1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia Dolls - Wait Times?

Jun 4, 2010

1. rowan~ My package was shipped within the US. I bought my items during the free shipping event, so I didn't pay shipping. The package return address was from Spain, unfortunately, I already disposed of the box, and I don't remember what it was. Sorry! :doh

2. It seems that the dress I bought in the beggining of the year is finally coming. My Yumi will be very happy with her new outfit. During the waiting process, Arcadia Dolls was always polite and answered all my emails. :)

3. We're still looking for anyone who has ordered from Arcadia dolls and has not received their order. If you are one of the people affected, here the thread for you!

Strow - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

missmeg - Finally! I think yours is the earliest order - from the beginnig of January. I certainly hope Arcadia thinks to send you a gift for your patience. We are now in the 10th month since your order. You've been amazing patient.

Anya'sMom - I am thrilled you order has arrived.

It turns out that using a Spanish return address on a domestic or internatiional package sent through the US Post Office is a for of mail fraud. Please let us know if the packages continue to have a Spanish return address. If they do, it would be helpful if you kept the envelopes until everyone has their order. Let us know when your order arrives and whether the return address was properly written.

I've added that information to the website. Here, for completion, is the link:
      http://web.me.com/deercott/Acadia_Dolls_Contract/Breach_of_Contract,_The_Introduction.html

4. Yays, my package has promptly arrived today!! :) The "Twilight Garden" dresses that I bought are in the correct size and are beautifully made, so my dolls and I are very happy with the product. ^^ Now to wait for the remainder of my order!

Regarding the improving communication with Arcadia Dolls:

- After my last post saying I didn't know how my order was being split, Licanen immediately sent me an email detailing which items were going to be included in each shipment. That was nice.

- A tracking number was provided for me this Monday.

- And it was shipped from within the US, even though the return address is in Spain. Like Anya'sMom, I also placed my order during the free shipping event, so I didn't have to pay for shipping. If it's indeed mail fraud like rowan said, perhaps Arcadia Dolls should be advised to change their address labels and shipping rates policies. :S

5. I received my order today and everything seems to be perfect. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope your orders come through soon as well and thanks to rowan for all her time and work she's put into helping everyone get their items.

6. Recieved first part of my order today. Two items out of three are in wrong size, but when I wrote Licanen about it, she answered REALLY fast, like, 15 minutes later, and said that she's really sorry, and she'll do her best to make those items in right size asap and ship it with my pending outfit. As for items in wrong size, she said I can keep them as their apology. It was REALLY nice of her, because those items (dress and pettycoat) are beautiful and well done, just as the shirt that arrived in right size. So, by now, I am softening to arcadia, because it seems Licanen is really doing her best to complete our orders as fast as possible and leave us satisfied.

7. I am very frustrated. I bought one in oufit in May, has not arrived. Arcadia sent me an email on september 24th saying it had be sent. It was a very expensive clothe to not receive a tracking number, hope it arrives this week, is my deadline to waiting.Ouvir
      Ler foneticamente

8. I just got a shipping notice, complete with tracking number. It's not working yet, but I have hope.

Also, it may be interesting for you to know that it is a US tracking number.

9. I have also gotten an email saying my order is complete and has been shipped. Will post again when I have it here.

10. Can I ask a question? (it may be a little OT)
      I want to purchase from Arcadia when they come back (if they do), and thought that I would register an account whilst waiting, but I can't seem to do so. Is this because of the store being closed or should I just try on someone elses computer?

11. Yay! I received my two orders, and Im very pleased with the outfits.

This issue is closed for me now. Im heartily sorry that Arcadia Doll ran into such difficulties, and that there were so many delays for everyone; but Licanen seems to have gotten herself back on track and is sending out her orders.

I wish everyone good luck with the receipt of their outfits. I know this has been a trying experience for many of us, but I have no doubt that if and when Licanen opens Arcadia Dolls again, if there is an outfit I love, I will order from her again.

12. I received my two SD outfits today. They were posted from the US. They are OK. I wish I could say I was thrilled but maybe the nearly 8 month wait has just soured the whole deal for me. The outfits are well made. To be honest for the price I would have expected overlocking on all raw edges on the inside of the garments and they are not all overlocked (the T-shirts are made form a thin stretch cotton so maybe it can't be overlocked). A few of the seams could have been neater. Other than that the jackets are beautifully made and have lining in the torso part (not the sleeves). I wish the pants had been lined as well. I have always loved Arcadia photos and the look of the clothes in them but the whole experience has been negative and I don't know if I ever want to buy from them again. I hope they get through their troubles though and wish them all the best.

13. I just forgot to say a couple of things about my order.

The outfits I got are a bit different than what is pictured - the sleeve length on the jackets are not 3/4 like pictures but full length. Also I was told by Arcadia in an email "You will receive a gift of thanks for waiting" and there was nothing. No big deal but it would have been nice. Anyhoo that's the end of my wait and order. Good luck to anybody still waiting.

14. I ordered on the 30th of April and after several emails back and forth on the 29th of Sept Licanen emailed that my order would be sent out the 3rd week of november. I ordered a complete Lolita type outfit with Blouse-Skirt-Petticoat-Pantelettes-Stockings-headdress.

I really really really want this outfit so although I've been nervous about the wait as long as they communicated with me (touch and go there for a few weeks) I was willing to wait. Now I'm excited and waiting to see my long longed for outfit. Will update after I've received it.

15. My order is finally fullfilled now! Received my pending outfit and dress&petticoat in right size yesterday. Items are very well made and lovely. I am satisfied with them, and happy that this transaction is finally complete. I am not sure if I'll ever deal with Arcadia Dolls again, but I might, someday. If I really fell in love with some outfit of theirs, or something. By now I'll just enjoy my longawaited outfits xD
      Good luck for everyone who's still waiting!

16. I bought from Arcadia on 2 separate times and originally had great communication with them. This time, not so much. I've been waiting on 2 outfits (multiple pieces) since April 12, 2010.

I must say that I'm not impressed that they've had time to make some outfits for ebay (june 25), design some new outfits (june 5), etc ... while people are waiting on orders. Plus they had a sale in June.

Also, this time, I am finding that they're very slow to communicate back and I'm not getting email replies. I actually had to pm them. I guess I'll wait and see, like everyone else ...

17. Well, I finally received my April 30th order this week. The outfit was well made and I really really wanted it so although I didn't appreciate the long wait I am Happy to finally get it. Would I order from them again? If it was something already in stock I would...... If it was something to be custom made I'm just not sure. Anyway good luck to everyone still waiting.

18. Just an update on my order...I got it yesterday and it fits my Elfdoll Soah perfectly and the quality is great. I think I ordered it in July or August...and though the wait was long, I was greatly relieved when I did get the communication about it when I entered this thread. I'm glad it's here now and my girl can enjoy it. Good luck to those still waiting.

19. Wow It's been 8 month and I may get my stuff on xmas... Is there any other people that have waited this long just to have some clothes?

20. I am still waiting. I got a message in September saying my order (for three outfits) was scheduled to be done at the end of November. I haven't received anything so far. I just e-mailed to check on it.