1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own a UniDoll? Review please

Sep 25, 2006

1. I'll just add to the Unidoll love here and say that I adore my UH-08 - he's my only "man" doll and I'm really pleased overall with him. He poses beautifully and has a wonderful face-up. I got him second-hand, and he has some yellowing from before I got him, but I don't see any other change since he's arrived - but it wouldn't matter, as I have no plans to rehome him. :)

2. When my Shinichi arrived he had a damaged head cap, the magnet piece that holds the resin was a clean break and he did not have a face protector on. My hubby was able to use clear epoxy to fix him and it looks good as new. Other than that he is a beautiful doll and stands wonderfully. Not much head movement unless I use a donut piece, his arms are strung loose, but I still love him. Hope they send their dolls better packaged with more protection.

3. I hope you wrote to them derilan85, that is really nuts to send something that delicate packaged that carelessly.
      I have bought two dolls right from them and luckily they were packaged really well.
      I am glad that your boy could be fixed. Aren't husbands useful?

4. Stella Maris- Yeah hubby was cool about it after he fussed about how much I spent for the doll, just to have it arrived f'ed up as he put it. No I did not write to them, I should have, but then they would have made me send the head back and his faceup is just to wonderful, who knows how they would have sent him back to me.:sweat

5. I never noticed this thread ^^

I've got Ark now for 2 years. He is very but nicely yellowed. I noticed this when I bought a pair of new hands and a second Ark head, how yellowed he was. He did got some problems with his resin, there are some clear white spots on his hands and marbling on his arms and torso. Hence I ordered new hands. Unidoll resculpted the fingernails of the hands without noticing. So that was a unpleasant surprise to me.

Ark is a stiff poser and limited in poses. I hate the hidden double joints in his arms with a passion. But he stands like a rock and sits very solid. And his sculpt....is just amazing! ^^ With all the problems he is still my number one. Yep, I'm very happy with him.

At the moment I'm awaiting a Unilimited Uh-03. She is a bit lost in the mail, but Unidoll was very helpful to track her down. I will come back for another review about my girl.

6. A few of the older comments (looks like from 2007) in this thread mention the problem of finding suitable shoes. Besides the obvious, shoes offered by Unidoll, has anyone come across another company that offers shoes that will fit the Unireal boys - in particular Jace?

And another quick question - I see a lot of the sculpts referred to by their number i.e Uh-01. Is this how the Unidolls are commonly referred to in discussions?

7. For shoes Luts Senior Delf Boy shoes fit my Shinichi especially the boots that are more than 8-9cm long, make sure they are wide enough as well since their feet are wider too. Unidoll has always seem to put numbers for certain heads UH-1,2,3...etc so it's just a type of mold number, but you can always ask them. The earlier numbers were for Limited dolls that were made with French Resin years ago, they did a very limited run of those dolls in Urethane resin this past December and so many folks jumped on that deal. Those were very unique face molds and bodies used then which made the company stand out as their slogan says.

8. Volks SD 17 shoes fit just fine, and also the less expensive ones you can find on Evil Bay for that size.

9. Ah, thank you both.

10. Another question for current owners - posability of Unidolls. ( I saw the other thread about the girl Unidolls but this one is a bit more active) I seen posts that they stand really well but is there a definite need to suede?

*This is how I will pass the time waiting... ask a bazillon questions.:lol:

11. I can't speak for Unidoll's girl dolls, but I definately would recommend sueding for the unireal boys. Their limbs are heavy, so it's hard to keep them posed for long without some type sueding or wiring.

12. Ah, good. Thank you! I took advantage of the uncombined event and figure it's better to do the sueding (if it was necessary) before I put Jace together.

13. It will depend on every body I think. And experience matters too. I have only hotglued suede the shoulders and the left knee of my Ark. The left knee had a bit more space between the sockets. And he is strung tight, which help with posing too. He can hold a pose on standing on one leg with the other leg bend up high. Will show the picture ;)

I've got the body now for more then two years and discovers still more poses he can do.

14. Is anyone else having issues with Yellowing? I mean noticeable issues with a Unidoll Normal skin urethane doll? Rowena isn't even a year old yet and when I got her she was quite a bit yellower than my other dolls from other companies, but I could deal with it. Now she's been slowly turning the color of butter. I'm going to give her some of the treatments mentioned in the Aesthetics forum, but has this happened to anyone else?

15. No so far my Shinichi has not turned a yellow color and the new Jace head I got is the same color pale with yellow undertone. I don't know what color Unidoll normal resin is suppose to be, but it is very different from other companies.

16. Yep, it happened to my Ark. He is more then 2 years now. But I love how the yellowing turned out. Like he got an evenly tan. :)

Here next to my very newly Unidoll Uh-03. She looks very white next to Ark now XD But both are made from the same resin. It is almost not believeable XD
      [​IMG]

Yellowing is pretty normal. In time the resin will lose his pigments. I think red was the first one that decades?

17. Yeah, but see, Rowena was bought just barely a year ago now, and she's buttery looking. I guess it hasn't happened to anyone else? Well, I can give a full body cleaning and whitening treatment a shot.

18. My Ark sometimes looks kinda yellow to me. Sometimes, he doesn't. I got him in 2008 - and got extra hands for him not even half a year ago. They didn't look much whiter than the original ones ...

19. My Jake appears a bit yellow but with all his body blushing it is hard to tell.I love how he stands so I usually keep him standing
      mostly because his pants are so tight.
      I am still in love with this guy he was my first male bjd I bought him in 07

20. I just got my Unidoll Lily and Dalia heads in Feb and the resin is quite yellow. I don't know if the heads had been cast for some time and were sitting around or what, but I was expecting them to have some pink in the resin. Unfortunately it doesn't show in photos so I can't show what I'm talking about.