1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are all your dolls from one company?

Sep 21, 2009

1. Definitely not. I have dolls from Souldoll, Ninodoll, Crobidoll and DoD at the moment along with heads from Astral In Rainbow, Soom and So Nyeon Gi. Honestly I prefer artist's heads more than anything else, so I have to hybridise a lot of the dolls I like/want. I wouldn't have it any other way though. ^_^ Too much of one thing isn't something I really like...

2. For a while yeah, all volks, but I recently added 2 kid delfs (luts), one Crobie doll lance and a nDoll Yeon. I like a lot of different companies now. I was just used to seeing volks more often. They are still a favorite!

3. About half of my resin family are from Dollzone (and this because I find many of the sculpts beautiful, not that I'm broke, thank you very much). The rest are Dollmore (o, how I love DM!), Luts, Iplehouse and Bobobie. I'm quite fond of mixing sculpts from different companies for the sake of contrast (size, looks, feel, personality et c.) among other things.

4. Yep; two big Dollzone boys, with two more to come. I'm with nineveh in that it's not so much an issue of affordability (DZ doesn't seem all that much cheaper than many other doll companies now, anyway) as that for some reason, I find several of the sculpts especially appealing. I love me some pointy little noses and quirky smirks. :)

On the other hand, if it weren't for the fact that I really, really want to limit myself to four dolls and no more (let's see how well I fare in this endeavor, haha), I definitely wouldn't be opposed to owning dolls from other companies as well. The only girl from Dollzone that absolutely calls to me is Celine, but the tall and lovely ladies from Spirit Doll have definitely won my admiration. Soom's monthlies are almost always amazing to see -- and if I ever decided to go larger and get a Mecha Angel, I'd snatch up boy Saiph in a heartbeat. Besides these, I also love some of the sculpts I've seen from Crobidoll, nDoll, Souldoll, Dream of Doll, and Angell Studio ... and of course, I'm always excited to see new faces from up-and-coming companies, like Medusa Zion from Angelheim!

XD;; So in sum, before this reply turns into a glorified wishlist -- Dollzone is what I'm sticking with at present, but it's definitely not meant to be exclusive.

5. Most of my crew are from Luts/CP and Migidoll... with one Volks tossed in there for cuteness lol (a YoSD Kuuta)

6. I can't imagine only sticking to one company. I like too many different molds from too many different companies to limit myself like that. at the moment, I have dolls from Bobobie, Elfdoll, Luts and Domuya (hybrid boy), Dollzone and Fdoll (more hybrids), Fairyland, Unidoll, Resinsoul, Obitsu and Cherishdoll.

Also? I do hope you realise that Dollzone aren't actually terribly cheap anymore. ( paid as much for one of my X heads as I did for an El head, so there's no longer a huge price difference.) I will say that I do have more Dollzone and Bobobie dolls than any other companies, but that is because I *like* them and wouldn't trade them-especially my Xs-for anything.

7. Most of my dolls are from Soom but I have an Obitsu and an AOD as well. I have some Abadon parts on the way so I'll eventually have to get a Luts doll too. I'm also in love with Tata and HZ dolls so i'm sure I'll eventually break down and buy at least one of those.

1/21/10 Edit: Just paid off my first Iplehouse doll :)

8. I have at least one doll and several multiples from 18 different companies: Dollshe, Elfdoll, Iplehouse, Happydoll, Soom, Dollstown, Notdoll, Resinsoul, Secretdoll, Dollzone, Fairyland, Batchix, Roxydoll, Catgrove Shiny Doll, Dollmore, Tinybear, Doll Factory, and Coco Tribe. No Volks, yet, but I have one on my wishlist. I like diversity in my collection and have had nothing but great experiences from all these companies.

Edit: I totally forgot about hybrid parts. I also have parts from Aoi-Tuki, Domuya, and Volks (two DD bodies).

9. I only have two dolls at present, and they're from two different companies (AoD and Supia). I'm planning on one more Supia girl to complete the twin pair I was planning for, and then there's going to be Crobidoll, Pipos, and Fairyland.

