1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone notice a size difference in Luts CP Delf boys??

Dec 7, 2005

1. Your Chiwoo IS adorable!!!! :D

(Your El is wonderful, too, but I always like Els!)

This thread is very interesting! I have an El (elf) that I bought in '04, but no newer boy to compare him to...

I wonder if all the new bodies are taller? Maybe do a height measurement of the body and arms and legs, and total height of body--and then we can compare!

2. April I just added total height measurements to my original post. Maybe you and some other CP owners can compare for me?

3. yup, my El is the same as your new Chiwoo, maybe it has to do with the new Delf they are making...?

4. As far as the special body, I understand the mistake, I think..

He said it's the same body that comes with 'El Special' meaning... it's the (El) special body XD;;; oops!

5. Ohhhh, that would make sense.

Wonder if they were sitting there thinking "Why the heck are all these people asking what's different about the body?" XD

6. Wait a second... is that how tall they are? Am I having a stupid moment here or something, because my EL's only 24 inches tall. o.o

7. XD I think Asato made a silly typo. I really doubt her El's head is 19 inches. XD

For the record, I just measured Ryou, and he's exactly 24".

He WOULD! The only reason I'm hesitating is because I wouldn't know what to name him. Terazuma's a bit of a mouthful and I've already got a doll named Hajime! Though I HAVE been debating on changing his name.... WAHH! Dilemma! ;o;
      And yes! YnM meet! :D

8. OMG I feel like a dumbass!
      I fixed the measurements. I was using a fabric tape measure and measured from the wrong end.

9. I have to be a dork and be very amused as how that one picture reminds me of the picture from one of the artbooks where the caption is like "If Hisoka had continued to grow" or something. He looks so smug being taller than Tsuzuki. XD

Randomly on-topic but also still amazingly off-topic... Now I want a Yami character doll. :(
      Maybe they can cosplay one day. XD My dreaming Shiwoo can be Touda. *-*

10. I am curious what picture that is now! I wasn't aware there was such a caption!! I have to see that!
      And you guys are all making me so happy with the talk of other Yami dolls! Now I really do want to have a group photo of the whole cast! XD

11. http://www.obsessive-compulsive.org/omgwtfhisoka.jpg
      TA DA! :D

But he'd need like... a Souldoll body. *slobbers* :drool:wiggle:love

12. *____* You just made my day! I have never seen that! Thank you SO much!!! Now I kinda like the fact that he's bigger! I don't think Asato is real happy about it but he'll adjust! XD

13. LOL! That makes sense then. X'D I couldn't figure out how you got that measurement because it didn't make sense that it was just a 'typo'. Don't worry, I make stupid mistakes ALL the time. 8D

I have the artbook that's in!! X'D Priceless.

14. Well, their "boy parts" look exactly the same size.... :lol:

15. I'm smitten by your Chiwoo. He's so adorable.

16. XD Yay! I don't have to go dig out the book and scan it. :D

And wow... you're right. Maybe he can't be Touda afterall. XD He'll be Kijin or somebody. Kijin is so cool... :\

OMG. My Chiwoo can be Hijiri! XD

....I am way too amused with this. Sorry.

17. Hmm...well I just measured Ahriman's body, and he's just about one month old, without his head he's the same height as your Chiwoo, 21.25 inches.

So maybe your El's body was cast from an older mold, whereas Chiwoo was from a new one? I don't think I've ever heard of that though. How strange!

18. I have two guesses:
      1/ El's body was cast from an older mold (because silicon shrinks, etc. etc.)

2/ Maybe they changed the resin? Because some types of resin have a larger shrinkage than others, so maybe the older resin shrank more than the new one?

*shrugs* Ah well. *plots for CP boys* X3

19. Kivara has Decided to cosplay as Tatsumi -and- Byakko this year at Animazment -sigh- I always thought Chiwoo would be smaller than El, but apparently this is not the case? I was thinking of getting a Chiwoo in the future, but now I don't think I will. He's too big, and I wanted him to look delicate and small.

20. Oh thats exciting to hear!! My boys will be at AZ as well as Hisoka and Tsuzuki! Must...take...pictures!!
      I thought it would bother me that Chiwoo was bigger but I'm actually OK with it. I had narrowed it down to a Volks Michael or Chiwoo. Michael would have been the appropriate size but I am not nearly as fond of his face. However I find Chiwoo so beautiful that the size difference just isn't an issue with me anymore.
      I'll be looking foward to AZ alot now!