1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own a UniDoll? Review please

Sep 25, 2006

1. Just ordered a man-elf (UH-08) and cannot wait until he gets here. Now I need to save for the girl. I sent PP - does Uni email they received payment and do they let you know when the doll ships?
      Thanks again to all of you, your dolls are gorgeous!

2. Uni sent acknowledgement, 2 to 4 weeks - waiting is the hard part

3. Gypsydale, thanks much for the linkage. :aheartbea ing UH-14. She's gorgeous.

4. The resin is not a match with my small Narin and my UH-08 - if I can get a decent pic of their hands together tonight, I will. The tanned Narin is pinker, I believe, but that's my memory telling me that. And I agree - the green eyes make him so human...well, for an Elf, anyway! :lol:

5. My boy came in 3 weeks, to the day! :)

6. I have an 06 and he's wonderfull. The resin they use is beautiful, and resin isn't something I notice as much...but man, he has this wonderfull warm glow to him. I went ahead with a company faceup, since it was included in the cost and it turned out beautifull--lovely eyebrows and lower lashes (I have a weird thing about lower lashes). He also came with a bathrobe, a wig, and an extra set of hands.

The company was great to deal with. I had trouble ordering, because my computer and their website didn't get along and they were very helpfull. they contacted me when they realized they would be shipping him later than expected. He was also very well packaged--there was a foam insert cut in the shape of his body to hold him in place while traveling. A bomb could've gone off and not dislodged him, lol.

I'm overall very impressed with Unidoll : )

7. Fallon came in two weeks! I win. He even came like 3 or 4 days before they estimated him to even be sent out.

8. Ha- I forgot you DO have a tan Narin, Steph. Now that I think of it you own almost every doll I want, down to the skin tone o_O I would definitely like to see a comparison if you get a chance to take one.

9. How exciting. for some reason i like the girl 02 I think she's absolutly lovely.

It's really nice to hear that unidoll is a cool company.
      ( Does anyone else love the furry green boots?)

10. god I love the UH-08 :(

11. This is my cute boy. He does not look like official pics, actually more childish in my opinion ^-^
      [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

12. Are there photos of your 06 anyplace? I would love to see.

Winniebaby - beautiful photos of your 08. Mine should be here within another month or so. I'm glad to hear he seems a little younger in person.

Thanks,
      Kathi

13. I have a UH13, and her posing and sculpt is so beautiful.
      the only two little things that bug me are:
      1) one of her eye sockets is a bit smaller than the other.
      2) her feet are a little too small- makes it hard for her to stand sometimes.

but none of these things make me regret getting her, she is enchanting!

14. My Natalya arrived yesterday.....6 weeks to the day after I ordered her, and a broken pinky finger. Unidoll will send another hand, though. They are VERY fast with the email responses.
      I hear you on the eyesocket thing, but her hair covers it mostly.

[​IMG]

:)
      Michelle

15. Can anyone give more details or a closeup that shows the eye size disparity in Unidoll13? I love, love, love that face, but I do not see a size difference in the eyes though I've looked at a number of owner photos and the official photos. How big of a difference is it?

Thanks!

16. this shot may help. if not i will try to take some for you later, just let me know:
      [​IMG]

her left eye, (our right) is a little smaller.

17. It appears that UH-08 and UH-13 are the most prevalent...

[​IMG]

18. Ah, thanks! I think see it now, but it is a very slight difference so I don't really mind. ^__^ Most human faces are slightly asymmetrical anyway.

19. Oh my goodness. Let me say that I am in love. My Ruci (full set) and my UH 13 are the most gorgeous girls in the world. I am reminded of Botiicelli and the Renaissance when I look at my girls---truly, works of art. Fine sculpting of features, wonderful resin, great posabilty (stands on own) and a beautiful, natural fleshy tone. If there is a sculpt you admire, do not hestitate. Both of my girls were painted to perfection. The dolls arrived with pink robes and wigs and arrived fairly fast. I have the UH 08 on order too and I would like all of them. The quality and service will not disappoint.

The doll is slightly larger than the Custom House Ai girls. All my costumes for my SDs and Sd13s fit. Great company. So glad I took the plunge.

KC

P.S. I will post pictures later. Dark here and no good lighting.

20. I have UH-17, and I love him. Not very many of them have been made yet... I have an early number and I ordered him in June. I received him in August.

The resin is fantastic. A bit on the yellow side even when new, the french resin has a very luminous quality. The seams are very slight.

When you see lines in the faceups on the stock photos, look closely, many times those are actually sculptural details. They are just wonderful!

The boy body is in between Volks SD and SD13 sizes. I stood all three of them next to each other at a meetup and he stood squarely in the middle of them height wise.

Here is a comparison of the UH-17 and a modded UH-14 (and modded UH-08 head) The bodies are the limited girl and boy bodies, I am not sure of the female's bust size.

[​IMG]

The only beef I have with them is the boy feet are a bit big. They don't fit in SD sized shoes, and SD13 ones are iffy at times. I don't know about the girl feet.

Boy feet on the left, girls on the right.

[​IMG]