10. My dolls are from several companies, although I seem to have a fondness for Luts and Fairyland.

Dollmore - 1
      Dream of Doll - 1
      Mythdoll - 1
      Volks - 1
      Luts - 1
      Fairyland - 3 (although technically my MNF Tan El came from Luts)

11. M-mh .. but that's just what happens when you go for hybrids. I have to admit though that I always loved what I found on Luts and that I'm definitely not a big Volks fan.

12. Yes, all of my 18 dolls are from Volks. I have in the past owned dolls from CP/Luts, Dollshe, AngelRegion, K-doll, and Dolkot all at once, but my tastes changed over time, and I plan to stick to an all-Volks dollie family from here on out.

13. I only have ordered my first doll, but I plan on ordering the second from the same company (Dream of Doll). After that, I'll branch out to other companies.

14. No. When I first started in this hobby there was one company I adored, I have three dolls from them but two of the orders got screwed up so I swore I'd never use them again. I moved on to a different company, my tastes had evolved. So I have two dolls from the compnay now. I also have a head on the way which if from a different company still.

15. I go for what grabs me, aesthetically, so mine are going to be a mixture. I say "are going to be", because I'm currently saving for a Bobobie Charisma to go with my LUTS Lu-wens and Juri06!

So while it looks like I have a company loyalty, that ain't going to be the case for much longer as long as other companies keep making beautiful boys. ^^

(I wish LUTS would make slightly more diverse-looking faces, though. :/)

16. I have a pretty diverse group - all together I have around 9 companies represented, though some are just bodies or heads. I prefer a diverse group, and actively look for dolls I like from different companies that might fit in. I've even finally found a Volks or two I kind of like, though they're of course hard to get ones. There are only 2 or 3 companies I've found that don't make ANY dolls I like at all.

So while my group and wishlist are heavily weighted toward Cerberus Project, I do like to have a variety. I can't imagine having a whole group from one company!

17. Almost all of my dolls are from Volks, it's always been that way and always will be that way. I have two Bluefairy minis that I adore, and they're really the only other company whose entire line and aesthetic appeals to me. If I could afford to have one of each of the Bluefairy sculpts as boys I would do it. I do have an artist head and a CP head, but both are on Volks bodies. I lovelovelove Volks bodies.

Once I find a company and look I like, I stick with it because I like dealing with companies who I know provide consistent customer service and quality. I also like my dolls to all look attractive and well matched together, and that is much easier when you stick to one company. I am lucky in that both companies I really like also look really good together.

18. I have my dolls from 7 different companies. ^^; Tough, I've found Bluefairy Tinyfairies to be the ones that attract me the most. I would still love at least one from Limhwa and some others. I played with the thought of selling others than BF but then I just couldn't, loving the ones I have.

Bluefairy - 10 + one on shipping
      Dream of Doll - 1
      Elfdoll - 1
      Luts/Fairyland - 5 (selling two so I don't count them here)
      Limhwa - 1
      Soom - 2
      Pipos - 1

19. My collection is founded on variety - I prefer the idea of a pastiche of companies and scales, the only unifying factor being that I loved the sculpt enough to buy. Oddly enuff, following this non-rule, I think my group looks really good together and all could be residents of the same fractured fairyland.

Speaking of Fairyland, there are three companies I have more than one doll from: Bobobie, Fairyland (second doll body incoming) and Pipos. Bobobie because I love their price point, adore their coloured resins, and am mad about their work with artists like Tinybear (2 of my BBB-cast dolls are hers). Fairyland because I love the engineering of their sculpts - beautiful! And Pipos, well...my first ABJD was a Pipos Baha, and if I had unlimited funds, I'd own every single one of their dolls...just love those sweet animals!

I agree with the theory of 'stick with what you know' and a 'one company' policy might help with the budgeting (consider Volks, or Soom - er...maybe not :|) but that seems a very dull way to collect, to me. As part of my interest in doll-acquisition is getting hands-on with different types of construction and jointing, I'd have trouble justifying a single-company collection as an investment toward building my own doll.

20. I started out just liking Soom and Elfdoll and then got into Souldoll and Luts. I've tried dolls from other companies but they just don't work for me. I don't go for the more childlike sculpts - jsut not my thing. I sometimes feel I should be more adventurous but mistakes are expensive so i tend to stick with what I know.:)