1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are all your dolls from one company?

Sep 21, 2009

1. Oh man, so many people responded! I should have put in a poll!!

It's cool to see what people's doll break down is.

My now/near future projection is:

6 Volks (I'm a volks girl/ I love their dolls, the resin etc...)
      1 DOD (would love another though!)
      1 Crobi doll
      1 Orient Doll
      3 Brownies
      1 CP/Luts
      1 Bishonen House (would love more of these, as well)
      1 CH body.

2. Yep! I only have dolls from one company for right now. I only have two Dollzones, and I do love Dollzone sculpts. I have plans for another Dollzone, a BB Jing, in the future somewhere.

However, that being said I am planning on buying a Crobidoll Lance and a Domadoll centaur Jado. I like a different mixed look with my dolls; so long as I like the look of the doll, I'll get it.

I am (most likely) in the minority when I say most Volks dolls don't appeal to me, aesethically. But I can totally understand why someone would only want one of a particular company! And, if ever given the chance to tour the Volks store in Japan, I would go in a heart beat.

3. Right now I have three dolls, One at home and two in transit. They're all from different companies. I don't even see myself really sticking to one company. I find that for the most part, each company has a distinct look, and this variation between them (especially when it comes to bodies!) is what draws me to change them up.
      If anything, I'm trying to shy away from buying more then one doll from a single company.

Soom might be an exception for me with their MDs down the line... (though for the sake of my wallet I hope not!)

4. I have two MiniFees with three more on the way, and I have plans to get three LittleFees. It's not brand loyalty, I just really like the sculpts and the quality of the work. And I haven't seen any other dolls from other companies that I like enough to buy.

So yes, I'm a FairyLand girl through and through! :)

5. I have dolls from several different companies. I tend to stick with in the same size range, but other than that I'm just looking for the right sculpt to fall in love with. I don't think I could find the right sculpts as well as size range and body type in just one doll company. I do have two dollzones, but other than that my other dolls are all different.

I have
      2 dollzones
      1 Doll Family
      1 Angel Fantasy
      1 CP Delf
      1 Little Monica
      1 Custom House

Hubby has
      1 Dream of Doll
      1 DBDoll

Soon I plan to buy a Napidoll head (not sure what body I will put him with, but the company doesn't do bodies of their own) and probably a Junior Delf.

6. I have Luts and Iplehouse so far. I expect I'll have other brands in the future too if i can manage to work out the finances :P

7. Nope, we like variety in this house. :3
      Between myself and my mom, we have:
      CP (Luts)
      CP (Fairyland)
      Doll in Mind
      Domuya
      Migidoll
      Iplehouse
      JollyPlus
      Custom House
      Dollzone
      Soom
      Oceanmoon
      Dream of Doll

8. Hmm... I never thought of myself as a "volks person" because there is a lot I don't like about the company itself that doesn't really inspire company loyalty. But, here I am owning all Volks dolls plus one Dollshe Bermann. As to how that happened, most of the volks dolls I wanted to own were limited, thus they get more expensive every year (as opposed to all the standard models I covet from other companies that stay the same reasonable price!), thus when I see one for a good price, I scoop them up! Well, now I just have too many dolls to justify buying another doll from ANY company, so my collection might stay pretty un-diverse.

But, actually, I don't feel like my collection is stifled when I have a lot of heads from the same company, because faces always look different from one another. What I really can't stand is having multiple of the same body! And, while I like the occasional head from another company but generally prefer volks, I covet the BODIES of TONS of doll companies! So, I own a Dollstown 13g body that's just the bee's knees, and I'm definitely looking into body options that can make my F-16 look womanly and in proportion (an EID female body maybe?!).

