1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have BJD related tattoos?

Feb 12, 2007

1. I found that having too much caffeine before tattooing made it more painful, while good hydration made it better, that one should eat something but not too much beforehand, and that proper breathing is VERY important. The sensation isn't like getting stuck with a hypodermic needle at all; it felt to me like I was a piece of glass getting etched with an electric wheel. I can't think of a BJD tattoo I'd want to have at the moment, but I am still, three years after the end of the series, mightily tempted to get Izumi Curtis' flamel tattoo from "Fullmetal Alchemist"!

2. This makes me want to go and add another tattoo idea to my list.. I think even something small would be cool, like doing one of my pinkies all "jointed" would be cute. Although I love the idea of the "S" hook.

Gah! Ideas!!

3. cutekittami- Ball Jointed Alice's art is beautiful, I love the tattoo she designed. <:

4. Shouldn't it be 85/07 though? XD

Very nifty work.

5. I'm not going to be able to get one for a couple years,

But my family hates the idea of me getting pierced other than my ears, or a tatoo other than on my ankle...

I've talked and planned plenty of things over the past year, now I want a doll one,

Not pursay a portrait, maybe and S hook or the word 'Dollface' somewhere since thats a loving nick-name from my father :)

6. Girlytattoos you rock! You might be the only 1/1 size superdollfie.

A couple of years ago I got a tattoo -- it took lots of time to research it and get it right and it is very symbolic for me - it is of a stylized girl wearing a flowing dress and now I think about it, she looks a quite a bit like a bjd even though I had never even heard of them at the time.

Oh no, now I want to get a bjd that looks like my tattoo!

7. Hehe doesnt it always work out like that! Dolls always absorb all of your funds!

Thats so cute, yea like stated before it isn't for everybody!

8. Hehe, caffeine and tattoos deffinately don't mix. Most people forget to breathe, I usally just zen out into my own little world. Your idea sounds cool! Hopefully you can post it, granted its not too off-topic!

I originally had planned the "S" hook idea. But I saw one of my girl's head plates and thought this would be a lot more meaningful instead. So I did it like a crazy person! hah Jointed joints are always cool looking even if it is on a finger!

I love that design!

She did an awesome job too!

We considdered that. But that is a HUGE pet peeve I have about the Volks head plates. Yea I am freakishly weird about things like that! I knew I would have a fit everytime I saw it, so I did it the American way! hahaha

Doll face is just a cute saying over all. I wanted to get it some where. I talked about it for on my knuckles but I already have stars on my fingers so it might pose a challenge! When you get it post it. I'm sure we will all still be here!

Haha! Thanks im a 1/1 Bjd. We call a friend of mine, Krista that. Shes always giggling about that. Symbolic tattoos are always powerful and have fantastic meaning to them.

9. i had been thinking of doing something similar, but the joints would get in the way of my other tattoos. instead, i'm going to get stitching round my elbows and knees.
      i probably will get a BJD related tattoo in future. i've already got the rest of my hobbies tattooed on me so why not the most in-depth one too?
      i will go have a browse on bodymod.org to see if there are any on there.

10. Girlytattoos - shouldnt the plate be on your back of head , not on neck ? Nice idea , but I think it's much too big , too shaky letters , and it should be done on back of head. never seen a dollfie with plate on neck >_<

11. Woah, all of these ideas are awesome!
      Tattoos really aren't for me personally, but I still love looking at them. I was also considering doing the painted-on "ball joints" like PerpetualHysteria. It sounds like it would be fun XD

12. Girlytattoos- That's so great! I love the idea, and it turned out so well!

13. hehehe i love the S-hook idea, made me smile xD

i have one tattoo, a small pentagram on my wrist, but no bjd related tattoo and at the moment i don't think i would get one, but who knows about the future.
      if i would get one it would be something very small, and like some people said something similar like the elfdoll logo, but maybe posed in some way that i liked...

14. Tattooed ball joints would be creepy. To me.

15. Ball-jointed Alice, is that Marti? Looks like her work to me, am I mistaken?
      Eh I am dying to get a BJD tatoo, but I keep buying flipping dorries. They eat up all my expendable $$. Maybe I'll steal Girlytatoos when she comes here for Dolpa LOL.

16. Stella Maris- Yes, Ball-Jointed Alice is Marti. :>

17. What i really want to do along this line is have someone tattoo me, then have then draw the same tattoo on my dollie. I want Dark and I to have the same tattoo in the same scale, maybe even using the same stencile. For him, it would be a big text piece spreading from shoulder to shoulder, and for me, it would fit on the inside of my wrist or above my belly button.

18. Oh, yes, that's a nice idea, and one I wish I could try out. The closest I'm getting to that is that Zenshin's 3D wings (she's a karasu tengu) should resemble the raven wings I have tattooed across my shoulders and upper back, black with blue and/or purple highlights. I'm anxiously waiting for the artist to finish them!

19. Keeping up with this thread and with my 19th birthday less than 2 weeks away it's getting unbelievably tempting to just say screw waiting until I'm 21 and get a tattoo now. xD Luckily the fact that I still don't know exactly what the symbol I want is will certainly keep me from jumping the gun. x3 I think I'm definately going to be sketching out some ideas soon...really wish I knew a tattoo artist now >.<