings before, and done the mendhi (henna) tattoos, but those fade. Another problem I have is I like bright colors, and being African American, the options of colors is somewhat limited.

7. Now, I think this idea is beyond silly.
      I love the dolls I have, but I don't want to be so attached that I can't change my mind, sell, and buy another. Permanent markings on my skin would create that attachment. NO!

8. I have tattoos inspired by my dolls, yes. Silly? Maybe. But whatever- I heart dolls AND I like tattoos. The end.

9. Welll if I had the money and by some wild chance of fate was able to get to America and get Kat from LA Ink to tattoo me (both because I admire her work and because she's the only one I know that would have even half a chance of making it look right lmao) then I would get a lovely soft portrait of my CP El, Kaito. Probably somewhere like down my side or towards the side of my stomach. I don't know if I'll be in this hobby forever but it doesn't really matter to me, because I love him and he has been so important to me ever since he first arrived and so blindingly beautiful that I would love to carry him with me always ^_^ Then again I also would worry that the tattoo wouldn't look as beautiful as he does :sweat I'm such a perfectionist

10. Just because you don't think it's for you doesn't mean it is a "silly" idea. I would love a BJD tatoo, I have many tatoos and one that was BJD'd themed would be fantastic. I was even thinking of doing a Volks F-01 for one, and that is not a doll that I own, I just think it is so archetypal that it would make a great tatoo.
      Silly is making proclamations about other's ideas.

11. I already know that in a couple years I have high hopes of getting a tattoo for my 21st birthday, it's simply a matter of taking this time to figure out what it will be of. I'd like it to be small, so I probably wouldn't want it to be of any of my actual BJDs, but I want the tattoo to at least mean something...and my boys most definately mean something to me. <3

I'm hoping in these next couple of years I'll be able to think of some sort of symbol or whatnot to represent them, and I do think that would work quite nicely. :) Or if worse comes to worse, my darling boy Fakia has a lovely tattoo all across his lower back, I could always just end up mirrorring him xD

12. No. No, I would not. I've contemplated tattoos, but of my dolls? No. Dolls are a hobby for me, and while I love them, I certainly would not want them permanently etched on my body.

13. I own you all- I am officially the most hardcore doll nerd in this thread right now! haha-

[​IMG]

its in refferance to a Volks Super Dollfie head plate. I was born in july in '85, and I was born in Key West. :) hence all the different stuff about it. So ya I'm crazy and I'm hardcore.

Don't like it? Then look else where.....

14. Girlytattoos-- Wow, you must be hardcore to get that. Looks like it hurt. (Yes, I'm afraid of tattoos. XD) Any reason why it's so big?

15. Renzi--it looks like it'd be the same, ratio-wise, as the actual SD tag.

Tattoos don't hurt THAT much, honestly. I had some issues with one of my pieces, because it trails onto my ribcage (OUCH OUCH OUCH!) but as long as you're not, say, putting a tat on your ribcage or other places where the bone's close with no muscle pad like behind the ear and whatnot, it really doesn't hurt too much. Ever been scratched by a kittycat to the point you bleed? Yeah, that hurts much worse than a tattoo. Promise. :)

(No doll tats here, lol!)

16. Girlytattoos - that is way cool! I really admire that you went through with something like that, I'm very impressed. :3 I'd like to have a doll-related tattoo someday, most likely something small and simple though.

17. Nope. I'm not that afraid of the pain, but I can't stand the thought of something that stays on my body forever. And I don't love dolls enough to make them part of my appearance.

18. It really was not so bad. I have issues with small tattoos. I really have a severe dislike for them. So I went big, it actually wraps around on to both sides of my neck. I think its fitting though.

Yea, thats the other reason. We tried to get it close to the ratio size of a SD sized head plate.

Ophelia is right, tattoos are not that painful. It really didn't bother me. I normally read, meditate and or listen to an Ipod while getting tattooed. I get into a very Zen like state and zone out while getting it done. It's much easier on you and the artist if you are calm and relaxed. Granted I have some serious nerve issues but I handled it overall really well. Its deffinately something most people should enjoy once in a lifetime. There honestly is nothing like it.

Thanks! I wanted to represent my love and admiration for the dolls. I get tattoos of things that are important to me and ground breaking. There are a lot of things that are emotional, ground breaking and earth moving tied with the love I have for my dolls. I could never imagine my life without them. Tattoos are a sort of memeto for me as well. I may fall out of the hobby one day but a little piece will always remain with me.

Haha! Pain is what freaks most people out, and for others its the idea of something permanent. I'm a professional tattoo artist, and I talk people into and out of tattoos all day long! Yes I actually talk people out of tattoos. Im not the kind of person that just out for money (however much it might help!) I do have a very strong spiritual connection with tattoos. Thus this is why I do talk some people out of tattoos. Being a professional tattooer I have experienced it first hand tattoos aren't for everybody! But most people that walk into our parlor come in with an open mind!:lol:

19. Dolls interfere with my tattoos, though *grin* I've had a design that I need inked for at least a year now because I decided I liked pretty resin things and that I'd spend my money on them, hahahaha. And then the next two tats I still need to have designed, eee...

Honestly, though, I was scared of my first tattoo because of the thought of pain. My wonderful local artist assured me that my various piercings hurt a heck of a lot more than what he was about to do. And you know what? He was right. And the pain has a point--you have permanently decorated your body in a way you love. (All my tattoos, planned or inked, have waited at least one year from dreaming it up to inking it, just to be really sure I want them. Hasn't failed yet. ^_^) I agree with Girly about the tattooing process itself being rather spiritual...all my tattoos mean something very important to me.

Jury's still out on a dolly tat...I've never really thought about it before, and I have no idea what I'd get, so...none for me right now, please. ^^

20. Wow, Girlytattoos, thats awesome! I don't think I would ever be brave enough to do that (I'm a conbination of both fear of pain as well as having a permadent picture on me).

My friends dressed up as a barbie doll for halloween with a group of people (there was Kelly, Ken and Barbie) a few years ago. They all used sharpies to draw the trademark sign of the back of their neck. It was really funny! :lol: