1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia Dolls - Wait Times?

Jun 4, 2010

1. Yeah this is just great. If Id now that it would be taking so long to just have some clothes I wouldn't bother my self buy. I mailed to AD month ago asking if I can a) have my stuff b) ore get my money back. The replay was answered rude way and didn't had any concrete info when my stuff would be done. And AD didn't see giving back my money as an other option.

2. Efoto, same here. If I only knew... AD is not a serious business. The clothes may be pretty, but there are many other companies that also sell amazing stuff and that know how to treat their clients. We do not need to put up with their rudeness and lack of effectiveness. Never again!

3. Still no stuff ore info about the clothing... way to go Arcadia.

4. And the website has not changed yet. I am afraid we will see a sign of "out of business" soon. Good job, Arcadia!!!

5. Ok, so what do we (The people who didn't had their stuff) do then? O_O;;; Cuz 200e is kinda big money.

6. Any news? Did you get your stuff? I hope you did! Now you know the lesson: never trust Arcadia dolls again!

7. As far as I know, they closed in order to catch up with all the orders... CH did something similar after receiving lots of complaints about important order delays with dolls.

8. Well it has been a year sins I made the order. AD e-mailed my last time on Christmas and they promised my to send the doll stuff on new year. Sins then they didn't answer my 2 new e-mails.
      In my last e-mail ( posted last month) I ask to return my money already. I don't see any change to have my stuff back cuz they never answered on both e-mails. So I think it's better to inform people that AD is not safe to make deals anymore.

9. Im so sorry you have not received your order, and Arcadia Dolls is not responding to your e-mails.

10. Arcadia Doll sent my order! I ordered two outfits in May '10, then added another in June '10. In October they sent an e-mail saying they should get the order filled by November. I sent them an email around Feb.'11 asking about it. They said my order was soon to ship... and then it was sent out. Everything is here, now.

Yes... 9 months is a long wait, but I was not in a hurry to begin with, and I'm glad they didn't just shut down and declare bankruptcy and not pay anyone or make clothes for anyone. I have worked for a number of companies--big, legitimate companies, that have had no problem with closing down and not paying anyone, so filling their obligations, even if it takes time, is appreciated by me. I can understand that people have been made very unhappy by this. It's an unfortunate situation all around.

But by now, most of the people I've talked to have actually received their orders. I hope everything is cleared up soon.

11. I shouldn't be writing here again (since I'm not representing Arcadia Dolls anymore), but that's good news! For what I know, Efoto and April's orders were the last ones to be delivered. That means that everyone already received their orders or (in April's case) has it on its way. I don't want anyone reading this thread believe that orders were not sent.

Efoto and April, you've been very kind and understanding. I want to thank you on behalf of my sister for your patience.

12. Everything arrived with no problem.

I didn't mind waiting. I run a one-person business, so I know how things could go wrong. As long as I finally got what I paid for, I won't complain a lot. I'm very glad everyone got their items.

13. Has everything been resolved with them?

14. I recently had an email from Arcadia inviting me to order from their web-site. I would love to do so but am rather nervous after the previous delays. Has anyone got any advice or views?

15. Personally, after the way they handled the last debacle, you couldn't pay ME to go back to them now, but in the end, they did actually FINALLY get all the orders filled, so they do have some semblance of professionalism left I guess. I got the same email and was frankly STUNNED that they're even attempting doing business again after this. Certainly they have no good will from me.

16. My own experience with Arcadia Dolls was good. I ordered about 9 outfits with accessories from Arcadia Dolls' Circus series in April 2011.

And communications with Licanen during this period to discuss ordering and selling Arcadia Circus outfits at my booth for a local BJD event (The Doll Affair 2011) went very well. I had also broached the subject of Arcadia Dolls' problems in finishing orders during our discussion and voiced my concerns to her as I did come upon this thread before ordering. And Licanen assured me that Arcadia Dolls had settled all their outstanding orders.

As there was only a window of a month and half between my order and the BJD event, Licanen also assured me that she could complete and send out the outfits in time. And she kept her word, the completed outfits did arrive on time to me and were all well-made and stitched.

To prove that I'm not a sock puppet, lol, here's some photos of my booth during TDA 2011 featuring and selling Arcadia Circus outfits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thank you very much for your post, Verity, it is very reassuring! I am thinking of giving it a try.

18. Has anyone ordered from Arcadia dolls recently? :)

19. I ordered from them on February 2 and today I sent them an email asking about my order. 6 weeks for one t-shirt, pants and socks are a bit too much (even if I'm a patient person ¬¬)

20. I placed an order early January and got a confirmation from them on Jan 17th.. But have not heard from them since. I wrote them beginning of March to follow up, but no responses yet.. Just sent them another email and hopefully this one will get their attention!

I wish I had found this thread before I placed my order..