For the record, these are all the dolls I've loved and sold in my time, since I discovered the hobby in 2004:

Customhouse Ai Gene
      Volks SD10 Oldskin Standard Mimi
      Volks Custom Y!J female Syo head
      Angel Region Diana head
      Notdoll Alethia
      Volks Limited Chris v. 3 Hiroshima
      Souldoll Soulkid Aru
      CP Lishe Special in white skin
      Domadoll Kkotmu
      Soom Glot

9. No used to be all I had was Dollstown, then one by one sold them and kept one who's been here now a year. So I have...
      Dollstown Hue-Shigure
      Dream Realm Black Crow-Ayame
      Dollshe Saint-Hatori
      Blue Blood Waltz-Yuki

Soon to be added by end of year
      Dollshe Bernard-?
      Soom Bygg- Kagura
      Soom Beyla- Rin
      Soom Hybrid a mix of 3 Soom Gems-Haru

Would love to add the New Soul Doll boy Elden-Love that Tattoo

10. I have a mix... I couldn't find one company that provided the sculpts I was looking for in my dolls!

11. Not even close! :) We have dollz from A to Z here:

Angel Fantasy
      Angel of Dreams
      Buddy Doll
      CP/Delf
      Custom House
      DiM
      Dollzone
      Domuya
      DreamCreator
      Elfdoll
      Fairyland
      Iplehouse
      Lovelyhouse
      Migidoll
      Orientdoll
      Serendipity
      Souldoll
      Unidoll
      Volks
      and...um... Zaoll... that's not the company but. :)

ETA: and because I'm a total dork I had to come in and alphabetize the list ;)

12. I have a mixture! :3 I have one from Dollzone, one from Dollmore, one from Luts (CP) and a Volks! <3 I love them all. I have a wishlist for all sorts of dolls. From Volks to Pipos. I love them all and I don't deny a single company. (Other than Dark Castle, they scare me)!

13. My 3 MSD boys are from Dream of Doll. I'm waiting for more boys scuplts from DOD since they're my favorite company to buy MSDs.

My 3 SD boys are from Luts. No other SDs called my attention (except for Volks but i don't really want one)

My 2 tinies (I'm planning to buy more in the future) are pukis from fairyland. And I'm waiting for a Soom tiny! and I will probably buy more tinies from Soom :)

I should add that i've owned one MNF and MSDs from dollzone but they were not what i hoped for, that's why I love DOD.

14. My crew ended up being from 6 different companies. When I got into the hobby I never really had my eyes set on one company. I rather like the diversity because it's like owning a different piece of art; every company's style is different. Though I must saw I'm more partial to dollshe, supia, and lati at the moment and they take up a good portion of my wishlist. But own just one company? It would probably be too difficult for me.. ^^;

15. I keep a very small collection, but I like variety and am more likely to seek out a sculpt just because it is from a different company. My crew are members of a multicultural "neighborhood", not a family...so I like them to reflect that kind of diversity and look very different from one another.

But I have a good friend who collects only Luts SDs and SDFs. At last count she had a dozen of them! I think it's really cool and amazing that her collection reflects a love of a single company.

16. All my dolls are not came from 1 company

2 from Lati
      1 from D.I.M
      1 from Fairyland
      2 from Customhouse

i am definitely want more dolls from those companies again, the first doll that got me to bjd was from fairyland....so i can see more fairyland in the future..., also i love Crobidoll (though my wallet don't agree with me xD)

17. i don't own any dolls... YET lol but i know for a fact that well a majority of my dolls will come from Dollmore hehe, but more doll sites are growing on me. so no they wont come from the same site, or not ALL of them anyway.

18. No. Not even close.

19. nope, my first is from fairyland, a puki sugar, my second is from luts a kiddelf, then comes a volks Irvin and I also own a summary luts event head, who is in need of a body XD
      I do have preferences for certain companies, such as Luts of course and Volks, I choose on sculpt not on company when looking for a doll.

20. Currently, yes. All my dolls are from Volks, but it wasn't always the case.

Since the time I've started collecting BJDs; I've owned dolls from Dollzone, MSDoll, CP/Luts, K-Doll, Bluefairy and Latidoll. The periods in which I owned dolls from these companies certainly overlapped at some stage, but for the last year and a half, I've pretty much rehomed all the other dolls and have accumulated solely Volks dolls. :XD: I've got nothing against the other dolls (in fact, I thought my DZ posed fantastically!), but I do so love Volks resin, and I just happen to like certain sculpts by them too.