1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are all your dolls from one company?

Sep 21, 2009

1. A hefty percentage of my dolls are from Soom -- 2/3 exactly based on what is in the house, with the same percentage incoming and paid off. The wishlist is much, much more heavily varied.

2. I predominantly seem to like Volks and Soom, for reasons that are different for both of them, but there seem to be a lot of other companies that have just one mold out of their bunch that I really, really like and want to have someday. This would be why I have like 5 Volks sculpts, 3 Soom sculpts, and then just one of this and one of that from some other companies. I like to have consistency and variety all at once. XD

3. Soom junkie here. ^-^ But I simply cannot imagine restricting myself to one company---there are so many beautiful sculpts out there, it just seems silly!!

Soom = 3
      Dream of Doll = 1, plus 1 floating head
      Leekeworld = 1
      Luts/CP = 1 floating head

And then I had another full CP doll which I sold. Not to mention, my wishlist has bunches of companies not listed here, ones I haven't even purchased from yet, but definitely plan to!! ^-^ To me, "purism" only limits you and narrows such a beautiful and diverse selection of BJDs the world has to offer...of course, many of us have our personal favorite companies, but I could never ever view a single company as the be-all-end-all of dollery...that would be so single-minded, and I appreciate the strengths, weaknesses, styles, and trends of so many different companies for varying reasons. ^^

4. I'm a Volks addict, I'm afraid. :sweat I have two incoming Volks MSD girls, twins, actually and have about 6 other Volks kids on my wishlist, most of which are MSD as well.

5. im pretty diverse with bodies for my hybrids, but as far as head sculpt goes, i am a repeater...most of the dolls on my wish list are from companies i already have dolls for too.

Dollmore = 3 going on 4 (3 full dolls + 1 head)
      B&G = 3 (two full dolls + 1 head/hybrid)
      CP sculpted (both Luts and Fairyland) = 5 going on 6 (1 full, 4 head/hybrids, 1 head)
      Migidoll = 2 (heads only)
      iplehouse = 1 (full doll)
      Resinsoul = 1 (full doll)
      Leekeworld = 1 (full doll)

bodies for my hybrids
      2 B&G
      1 Luts Delf
      1 Volks
      1 Iplehouse
      1 Domuya
      1 AOD

1 pair of Soom legs (Heliot)

i am definitely ordering a MD head when the order period opens and my next 2 planned dolls are coming from Dollmore...so, more to the already existing crew....

6. I wouldn't. If it is a doll I would like, I would buy it from any company. However, I would stick with paypal.

7. Hehe, I once thought I might just end up with the whole Iplehouse collection! But no, I have a mix.

My first doll is Iplehouse, my second is a Soom, and my third will be a hybrid Heliot body and DIM MNM head.

I suppose that means that Soom is actually "winning" at this point, which I never would have guessed. Hehe. My wishlist is still populated by a majority of Iplehouse dolls however. I adore their sculpts. Soom has a coupled more, and Limhwa and Supia are on there too. ^_^

8. all of my dolls are bobobies I just love the way they look, the weights of them and thier cute little aces and elf ears. So far I have 2 with 1 on the way and waiting to see if I win the auction for my fourth. ^_^

9. Owning only dolls from one company doesn't mean you can't appreciate dolls from others. ;) There are still many other dolls I like besides Volks, which is what my whole doll family is, but owning them doesn't work for me. I can certainly appreciate all the gorgeous men Iplehouse releases, and still have a soft spot for the old-school Dollshes, that's for sure. :love I'd just rather look than own. :)

10. I've got a mixture. But, my two favorite sculptors are Leroi (Mythdoll-Wishel-Abio Angels) and Blood (K-doll). I also like Bobobie a lot and have at least one more of their dolls on my wishlist.

