1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own a UniDoll? Review please

Sep 25, 2006

1. Have to second the quality of the packaging, my Ark was the most well-packed doll I've ever gotten!
      The knee joints do lock into place like a dream, I only wish the arms would do so too, they don't hold a very outstretched pose well at all. His feet are huge, but other than that, love love love!

2. I have the Unidoll F14 elf girl. I have to say she is fantastic. She is so beautifully detailed, her sculpt is gorgeous down to the bones in her neck, hands and feet, clavicle, everything. And her face is lovely. They don't come blank and I was planning to wipe her faceup as soon as I got her but I couldn't bring myself to do it she was so pretty, and the faceup so detailed. I can't recommend Unidoll enough, superb quality.

Here are a few of my miserable photos of her, just to try to show how lovely she is, my Ignatia,

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

3. I can't say enough nice things about Unidoll. 9 of them live here. Their resin is unlike any other, it absolutely glows & has a warm peachy tone. All of mine have stood right out of the box, nothing needed. The body sculpts are lovely, both male & female, very detailed & realistic. But it's really the faces that get me. There's such a wide diversity of looks from almost stern looking to wide eyed innocence, each is an individual character. They really are some of the nicest dolls available.

4. My Unidoll boy body (Jace) is the best body I've ever seen. It stands magnificently with awesome balance. With a bit of sueding, he can hold some great poses and he looks fabulous. Totally happy with him.

5. I have a Unidoll Ark..which has the Jace body....packed in foam, stood straight from the box...he is heavy! I thought my hound was heavy..was I wrong.... my Ark has a little blemish on one of the legs in the resin, like it didn't mix properly but that's ok..its his beauty mark...not that he wants to be known as beautiful....
      it months for him to arrive..I ordered him in the spring and he didn't arrive until July.

I ordered the jointed hands when they came out in the spring from Dolls and Friends...and finally gave up waiting and asked for a refund this month.. I wasn't too happy about it...Undidoll needs to get on the stick to ship quicker..

6. Jace does stand very well by himself, very sturdy and the most beautiful male body especially his legs, and the face is just so striking! I ordered the jointed hands from Featherfall here in Canada and got them right away.

7. Whoa 9 Unidolls! Now that is impressive. I would love to see a picture of them all together! They all have beautiful faces.

8. Hi :)

Not sure in what forum to ask this question, sorry if it´s wrong.

If anyone have a Unidoll, how are they with posing, joints and such? They look so wonderful.

Since I have Fariylands dolls, I guess I am a bit spoiled by those awesome poses they can do. :)

9. ooh i would be interested in knowing too cause i really want punky Cupi ^^

10. jenink Cupi is soo cute :)

11. Unidolls only come in large (56cm,62cm,67cm) or tiny sizes (30cm), so you need to ask in one of those sub-forums. If you search, you'll find there are already threads devoted to Unidoll sculpts both places.
      The mini dolls sub-forum is for dolls between 35cm and 49cm.

12. Moving this thread to Large Doll Discussion.

13. good question!!!

14. My Unidoll, a UH08, is my best stander, a wonderful poser, and one of my top dolls for how well he's made. He just about stepped out of the box. A wonderfully engineered doll, with gorgeous resin (French Resin) and lovely sculpting.

15. At this point I now have two, still have Ignatia my adorable girl, and I also have the first run of the Dark Magician Jace, who is my Harry Dresden. I agree with Steph, some of the most artful realistic sculpting I have seen on a doll.

16. I have Rowena, a Unidoll RealGirl Suri, and she stands and poses very well. Extremely solid poser. Her collarbones were a bit high and sharply sculpted, so I sanded those down when I got her, same for her nipples ( I didn't need her poking holes in her dresses!) and her resin is rather yellowtoned compared to any of my other dolls, which is why a golden blonde wig hasn't worked the way I want it to on her no matter how I blush her. She just doesn't want to be bright-blonde all the time, I guess. Her build is athletic and she has an ample bustline, which means she wears SOOM SuperGem sized clothes.

17. I have Dalia and she's wonderfull. She poses very well, have a nice sculpt and I very impressed of how different she can be. I'm the second owner, so her resin yellowed a bit, but it makes her asian face more relistic.

18. I won the Berkut and he is the most amazing male doll I have ever seen. Stood rock steady out of the box, holding his arms in whatever position I put them in. Wonderful, heavy resin with a great glowing quality to it and the face-sculpt is VERY manly, not at all girly. I cannot enthuse enough about this company.

19. I have now got 3 - a French resin UH-08 (the elf man) who I longed for finally came to me 3rd hand and was very much worth the wait. He's quite obviously the forerunner of Jace and Ark, but less angsty (more thoughtful looking). His shorter stature does not take away from his appeal in the least. Like others have said, he's a rock solid poser. One of his seller's friends described him as "an heirloom doll," which I thought was right on the money. They *almost* don't make 'em like that any more!

The Dahlia, who has been patiently awaiting her chance to be photographed in her character, is one of the most stunning female dolls I've ever seen. She has a lovely, mature face - friendly and open - and an absolutely beautiful body sculpt. I haven't done much with her yet but it doesn't matter - she can just sit here and be gorgeous if she likes! She's "womanly" without looking either matronly or like something out of a shonen manga; and yet she could pull off just about any look, I think.

And I just received my urethane UH-03 girl. I am so thrilled to have this doll. She's very floppy at the moment, but even so, stands just like a rock. With a little tweaking she's going to be outstanding. Her face is what intrigues me, though, as it is very unlike most of the female sculpts we've seen from companies recently. I wish I had words for it - she's gorgeous without looking like she was made from the cookie-cutter mold. Not "cute," not "pretty," but stunning nonetheless.

The commonality to all three dolls is their engineering, as others have said. They are very skillfully made and a joy to hold.

20. Agree on that one. I absolutely love my Luken! (Ark) He, too, stood right out of the box. Only thing about him is that he won't hold his arms up but I don't mind that. I also noticed no obvious yellowing on him, yet. Got him last year in April and he's been sitting around in full sunlight all the time. He might have yellowed but the resin was kinda yellowish to start with and if he's yellowed, it's nothing even nearly as bad as my Morgan (NS Akando) where the colour-change in the resin that's exposed to sunlight is all too visible.

Only thing I'm wishing for is that Unidoll offered more clothes for their UniReal boys. It's a bit hard ro find clothes for Luken that fit and don't have to be changed, especially pants.