I have:
      Domuya - one body
      K-Doll - one head
      Bobobie - one doll and one body
      Fantasy doll - one head
      Mythdoll - One doll
      Wishel - One doll
      Customhouse - One doll

11. Well said~ :aheartbea I'm the same way. :sweat I love CP boys (specially El :lol:) and Fairyland's pukis, minifees and pukifees make me "D'awww" everytime I see them, while I like looking at them, they aren't quite what I want in my family, they aren't sculpts I could love as much to own as to look at and enjoy, there are just alot of sculpts that aren't right for what I'm looking for, it's that fact which makes people have favorites, I may not like a companies dolls for the same reason someone else loves them. Although I think I will still end up with a pukipuki at some point. :lol:

I think it's the same as someone preferring one size to another, one gender to another, one hair or eye color more than another, someone likes realistic sculpts, someone else doesn't, etc. Just because someone only likes one company or just a few companies doesn't automatically mean they're close-minded, the same can be said about cars or anything really, like favorite colors. If I like Fords doesn't mean I don't like some Chevy models too, if I like blue it doesn't mean I hate red. ;) Sorry for the car and color examples and for babbling so much. :sweat

12. Mostly, yes. 24 are from Luts, 4 are from Volks, 3 are from Soom, 6 are from Fairyland, 1 is a Lady Saiyuki doll, 1 is a Bobobie, 1 is a Asleep Eidion, 1 is from Bambicrony, 1 is from Doll in Mind, and 1 is from Blue Blood doll.

However, I do like looking at other dolls. I just know owning them doesn't work for me.

13. Currently I have a Dollzone and a Dollmore... and I'm planning on a Leeke or Angell-Studio next.

While there are companies that consistently impress me (*stares at Soom*) I usually have a certain character in mind when I pick a doll to buy and sometimes "oooh pretty!" and "looks like _____" doesn't match... though I'm sure I'll fall off that slippery slope when I buy dolls just for being pretty sooner or later... :doh I never hold up any promise to myself in BJD collecting...

14. I like variety in my dollies ^_^ Right now I have a Fairyland Puki Piki, an Iplehouse Tatiana, and a Latidoll Renia I have a Dolkot Bera head that I'm selling, but I have full intentions to buy her again (as a full doll) when I have the money.

I like whatever dolls appeal to me, regardless of company. I have dolls on my wishlist from Crobidoll, Angel Studio, Iplehouse, Fairyland, Elfdoll, Pipos, and possibly a few minimee. Plus there are a few companys I have my eyeballs on because I know one day they will release something that I will fall in love with and must have (SOOM and Angelheim mostly). I also love some of DD Annes One-Offs and might snatch one up one day if I have the funds.

15. I actively dislike having too many dolls from the same company. I like that all my dolls have different body sculpts, and despite being from different companies I find they look good together.

I do have two pairs of dolls from the same company but they're different sizes -- I have a Bambicrony Ciao Bella (yoSD sized) and a Brava Bambi (MSD sized), and I have a Volks YoSD and an MSD. I briefly had two dolls on the same type of body and the fact that they had identical hands actually drove me nuts.

16. I have an Elfdoll, a Dollzone, and a Dollmore Kid. I could never stick with just one company's dolls, because there are too many good companies out there.

17. Oh certainly!! Yeah what I mean is, we all have our fave companies [I know I do! <3] but what I meant by "purism" was more like if I were to say, "Soom is the best, all other doll companies and their dolls suck compared to my dolls, rant, rant" kind of thing...but yeah, I know where you're coming from, I ADORE all of the Dollstown girls, but I just don't really think I want one myself...so yeah, totally know what you mean.:)

Gosh, I'm sorry if I came across as "rarrr", that certainly was not my intent!:sweat

18. Well said! That's how the hobby works for me as well. ^_^

19. I wouldn't mind having a collection of all Supia, Limhwa, or Elfdoll dolls because each company has such a wonderful collection. However, I would much rather have a variety (like a sampling) of companies. Thus I have Unidoll/Minimee and Elfdoll and will (hopefully) soon have Supia.

20. Bobobie, Dollzone and Dollmore dolls here. I want more Dollmore kids! And Dollzone Yuu. So, only 3 companies for me.